Dark Souls: Remastered

I've used that method before too. Good luck if you go left first though. lol
I’ve never tried lol. Lobos turned me on to the method I use now so I’ve always stuck to it.

Catch the occasional swipe but that’s usually the worst of it.

Playing DSR reminds why i wasnt able to get into DS3 like i was with the first 2. DS3 just feels like i big step backwards compared to DS.

DS > DS2 > DS3

Honorable mention to the DS2 DLs which were amazing

Fighting Gwyn, landing parry after parry. One left to finish the deal. “Connection lost to Dark souls servers. Returning to main menu.” Suck my fucking dick this was a waste of $40

Fighting Gwyn, landing parry after parry. One left to finish the deal. “Connection lost to Dark souls servers. Returning to main menu.” Suck my fucking dick this was a waste of $40
Beat him next try lol
giphy.gif

DS > DS2 > DS3

Honorable mention to the DS2 DLs which were amazing
Fume Knight and Sir Alonne fight are my two favorite boss fights in any Souls game. I enjoyed DS2 SOTFS the most. The PvP was at its best there and the DLC areas as you said were amazing and added much more to and already steller game.

Fume Knight and Sir Alonne fight are my two favorite boss fights in any Souls game. I enjoyed DS2 SOTFS the most. The PvP was at its best there and the DLC areas as you said were amazing and added much more to and already steller game.
If you can get to Alonne. That gauntlet is pretty brutal.

If you can get to Alonne. That gauntlet is pretty brutal.
And that sums up DS2.

An awesome fight that’s dampened by annoying bullshit leading up to it.

The game constantly takes two steps forward and one back.

I loved that level, brought back the DS1 style of map interconnectedness that 2 lacked. In fact all the DLs did that.

DS1 still did it the best. Once you get the soul vessel and understand how it all connects, it’s very manageable and very rewarding. It also encourages fast cuts / but revisits of all levels.

DS2 and even 3 (which tried but failed to bring some of 1 back) did not have that - the really pussied out on the warping thing.

Going through ng+, seems to scale much more than the other games. Actually had to summon for Quelaag. Thankfully it was a mage who hit her with 3 dark beads and she was dead.

Finished up a play session last night and realized after clearing the Crystal Caves, I have no idea where to go next. I have 3 of the lord souls after getting done with the caves, cleared out the demon ruins and the orange gate past that to kill the centipede, and finished up down to the Abyss and took out the 4 Kings.

Finished up a play session last night and realized after clearing the Crystal Caves, I have no idea where to go next. I have 3 of the lord souls after getting done with the caves, cleared out the demon ruins and the orange gate past that to kill the centipede, and finished up down to the Abyss and took out the 4 Kings.
Nito.

Bed of Chaos should be the one you’re missing if you’ve cleared Nito, Seeth, and Four Kings.

I want to get good. I'm fascinated by this series and determined to give it a go because I feel like I'm missing out. Is there one you'd recommend playing first. It seems to make sense to play the DS1 remaster but I can get DS2 or 3 for about half the price.

Last edited:
I want to get good. I'm fascinated by this series and determined to give it a go because I feel like I'm missing out. Is there one you'd recommend playing first. It seems to make sense to the DS1 remaster but I can get DS2 or 3 for about half the price.
DS2 plays completely differently so it might not prepare you for the others in the series. Still a very good game but it's a lot slower.

If you git gud at DS3, you'll be ready for all of them.

I want to get good. I'm fascinated by this series and determined to give it a go because I feel like I'm missing out. Is there one you'd recommend playing first. It seems to make sense to play the DS1 remaster but I can get DS2 or 3 for about half the price.
DS1 and DS3 are very similar while DS2 kind of does its own thing. If you wanns get ready for DS1 play DS3 its a much easier and inferior version of DS1 but still a great game. DS2 SOTFS is my favorite and probably overall the hardest. It also has the most fleshed out combat and best variety of magic weapons and armor.

I was late to the party myself and started with DST:SotFS on PS4, since then I have gone through DS3, Demon Souls and now going through DS1:R. DS2 is pretty widely agreed to be the weakest of the bunch. I really enjoyed it playing through for the first time in the series, but looking back I can see why people would say that. The map in DS1 is so inter-woven across the different areas, that any follow up had big shoes to fill. DS2 was a lot more linear in progress choice, but for a first time entry into the series I don't think that was a bad thing. The boss design in DS2 was also less than stellar, but the Scholar of the First Sin edition amps that up pretty well with some pretty great boss fights. DS3 combat speed was really amped up compared to the first 2, so I would probably save that one for last.

I would recommend starting with DS2:SotFS, then work into the others.

DS1 and DS3 are very similar while DS2 kind of does its own thing. If you wanns get ready for DS1 play DS3 its a much easier and inferior version of DS1 but still a great game. DS2 SOTFS is my favorite and probably overall the hardest. It also has the most fleshed out combat and best variety of magic weapons and armor.

I was late to the party myself and started with DST:SotFS on PS4, since then I have gone through DS3, Demon Souls and now going through DS1:R. DS2 is pretty widely agreed to be the weakest of the bunch. I really enjoyed it playing through for the first time in the series, but looking back I can see why people would say that. The map in DS1 is so inter-woven across the different areas, that any follow up had big shoes to fill. DS2 was a lot more linear in progress choice, but for a first time entry into the series I don't think that was a bad thing. The boss design in DS2 was also less than stellar, but the Scholar of the First Sin edition amps that up pretty well with some pretty great boss fights. DS3 combat speed was really amped up compared to the first 2, so I would probably save that one for last.

I would recommend starting with DS2:SotFS, then work into the others.

Thanks. And where would you put Bloodborne in all of this?

Last edited:
Thanks. And where would put Bloodborne in all of this?
Bloodborne is a Victorian/Steam Punk style Souls game heavily focused on high speed combat. I would say play it after the Dark Souls series. Personally im not a fan of Victorian/Steam Punk era things so i only ever played through it once, but it is an incredibly well made game and has a solid argument for best in the series just not my cup of tea.

Back