Dark Souls: Remastered

Thanks. And where would you put Bloodborne in all of this?

Same thought as iNoScopedJFK. Bloodborne is amped up speed wise with the combat system. I like using a shield in the DS games and tanking through stuff, where Bloodborne is all about speed. I thought it was fun, but I haven't played through it again yet where as DS2/DS3/DeSouls I've gone through several NG+ games cycles. I'm still on my first play through of DS1R, but will play through at least 1 cycle of NG+.

A lot of people really love BB, but it just didn't click with me as much as the DS games. It's not really the speed either, I would compare it to Nioh in the speed department and I played through Nioh several times. It was my first game in the Soulsborne genre, and I wasn't expecting the huge learning/difficulty spike. I should go back through and give it another go now that I've played through all the other games in the genre.

What a piece of shit fight Bed of Chaos is. I just wanted to hulk smash my controller every time I got knocked off the ledge.

On the bright side, doing the run back to the boss yielded me the Sunlight Maggot Mask and 20 demon titanite so not a total loss of time invested.

Doing my obligatory Soul Level 1 run at the moment. Beat O&S first try with it surprisingly.

Got everything wrapped up prior to heading into NG+. Down in the final area and Gwyn is fucking me up. I can regularly get him down to <50% and then I'll have a run where I barely hit him. I can dodge his attacks fairly well, but he's so fast moving from one attack cycle into the next that there is almost no time to heal in-between, that when I do dodge away and heal after the last attack, I'm eating the first attack of the next combo and my life is about where I was before I tried to heal. Or the first attack will stagger me enough that I get comboed and end up worse off or dead.

Once I get his tells down I'll be able to drop him pretty easily I think, my main problem is identifying which combo he's using. He switches between 2, 3, and 4 hit combos and most of my damage has been coming from miss reading his combo, attacking early, and eating the last hit. Then it starts a cycle of trying to create space and enough time to heal up which almost never ends well. I know he can be parried, but I suck so hard at parrying I'm not sure how successful I'll be at fishing for parries.

On the bright side I'm getting a ton of titanite chuncks from the Black Knights on the path to Gwyn.

Got everything wrapped up prior to heading into NG+. Down in the final area and Gwyn is fucking me up. I can regularly get him down to <50% and then I'll have a run where I barely hit him. I can dodge his attacks fairly well, but he's so fast moving from one attack cycle into the next that there is almost no time to heal in-between, that when I do dodge away and heal after the last attack, I'm eating the first attack of the next combo and my life is about where I was before I tried to heal. Or the first attack will stagger me enough that I get comboed and end up worse off or dead.

Once I get his tells down I'll be able to drop him pretty easily I think, my main problem is identifying which combo he's using. He switches between 2, 3, and 4 hit combos and most of my damage has been coming from miss reading his combo, attacking early, and eating the last hit. Then it starts a cycle of trying to create space and enough time to heal up which almost never ends well. I know he can be parried, but I suck so hard at parrying I'm not sure how successful I'll be at fishing for parries.

On the bright side I'm getting a ton of titanite chuncks from the Black Knights on the path to Gwyn.
Parry Gwyn, riposte with hornet ring for extra damage, fight is over in less than 1 minute flat.

I just killed him on my level 1 playthrough in roughly less than a minute. For being the Lord of Cinder he sure is weak to fire lol.

I was playing through the game with a new character and i got invaded in Sen's. I was waiting in the room with the ring of steel protection for him. He ran in and i bopped him with Gravelord Sword and then he messaged me talking shit so i decided to troll. Saying things like get rekt scrub and mad cuz bad lol. This dude was sending back the cringiest messages. Calling me a casual and saying i have no honor because i ambushed him. It was bad. Then he sent a pic of his inventory showing off like 99 Manus Souls, 99 humanity, etc. He sounded like some edgy teenager trying to sound cool flexing his gear to someone that just bopped him to boost his hurt ego. Me and my buddy were just laughing at him the whole time.

I was playing through the game with a new character and i got invaded in Sen's. I was waiting in the room with the ring of steel protection for him. He ran in and i bopped him with Gravelord Sword and then he messaged me talking shit so i decided to troll. Saying things like get rekt scrub and mad cuz bad lol. This dude was sending back the cringiest messages. Calling me a casual and saying i have no honor because i ambushed him. It was bad. Then he sent a pic of his inventory showing off like 99 Manus Souls, 99 humanity, etc. He sounded like some edgy teenager trying to sound cool flexing his gear to someone that just bopped him to boost his hurt ego. Me and my buddy were just laughing at him the whole time.
So he sent you a picture of his Cheat Engine inventory? Lol what a loser.

I want to get this but the back stab mania in PVP is turning me off. DS 2 and 3 did a much better job with PVP by not making back stabs so easy to do, especially 3.

I want to get this but the back stab mania in PVP is turning me off. DS 2 and 3 did a much better job with PVP by not making back stabs so easy to do, especially 3.
I used to avoid the PVP in this game for the same reason but there are some defences against it, like the counter BS, and you can learn to really punish people who aggressively fish for them. Backstabs are a big part of PVP though. There is no denying that.

Just got the last Lord Soul in NG+. going to upgrade a few weapons over the weekend and call it good after I beat the last boss. Time to move and clear out more of the back log.

I did get my first hate mail this morning which I thought was funny. I suck at the pvp and never go looking for it, but always always get invaded when kindling bonfires. I started getting pretty over leveled and switched up my set from fast attacking to a little heavier with Havel's shield and demon spear. Guy invaded ne and took him out going full turtle. Had a good laugh when he sent me a message that just said "Newb".

Last edited:
Just got the last Lord Soul in NG+. going to upgrade a few weapons over the weekend and call it good after I beat the last boss. Time to move and clear out more of the back log.

I did get my first hate mail this morning which I thought was funny. I suck at the pvp and never go looking for it, but always always get invaded when kindling bonfires. I started getting pretty over leveled and switched up my set from fast attacking to a little heavier with Havel's shield and demon spear. Guy invaded ne and took him out going full turtle. Had a good laugh when he sent me a message that just said "Newb".
I invaded a dude in the Sanctuary Garden and killed him as he went down the elevator to Artorious. He messaged me calling me gay then asked me to help him beat Artorious lol.

I invaded a dude in the Sanctuary Garden and killed him as he went down the elevator to Artorious. He messaged me calling me gay then asked me to help him beat Artorious lol.
I love invading there. Probably my favourite spot. There don't seem to be as many gankers, you have two bosses available on each invasion and it's a fun area to chase and fight in.

I completely forgot I preordered this beast months ago but so glad I did. Got it last week finally.

7bpIbiO_d.jpg

It’s a Dark Souls encyclopedia that covers the entire trilogy. It has everything from story outlines, to maps of every area, enemies, bosses, weapons, items. It’s overwhelming how much information it has.

I completely forgot I preordered this beast months ago but so glad I did. Got it last week finally.

7bpIbiO_d.jpg

It’s a Dark Souls encyclopedia that covers the entire trilogy. It has everything from story outlines, to maps of every area, enemies, bosses, weapons, items. It’s overwhelming how much information it has.

That’s cool. How much was that?

Just bought it cheap, I'm a veteran of 3 but never touched any other Soulsbourne.

Just bought it cheap, I'm a veteran of 3 but never touched any other Soulsbourne.
Oh man, whenever you choose to delve in, savour them. Play Bloodborne, play DS1, play Sekiro etc.

7bpIbiO_d.jpg

Very nice. So does Vaati get anything right or is he completely full of shit?

Back