Darko Stosic, Mirko Cro Cop's protégé, makes his debut at UFC Hamburg

executionermma

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Serbian prospect Darko Stosic (12-1 MMA) will be making his UFC debut at UFC Hamburg, in July 22. His opponent will be Jeremy Kimball (15-7 MMA, 1-2 UFC).

c9e54cf41a2c20dd4f54742e6804079f.png

Darko Stosic is a former heavyweight who will be dropping to LHW, he's a 26 years old striker with good/average TDD and very heavy low kicks, Cro Cop style (makes sense, since they have been training together for a long time).
Stosic has some good wins like against dutch journeyman Dion Staring, bulgarian SHW Emil Zahariev and russian prospect Rizvan Kuniev. His only loss was against Jiri Prochazka (20-3 MMA), one of the best 3 LHWs outside UFC/Bellator.
Stosic's low kicks are just astonishing and he has good power, solid hands.
One of his coaches is Stipe Drviš, a former boxing world champion.

Kimball is a brawler with shit defense, so that should be a good showcase of his killer instinct.

7b537761a87bf9bf41d098df547e1210.png

b62048b9053a5670129996e1065284c9.png

Rest of the card so far, including some not confirmed rumors:

348005edf47ade12ba29b71613838274.png

Aleksander Rakic, Darko Stosic, Justin Ledet and Abdul-Kerim Edilov are all young and somewhat promising light heavyweights, so this card seems to be 205-focused.
If i had to guess, Glover Teixeira vs. Ilir Latifi or Jan Blachowicz will be the main event.

Last edited:
What happened to Cro Cop's first protege, Mariusz Zaromskis?

Donc, j'espère il sera protégé de USADA

Then I hope he will be protected from USADA.

It works better in french cause protégé means protected. French is not my first language so I hope I didn't butcher it.

Donc, j'espère il sera protégé de USADA

Then I hope he will be protected from USADA.

It works better in french cause protégé means protected. Or maybe not. French is not my first language so I hope I didn't butcher it.
The fact that he dropped from HW to LHW probably means he got off the juice in these past 4 months, when he got signed with UFC i thought the same and even made a tweet about it:

Now he lost some muscle/size, hopefully power still there.

Recent photos
3aaab8eff4cb9cd120301f35e5a954cb.png

c22b0aa46f29cffaaf7208eca8ead02f.png

What happened to Cro Cop's first protege, Mariusz Zaromskis?

Don't remember Zaromskis ever being Crocops protege.

He trained out of London shootfighters and before that in Lithuania

Use to be one of my favorite fighters. He ran through everyone at that dream tourney with headkicks. He fights like a Tekken character

Last edited:
He looks like a smaller version of crocop, probably drank the same "water" as crocop did.

He looks like a smaller version of crocop, probably drank the same "water" as crocop did.
probably, but that shouldn't be a problem, i follow him and now he appears to be juice-free, hence he's dropping to 205 as Cro Cop probably would've if he was always clean

Serbian prospect Darko Stosic (12-1 MMA) will be making his UFC debut at UFC Hamburg, in July 22. His opponent will be Jeremy Kimball (15-7 MMA, 1-2 UFC).

Cro

c9e54cf41a2c20dd4f54742e6804079f.png

Darko Stosic is a former heavyweight who will be dropping to LHW, he's a 26 years old striker with good/average TDD and very heavy low kicks, Cro Cop style (makes sense, since they have been training together for a long time).
Stosic has some good wins like against dutch journeyman Dion Staring, bulgarian SHW Emil Zahariev and russian prospect Rizvan Kuniev. His only loss was against Jiri Prochazka (20-3 MMA), one of the best 3 LHWs outside UFC/Bellator.
Stosic's low kicks are just astonishing and he has good power, solid hands.
One of his coaches is Stipe Drviš, a former boxing world champion.

Kimball is a brawler with shit defense, so that should be a good showcase of his killer instinct.

7b537761a87bf9bf41d098df547e1210.png

b62048b9053a5670129996e1065284c9.png

Rest of the card so far, including some not confirmed rumors:

348005edf47ade12ba29b71613838274.png

Aleksander Rakic, Darko Stosic, Justin Ledet and Abdul-Kerim Edilov are all young and somewhat promising light heavyweights, so this card seems to be 205-focused.
If i had to guess, Glover Teixeira vs. Ilir Latifi or Jan Blachowicz will be the main event.

Cro Cop looks clean, LOL.

probably, but that shouldn't be a problem, i follow him and now he appears to be juice-free, hence he's dropping to 205 as Cro Cop probably would've if he was always clean

Let's just hope he doesn't snitch on himself but come out negative on the tests anyway. lol

has power but has some holes he needs to work on, looks like he doesn't set anything up, just goes for the kill shot

has power but has some holes he needs to work on, looks like he doesn't set anything up, just goes for the kill shot
Yeah i thought the same, his hands needs some work, but he has a good coach and should be able to improve in that aspect. I think it was more a case of him being able to get away with this, so there was no need to really get better, now in UFC, the level will be different..

That last punch on the feet by Nick was right on the button.

You better hope he doesn’t turn out like Darko Milicic who got picked #2 over Wade and Melo..

Back