Darren Till is going to get wrecked at middleweight

Hopefully he has a lot more energy and power at 185, we won’t know until we see the results.

Whittaker moved up to MW and killed because of his speed edge; if Till can up his output considerably and maintain a pace he could be top 10.

But yeah don’t see him becoming champion - give him the winner of Brunson/Adesanya for his debut and I’d be excited to see that!

I thought Kelvin would get smashed at Middleweight as well. I also thought Whittaker would get destroyed at Middleweight. We saw how that turned out for both of them. I think he'll do great.
Except those two have actual skills, Till is hype job

The Wonderboy fight was like watching paint dry but his defence and ability to drop him was somewhat impressive. His only loss is to Woodley who is a beast so I wouldn’t write him off yet. There’s a lot of question marks around him though but he’s still young in his career. He has a huge head and did well to not get outright flatlined by that flush counter from Woodley so he can probably eat MW power shots without much problem so I give him a chance.

They just need to take their time with him up there. Do Till vs Tavares for to start with. Till is still very young and has a lot room for development.

We've seen Whittaker & Kelvin move up with tremendous success, I could see Till doing the same but it will be another 2 years or more before he is top 5. Tom Breese is another guy I expect to make a top 10 run at 185 after moving up from 170.

Last edited:
Till won't have to cut weight. That's a massive advantage he'll have compared to his previous fights. I'm a big fan of fighters fighting at their more natural walking around weight. Weight cutting is so dangerous and fighters honestly look better and more energetic on fight day.

I'd bet on Till against everyone except Gastelum, Whittaker, and Romero. Against those three I give him even odds.

i think you guys are wrong.

Till was on the to heavy side of the weight cut.

Where basically his whole camp is about a brutal cut he has to start immediately basically with diet and cardio. Now he will be focused totally on skills and he can actually hit the gym and add some muscle back. He will be happier and in a better frame of mind.

i think he will do just fine. but he will have to keep growing as a martial artist cause he needs a better ground game for sure.

i mean wtf he lived in Brazil for so many years i cant believe he didnt grapple that much. and if he didnt he deserves to get exposed.

Darren till is a scrub. been saying it since day 1. Coddled like Conor (e.g. no wrestlers) in fact he'd get wrecked at WW if he had to pay his dues like everyone else let alone MW.

Put him up against Usman or Colby at any weight he loses.

How will he not have power? The cut might have drained power from him and being at 185 could end up benefitting him in the long run

Like Rumble moving up, or more recently Anthony Smith can’t take the shots at 185 goes to 205 and he’s killing fools albeit old washed fools but still

All those fights at 185 are and will be tough but don’t write the kid off over weight, he shoulda been at 185 3 fights ago

Back