Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin v2 - Git Gud Edition

Just realised that I'd missed the Frozen Outskirts area.

Getting my ass reamed by the frozen reindeer. The charging attack gets me pretty much every single time. Can't work out how to dodge it.

Worst area in any souls game and its not close.

The boss for that area, the Kings Pets, imo are the hardest boss in the entire Soulsborne series. They fucking raped me, killed me, then raped my corpse. The only thing to come close was Midir in Dark Souls 3.

The boss for that area, the Kings Pets, imo are the hardest boss in the entire Soulsborne series. They fucking raped me, killed me, then raped my corpse. The only thing to come close was Midir in
3hYQ3oX.gif
Dark Souls 3.
How?

That part is easy once you have enough XP (or the staff works too) to buy a staff. tf <mma4>

Worst area in any souls game and its not close.
Nah. pre-patch Lost Izalith says hello. Dinobutts everywhere.

I didn't find Frozen Outskirts all that bad really. Just follow the sun and wait out the storms. You'll only encounter 4 Reindeer max per run if you time it right. The summons make it even easier.

Nah. pre-patch Lost Izalith says hello. Dinobutts everywhere.

I didn't find Frozen Outskirts all that bad really. Just follow the sun and wait out the storms. You'll only encounter 4 Reindeer max per run if you time it right. The summons make it even easier.
Never had issue with Izalith. It was just time consuming.

Finished up playing DS:R and decided to start a new run in DS2. I thought for sure I would be invasion free since this game is quite old, but got invaded twice this morning. I totally forgot that in DS2 you can still get invaded while Hollow.

Finished up playing DS:R and decided to start a new run in DS2. I thought for sure I would be invasion free since this game is quite old, but got invaded twice this morning. I totally forgot that in DS2 you can still get invaded while Hollow.
Ive been debating going back and playing SOTFS since DSR came out. DS2 is easily my favorite of the 3 and the one i spent the most time with. The variety of DS2 and the number of different weapon armor and types of builds you can do just always makes me want to go back. I even went on mugenmonkey and planned out the builds i would do.

Damn i think im going back to DS2 now after i finish my sorcery build in DSR.

Which system?

Which system?

Playing on PS4. I suck so hard at PvP because I don't build for it. The first encounter I won when the dude fell off the parapit in the Lost Bastille. Second encounter I got roflstomped since I'm kind of heavy and weilding a slow mace. Dude was using pyromancy and quick weapons and kept me stagger locked most of the fight.

Ive been debating going back and playing SOTFS since DSR came out. DS2 is easily my favorite of the 3 and the one i spent the most time with. The variety of DS2 and the number of different weapon armor and types of builds you can do just always makes me want to go back. I even went on mugenmonkey and planned out the builds i would do.

Damn i think im going back to DS2 now after i finish my sorcery build in DSR.

It was my first game in the Soulsborn genra, so it holds a special place in my heart.

I actually started out playing Bloodborn this morning since I only played through it once, but something doesn't click for me with BB. The speed isn't an issue since Nioh probably has just as fast, if not faster combat and I loved Nioh. I think the complete lack of block and the parry system are the main reasons I can't get into it. I lasted maybe 30 min and jumped over to DS2.

It was my first game in the Soulsborn genra, so it holds a special place in my heart.

I actually started out playing Bloodborn this morning since I only played through it once, but something doesn't click for me with BB. The speed isn't an issue since Nioh probably has just as fast, if not faster combat and I loved Nioh. I think the complete lack of block and the parry system are the main reasons I can't get into it. I lasted maybe 30 min and jumped over to DS2.
I started with Dark Souls but it was towards the end of the games life a few months before DS2 came out. So ended up playing DS2 much more once it launched and fell in love with it.

My problem with Bloodborne is the setting. Never been a big fan of the steam punk/Victorian era. That with its shitty invading system and lack of defensive play like you said with lack of shields and it never grabbed my like the Souls game. Ended up selling it and never even downloaded when it was free on PS plus. DS3 i didnt like to much either mainly because of the lack of poise, 30% less health ember bullcrap, invading just not being fun, and lack of variety that DS2 had. DS3 got one of my friends into the Souls series thoi. We co-oped through the game then he went and bought DS2 SOTFS. And Co-oping DS2 was much more enjoyingable. Even he liked it more than DS3.

Completely forgot how tanky the dudes in the abyss chasms are. I thought I’d casually wreck Darklurker but power stanced maces did fuck-all and I got one shot by the fireball attack. This game is amazing and I’m addicted to it again.

Completely forgot how tanky the dudes in the abyss chasms are. I thought I’d casually wreck Darklurker but power stanced maces did fuck-all and I got one shot by the fireball attack. This game is amazing and I’m addicted to it again.

Only problem with it, is that its layout isn't as good as 1, 3 or Sekiro.. And the hit/hurtboxes. Otherwise the game is phenomenal

10 human effigies later I realize why I stopped trying to kill Darklurker

I went from DS1 (hated it), to DS3 (fell in love), back to DS1 early in DS3 for the remaster and cleared it (love it more than anything now). I then went back to DS3 to finish that off, minus the DLC (will get to it, don't want it to end).

I've since picked up DS2 (SOTFS) and had a really hard time with the laggy controls. Like the Souls crack addict I've become, I eventually got used to it (Durenzo mod helps too), and I really enjoyed it after the first few areas.

Outside of Majula (love that theme) I found it less inspiring than the other two at first, level/world design, but the game has its own distinct charm, and the environments pick up in grandeur. I love the Ironkeep on one hand, as it's a cool looking location!

No i frames when using doors lol the b team really gave no fucks about the player

The problem with the Iron Keep is the lack of iframes when opening doors/entering boss gates, which I found out the hard way (never noticed it before then lol). There's no sprinting from bonfire to boss there without crazy risk. Those Knights (there are so many in the first area) are sprinters, and with so many Anor Londo style Bowmen, it can be a cocksucker to get through.

I finally opened the path to Drangleic Castle, can't wait to get there!

Beat Darklurker. Connived all day, leveled a pyro glove to +10 and spammed flame swathe until it was dead.

Beat Darklurker. Connived all day, leveled a pyro glove to +10 and spammed flame swathe until it was dead.

I think that’s what I did. All I know is I respec’d and went all in on pyros to take that fucker out. Haven’t played it in almost four years but that’s what I recall doing.

I think that’s what I did. All I know is I respec’d and went all in on pyros to take that fucker out. Haven’t played it in almost four years but that’s what I recall doing.
People said Firestorm got multihits on it but I found it underwhelming. Flame swathe is OP. Then I went and beat Nashandra to death with the smelter hammer. Great game. Makes me wanna try a dex build since I’ve done strength and hexing

People said Firestorm got multihits on it but I found it underwhelming. Flame swathe is OP. Then I went and beat Nashandra to death with the smelter hammer. Great game. Makes me wanna try a dex build since I’ve done strength and hexing
Try a dual wield build, it's fabulous.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back