Dark Souls: Remastered

I think the real story is

Missed out on the pre-orders. Pretty salty about that.
My brother told me he got one of the last of the preorders. No worries. GameStop has had amiibo exclusives before and people still sell them on eBay for no more than twice the price - and that's the rare ones. In the situation GameStop is in, they can't afford to not have solaires aplenty.

Not me. Gwyn was a nightmare until I learned how to parry properly. Then he became a joke and I don't think Miyazaki ever liked that fact so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some revenge somehow.

The mechanics thing is hard to explain but it feels like there are more startup frames in DS3. Even your iframes during a roll are closer to the middle than the beginning so you have to roll earlier in the new engine.
I could always beat Gwyn pretty much with button mashing.

I could always beat Gwyn pretty much with button mashing.
Couldn’t beat Gwynn till I learned to parry. I was using a heavy weapon and he was just too fast and hit too hard. Dark Souls 1 is the only game I didn’t break a disk or controller playing.

I think the real story is

I would buy that amibo wvwn though I'll never own a Nintendo machine ever again.

Server activity is what keeps souls fresh. I am looking forward to invading noobs once again. Joyous..

I'm so clueless as to what an amibo is. I own a switch but have no idea lol.

I hope the game is popular enough that there's plenty of jolly cooperation and invasions

Dark+souls+comp+11_6a9b04_5954852.gif

Happy Souls is the best, I hope they make another.

I'm so clueless as to what an amibo is. I own a switch but have no idea lol.
A plastic dolly that you can connect to your console, like with Skylanders and Lego Dimensions. You get some sort of in-game item for doing so, ranging from consumables to full-on expansions, depending on the figure/set.

So I guess it is just a simple graphical remaster with dedicated servers for online play and maybe fixed glitches. I'm still curious about how the mechanics will work in the new engine though.

Very glad for this. Came to the series incredibly late, and only got a small taste of the MP in 3, which is so insanely fun. Hopefully it all comes together.

Very glad for this. Came to the series incredibly late, and only got a small taste of the MP in 3, which is so insanely fun. Hopefully it all comes together.
Dont worry, you'll enjoy getting backstabbed by a dude who teleports behind your back in an instant.

Dont worry, you'll enjoy getting backstabbed by a dude who teleports behind your back in an instant.
Lagstabs might be less of a problem with dedicated servers instead of p2p but the BS mechanic itself will probably still be fairly easy to land. I wonder if they'll fix toggle switching, duping and all the other glitches.

So I guess it is just a simple graphical remaster with dedicated servers for online play and maybe fixed glitches. I'm still curious about how the mechanics will work in the new engine though.
Yeah it’s not nearly as big of a remaster as I thought which is disappointing.

Still, I’m looking forward to seeing the community revitalized again.

Can someone give me a tl;dr on the differences between DS and Bloodborne? My first souls game and I’m pumped.

Can someone give me a tl;dr on the differences between DS and Bloodborne? My first souls game and I’m pumped.

• Slower gameplay
  • No recovery window
  • Larger selection of weapons, armor, and spells
  • More build variety
  • More NPCs and Sidequests
  • The world is more varied in DS1, masterfully intertwined
  • Stronger PVP community in its heydey
  • More variety in NG+ vs Chalice Dungeons of BB

They are both phenomenal. My list makes it seems like DS is a better game...which maybe it is but BB's gameplay is probably unmatched in terms of just enjoyment.

Back