Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covetous finished. Ha that boss is so easy it's ridiculous.

Oh well it's been a good run but I don't expect to make it through Earthen Peak.

That went better than expected. Onto Iron Keep and the 400 enemies.

Covetous finished. Ha that boss is so easy it's ridiculous.

Oh well it's been a good run but I don't expect to make it through Earthen Peak.

You can cheese some of the tougher enemies with the environmental poison traps like the vases and whatever. Those pricks with the daggers though, they're brutal.

If you really want to keep it deathless, save smelter for later lol

Yeah I skipped Smelter lol. I soloed him at SL1 but it took me forever. He's risky for sure.

Made it to the third bonfire so just Old Iron King. Should be doable.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fucking Old Iron King got me with his laser beam. FUCK

I hate that thing. It knocks you down and then scorches you again when you stand up. No way to avoid it.

Oh well. Run went way longer than I expected so good times!

I hate that thing. It knocks you down and then scorches you again when you stand up. No way to avoid it.

Oh well. Run went way longer than I expected so good times!

The laser is bullshit lol it even goes through the wall if you try to hide. What weapon are you using m

Darklurker most certainly did not get nerfed. I JUST got one shotted with a fireball attack before even landing a single blow. I'm inclined to say fuck this boss and the Frigid Outskirts and be done with this shit. MGSV comes out tomorrow anyways.

I was wondering if he did get nerfed. It only took me two tries to down him as a melee build this last play through. My first time through DS2 it took me probably over 20.

The laser is bullshit lol it even goes through the wall if you try to hide. What weapon are you using m

Yeah that's what happened. I was hiding behind the wall in the doorway trying to heal. I was switching between the fire longsword and a rapier.

I was wondering if he did get nerfed. It only took me two tries to down him as a melee build this last play through. My first time through DS2 it took me probably over 20.

If he got nerfed then I shudder to think what the fight used to be like. He might take more damage but his spells are still OP and have insane tracking.

I was kinda shocked at how capable the Long Sword is during PVP. I was fairing a lot better with that than my Dragon Tooth or Great Club, which were entirely too slow, and invaders seemed to roll through my attacks unscathed.

The great clubs/hammers seem better suited for PVE and boss battles, however. Still, using something like the Long Sword kind of forces you to get better with your timing because the damage you cause isn't as great as some of the meatier weapons. I'm also digging the quicker stamina regeneration when going with lighter gear.

I was kinda shocked at how capable the Long Sword is during PVP. I was fairing a lot better with that than my Dragon Tooth or Great Club, which were entirely too slow, and invaders seemed to roll through my attacks unscathed.

The great clubs/hammers seem better suited for PVE and boss battles, however. Still, using something like the Long Sword kind of forces you to get better with your timing because the damage you cause isn't as great as some of the meatier weapons. I'm also digging the quicker stamina regeneration when going with lighter gear.

Great clubs are only good for ganks. Speed wins the day in 1v1. Katanas and daggers seem to be the best bet.

Longsword has a great moveset as well. Sweeping weak attack and quick thrusting strong. Very versatile. It just has shitty poise damage. The stone ring helps a bit with that though.

Yep fuck the fucking Darklurker. I'm done. Great game overall. Cheap difficulty at some points but overall a fun challenge for the most part.

Tried again after this post and died on the way. Shut the game off in lieu of throwing the disc out the window.

Last edited:
Thought I'd try beating the chalice dungeons I quit a while back. Forgot how cheap they were. Just about lost another controller. I need a break from From I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back