Dark Souls 3 - The Ringed City DLC

So I’ve finally made it to the end of the Ringed City. Jesus fucking Christ Midir is a hard boss. Way more difficult than anything else in this game. I’ve used up all my embers (had about 18 to start) trying to call in allies to help, and he consistently mercs me and my allies.

Sometimes you can only git gud to a certain point before you hit a wall and really need to think about what to do, because now I’m getting frustrated.

So I’ve finally made it to the end of the Ringed City. Jesus fucking Christ Midir is a hard boss. Way more difficult than anything else in this game. I’ve used up all my embers (had about 18 to start) trying to call in allies to help, and he consistently mercs me and my allies.

Sometimes you can only git gud to a certain point before you hit a wall and really need to think about what to do, because now I’m getting frustrated.
He has a higher learning curve than most but he's actually the most consistent boss to fight in the DLC. This streamer made a bunch of GIFs to show how to dodge and punish his attacks at SL1.

https://gfycat.com/@x15decc/albums/animated_guide_to_midir27s_head

Pertinent mercury and lightning is your friend. He's a health sponge

ok, i deserved this.

i was practically bragging in the nioh thread and previous souls threads whenever i'd post "these games aren't hard, they're just about patience, i only died 3x in nioh blah blah blah"

i'm getting f'ing THROTTLED by darkeater midir. holy f'ing shit, f this boss. the way he spins around out of range of EVERYTHING every freakin time i get a chance to land a big shot.. the way he oneshots you (practically) w/the laser beam if you get caught.. the way his attacks go "around" your shield all the time..

i've died 8-10 times, easily, and i am in no hurry to go back..

k, time to read up on the thread like a good poster should('ve) and see if others are hating this guy as much as i am...

Loved the DLC, and Midir and Gael were pretty sick boss fights. I was doing the game on some new game plus on my first file where I got the platinum so Midir would pretty much take all my health with his charge attack and tail whip, and his charged fire breath would just one shot me full hp. He must have killed me 40 times before I found a pattern to use, and even then I would die because he hits so damn hard. IMO the best dragon fight out of all Souls games. It actually felt like I was fighting a dragon.

Midir's design is definitely the best they've ever come up with. His movement and the sense of scale in that fight are amazing. From did an incredible job.

Well I just completed my first play through of the game and Midir was far and away the toughest boss for me. To me, you can tell how hard a boss is based on their ability to kick the shit out of you even with allies. 1 on 1 Gael might be harder, but with allies I beat him after 2 tries. I saved Soul of Cinder for last and was determined to solo him and pulled it off on my 4th attempt. But with Midir it maybe took me 50 tries even with allies. Unbelievable.

I think that each game in the series has that one boss that just fucks with you, even if you have allies. In Bloodborne I struggled with the Blood starved beast. In Dark Souls II I struggled with the King’s Pets at the end of the third DLC. I don’t remember what I struggled with the most in Dark Souls 1, but it was probably Manus, while in Demon’s Souls I think the Blue Dragon took my lunch money.

Well I just completed my first play through of the game and Midir was far and away the toughest boss for me. To me, you can tell how hard a boss is based on their ability to kick the shit out of you even with allies. 1 on 1 Gael might be harder, but with allies I beat him after 2 tries. I saved Soul of Cinder for last and was determined to solo him and pulled it off on my 4th attempt. But with Midir it maybe took me 50 tries even with allies. Unbelievable.

I think that each game in the series has that one boss that just fucks with you, even if you have allies. In Bloodborne I struggled with the Blood starved beast. In Dark Souls II I struggled with the King’s Pets at the end of the third DLC. I don’t remember what I struggled with the most in Dark Souls 1, but it was probably Manus, while in Demon’s Souls I think the Blue Dragon took my lunch money.

dude, f midir. just defeated me so badly.. we genuinely stopped playing for a month i think. felt so broken. the way his "center" or whatever makes him slide out of the way nonstop when he spins.. just impossible to deal with with a slow strong weapon build.. it was so awful. my friend and I ended up cheesing midir w/that poison spell or whatever it is. it broke us.

prepare to try (youtube channel, hilarious U.K. IGN guys) is doing the ringed city right now.. i don't even think it's remotely possible that Rory can beat midir

Just got the dlc, and to my dismay, found out the entrance is toward the end of the game, and i had just started a ng+ just to do it.... Have to do it all over again just to get there. Shitty

Just got the dlc, and to my dismay, found out the entrance is toward the end of the game, and i had just started a ng+ just to do it.... Have to do it all over again just to get there. Shitty
The first dlc can be accessed early but the content is harder than the base game so most people just wait to do both dlc's near the end of their playthrough.

Do you have both dlc’s? Because if you do you can access Ashes from Cathedral of the Deep, and then you can access the Ringed City from the end of Ashes, so you wouldn’t have to play through the entire game again.

Do you have both dlc’s? Because if you do you can access Ashes from Cathedral of the Deep, and then you can access the Ringed City from the end of Ashes, so you wouldn’t have to play through the entire game again.
Yeah, i am in ashes now. Just got done with the pyromancer invasion in that little colosseum area. This area is tough as hell for me, since I'm all melee. Those big bastards on the small ledges is quite tough

You can get through DS3 in less than 3 hours casually playing and grabbing everything if you don't suck.

I own a PS4 and Bloodborne if you have that. I don't own DS3 for PS4 unfortunately, my friend.

I’m doing another play through of Bloodborne after two years away. Getting fucked hard by Ludwig, and I must be too low level (57) because I’m not having any luck summoning anyone to help me.

I’m doing another play through of Bloodborne after two years away. Getting fucked hard by Ludwig, and I must be too low level (57) because I’m not having any luck summoning anyone to help me.
Yeah dlc is usually level 80-100

what kind of Build should I do... leaning toward MAGIC-PYRO-FAITH...whatever is good for game plu DLC...

Any1 can help me? Dark Soul's 1 and 2 ive done str or dex build and Bloodborne was HMGS Build...so any1 can help me?

what kind of Build should I do... leaning toward MAGIC-PYRO-FAITH...whatever is good for game plu DLC...

Any1 can help me? Dark Soul's 1 and 2 ive done str or dex build and Bloodborne was HMGS Build...so any1 can help me?
Funny, I was just about to do another run of this since BB was giving me a headache. Then I see your bump. Quit following me around! lol

Back