Darren Till Guarantees He's a Future UFC Champ, says Donald Cerrone's Muay Thai is 'Amateur'

I got Till on this one... Cerrone is a great gatekeeper, but I think Till is destined for big things.

Till is a first round monster gasses in later rounds that only guarantees a loss on your record.
Cerrone is beatable at this stage of his career so wouldnt be suprised if his catches Cerrone with something big.

Till is a first round monster gasses in later rounds that only guarantees a loss on your record.
Cerrone is beatable at this stage of his career so wouldnt be suprised if his catches Cerrone with something big.
Thought he looked pretty decent in the third in his last fight, but you would wonder if he can hold a pace needed to beat Cerrone for three rounds.

Reminds me of when the undefeated Myles Jury claimed he was better than Cerrone everywhere only to prove the exact opposite was true. Till is a beast on the feet though, can't deny that.

I follow muay thai and I have never heard of this guy.

I genuinely don't know why you would want to upset a striker as strong as Cowboy.

Like dude... did you see what happened to Rick Story?

I genuinely don't know why you would want to upset a striker as strong as Cowboy.
Why u wanna upset Cowboy? Because an emotional and gotten to Cowboy Jabroni is always gettin lit up.

Like dude... did you see what happened to Rick Story?
To be fair, they're fighters. I don't think they care if they upset each other.

I heard that Edson Barboza's muay thai is pretty okay, and Cerrone finished him<BronTroll1>

Both of their Muay Thai is amateur. The only high level muay thai is in Lumpinee and in Thailand/Laos. Both would get crushed in Muay Thai. They are both like MMA strikers pretending to be in a K1 match. There is a massive difference between clinch striking in Muay Thai and in MMA. They are both just above average MMA kickboxers.

Both of their Muay Thai is amateur. The only high level muay thai is in Lumpinee and in Thailand/Laos. Both would get crushed in Muay Thai. They are both like MMA strikers pretending to be in a K1 match. There is a massive difference between clinch striking in Muay Thai and in MMA. They are both just above average MMA kickboxers.

There is more truth to that than I'd like to admit.
Although I would consider Cerrone's Muay Thai better than Till's, at least. Simply by experience - Cerrone has seen it all.

There is more truth to that than I'd like to admit.
Although I would consider Cerrone's Muay Thai better than Till's, at least. Simply by experience - Cerrone has seen it all.
Yeah he has been taking it all*, Cerrone don't fight back before second round, i won't be surprised if Till runs through him.

if cerrone is just above average MMA kickboxer, who is great in MMA?

if cerrone is just above average MMA kickboxer, who is great in MMA?
Gokhan Saki, IMO. MMA striking shouldn't be treated like how it's treated right now. I reckon a decent MMA striker can finish Saki in MMA. In straight up KB, there's no way, but in MMA it's so chaotic and there's no many things you need to worry about your striking must be tuned to that chaos.

he mentioned he stayed in Brazil for a year or so, so maybe he has decent ground game also, we will see.

PS Cerrone by armbar
A year?

He's been living there for about five years, speaks fluent Portuguese with a scouse accent

Edit: ah he's just moved back to Liverpool recently. Basically he was an mtlt fighter and did all of his MMA training so far in Brazil. He's now back with his original coach

Back