Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reed

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Good news DS2 fans the rumoured 4th DLC has been announced along with a PS4 and XBone release.

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin will include the three previously released DLC packs - Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the ivory King - along with additional features.

All versions of the game will include the following features (Existing Dark Souls II owners will receive a patch to implement these elements):

Additional NPCs added for an enhanced story experience.
Parameter adjustments for improved game balance.
Augmented item descriptions.
Improved online matchmaking functionality.

Xbox One, PS4, and DirectX 11 versions of the game will include the following features (in addition to those listed above):

Additional upgrades to graphics, sound, performance.
Increase in maximum online players in single session (6 total).

http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/103526088996/were-very-excited-to-announce-dark-souls-ii

It's hard to tell how exactly the game is changing in terms of content, but I'll be really interested in seeing what 6 player sessions are like. The preview only showed zones that are already in vanilla + current dlc.

It's hard to tell how exactly the game is changing in terms of content, but I'll be really interested in seeing what 6 player sessions are like. The preview only showed zones that are already in vanilla + current dlc.

It does look better graphically. Hopefully it fixes the lighting intended in the original release too. The dragon in Heides tower of Flame was a pleasant surprise.

PS4?! I think I just got a boner...

Any word on an AU release date?

Another game to add to the collection..
I wonder if they will rework dark souls 1 and demons souls for Ps4.
Im sure it would sell big .

Nice. I alright have it on my PC and 360. Can't wait to play it again on my PS4. Dark Souls is the only game I really find myself playing now.

I just finished a 2nd round if about 50 hrs in dark souls 2 so I don't think I have it in me to but this one.

It would be great if it was 60 FPS though.

Classic name.
"scholar of the first sin"..

From-soft brainstorm some classic names and titles .

Wait, this doesn't look quite so much like a 4th DLC so much as just GOTY re-release of the game for existing consoles and a port to new ones. I saw no new content in the trailer nor was any mentioned in the description. Darn. I am disappoint, and I think the OP should maybe be edited.

Last edited:
Hmm, it may be worth it for me just to pick up the PS4 version. The DLC is already $30 by itself and I haven't played any of it yet.

Hmm, it may be worth it for me just to pick up the PS4 version. The DLC is already $30 by itself and I haven't played any of it yet.

I'm in the same boat. Might be a bargain actually.

It would be awesome if they brought dark souls 1 to PS4 . Unlikely ,but a man can dream.

Wait, this doesn't look quite so much like a 4th DLC so much as just GOTY re-release of the game for existing consoles and a port to new ones. I saw no new content in the trailer nor was any mentioned in the description. Darn. I am disappoint, and I think the OP should maybe be edited.

Yeah I think you might be right, that sucks. I'd probably buy the game again for the PS4 if it had a new DLC.

Glad it's coming to PS4. I'll be getting it when I get a chance.

Already have it and all the DLC on PC. Probably won't get this, I'll wait for the new non-official Souls game to hit PS4.

It would be awesome if they brought dark souls 1 to PS4 . Unlikely ,but a man can dream.

Souls Collection. All souls games @ 1080p, 60fps, all DLC included. Art book including concept art and expanded lore.

randy-marsh-south-park-9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back