Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.
When does magic get good? I tried a sorcerer run once and felt like I was banging my head against the wall.

There are some powerful sorceries... but, I dunno. With the way magic in general has been nerfed, I typically only use buff spells, and use my long range/binocs to pull and avoid ambushes.

The character I'm leveling now is going to be a pyro buff build. Right now I'm only in the 50s as far as SL goes. Focusing on INT/ATN, got my STR/DEX at 10/16 to use the Uchi, but I'll buff those when I get to the Lost Sinner. I plan on using bonfire ascetics there twice so I can get the old witch soul twice, one for the Chaos Blade and one for Flame Weapon. At the moment, my guy uses sorcery: binoculars and Great/Heavy/Soul Arrows plus Magic Weapon. I think my stats(starting as a swordsman) are

VGR: 10
END: 10
ATN: 20
STR: 10
DEX: 16
INT: 20
FTH: 8(to open up Felkin, and also cause I may do a Hex/Dex build instead of a Pyro/Dex.

The Hunter's Black Bow is my shit, but I don't want to use it on this character... I always rock a bow. Maybe when I get to the DLCs on this character, where Sorcery, Lightening, and Fire aren't as powerful.

If you're going fire, try to keep your int+fth below 40. Anything past that is worthless.

Did you get greedy? That's what normally happens to me.

Stamina was gone just in time to eat a soul spear. Couldn't roll or swing the last blow. Unequipped the chloranthy ring in favor of dark quartz +2.

Stamina was gone just in time to eat a soul spear. Couldn't roll or swing the last blow. Unequipped the chloranthy ring in favor of dark quartz +2.

Not sure if you've tried this already, but if you're not using your shield during that battle, equip the Cloranthy Ring +1, eat some Green Blossom, and equip the Blossom Kite Shield.

If you're meleeing Darklurker, you should be able to consume the Green Blossom before it can hit you with anything.

I never bothered raising my shield for that fight, and choose instead to lean on rolling out and away from attacks. Not sure what armor you're using, but you might want to try reducing it to 50.

Just made it to Frozen Outskirts...fuck that place man. That goddamn Frozen Reindeer scared the shit out of me. I bolted in the opposite direction because I was so unprepared for it (I completely missed this area any time I've played), and I could hear the damn thing barreling towards me as I raced to get to the two NPC summon signs. Damn thing ran me down like I was a slug.

Not sure if you've tried this already, but if you're not using your shield during that battle, equip the Cloranthy Ring +1, eat some Green Blossom, and equip the Blossom Kite Shield.

If you're meleeing Darklurker, you should be able to consume the Green Blossom before it can hit you with anything.

I never bothered raising my shield for that fight, and choose instead to lean on rolling out and away from attacks. Not sure what armor you're using, but you might want to try reducing it to 50.

Using agdaynes top with drakeblood leggings. Thought agdaynes would give me dark defense but its marginal at best. Might just fight nekked.

Just made it to Frozen Outskirts...fuck that place man. That goddamn Frozen Reindeer scared the shit out of me. I bolted in the opposite direction because I was so unprepared for it (I completely missed this area any time I've played), and I could hear the damn thing barreling towards me as I raced to get to the two NPC summon signs. Damn thing ran me down like I was a slug.

And if they don't run you down they'll just kill you with range attacks.

I killed him as melee with a greatshield that absorbed as much magic damage as possible. My great club, stamina regen stuff, and some light, magic resist gear.

If you don't move during the blizzard in the frozen outskirts the reindeer won't spawn. After you get past the second building though they'll spawn regardless. When I was fighting the boss in that area I would just run towards the boss area with the stamina shield and green blossom once I reached the second building. You might get killed but its better than fighting 2 or 3 of them at the same time.

All I've read in these last few posts seem to scream "git gud,"

But fuck the DLC is definitely more difficult than the base game.

I liked the level design of the DLCs a lot more than the main game. They were more DS1-esque.

I still haven't finished all the DLC's. Only done the first one so far. It was definitely harder than the main game. It's amazing to see how easy speedrunners make them look though.

I still haven't finished all the DLC's. Only done the first one so far. It was definitely harder than the main game. It's amazing to see how easy speedrunners make them look though.

The speed runners are insane. A lot of the ones I've seen used santiers spear before the nerf though. They'd pop a bright bug and buff with the lightning spell and just wreck everything.

The speed runners are insane. A lot of the ones I've seen used santiers spear before the nerf though. They'd pop a bright bug and buff with the lightning spell and just wreck everything.

I should try a bright bug one of these days. I usually avoid buffs but those things seem to do hella damage.

So basically I said fuck the Frigid Outskirts, killed the npc for the dragon chime, and started ng+.

All I've read in these last few posts seem to scream "git gud,"

But fuck the DLC is definitely more difficult than the base game.

maxresdefault.jpg

Need a new thread version, locking this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back