Darren Till vs. Stephen Thompson Set For UFC Fight Night Liverpool Main Event

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Great fight but terrible matchmaking by UFC imo.

You are rushing Till into this fight when you dont need to. He could have fought Edwards or Nelson in more of a showcase fight in LIverpool. Why bump him into fight with number 2 WW in the world? You are setting yourself up to see a potential star lose in his hometown.

There was no need to rush this kid yet, one or two more wins and then a Wonderboy fight would have made sense.

It is probably better than getting Usman cause atleast Till has a chance since it will be a stand up fight. Not that he couldnt beat Usman but n that matchup better chance he gets taken down and its boring.

Still think Nelson was the perfect fight to make, top 15 guy, has some striking and great ground game but is someone Till should outclass and win. respectable win, instead they are going right to the top.

Its risk/reward for Till, he either wins and the hype is off the charts and its title shot time or he loses and it will be he was rushed and you knocked off a possible UK star when you didnt have to.

I'm going with :

header.jpg

^forwarded to Reebok, for WB's possible fight night shirt design

Good match-up. We will find out if Till is a contender... 170 is legit. Someone will make a Woodley fight exciting.

Oh My Gawd.. blown away. Will probably be a stalemate then..

Great fight but terrible matchmaking by UFC imo.

You are rushing Till into this fight when you dont need to. He could have fought Edwards or Nelson in more of a showcase fight in LIverpool. Why bump him into fight with number 2 WW in the world? You are setting yourself up to see a potential star lose in his hometown.

There was no need to rush this kid yet, one or two more wins and then a Wonderboy fight would have made sense.

Agreed, matching Till now with Thompson is a big risk. But if he pulls it off .... BIG reward, he'd be on the brink of a title shot.

But a loss, and you knock off one contender, and a guy who's already fought 2x for the title remains in contention.

Dayummm, great matchmaking, going with WB

That's funny,that was the first thing that came to mind...Damn!This is an interesting one.Wonderboy's odds go up in a 5 round fight imo.This could end up being a very slow fight.Till has been in some semi snoozers too.It'll be real tense though,that helps keep it more exciting when you're hanging on every shot ala Couture vs Sylvia or something.

Till to kill the Karate school teacher who wants to be a mma fighter. WB don't handle athletic fighters who move as well as he does. Till too young, too strong....

Finally WME is starting to put on fights fans want to see.

This, Volkan x Shogun, and Jimmie Rivera x Marlon Moraes are some sick matchups.

Could be interesting but they're really throwing Till in against the top. Could be too soon

DAmn... I think Wondergrownassman takes this fight but I will be rooting for Till HARD

Yeah beating flat footed Cerrone sure did let us know Till moves just as good as Wonderboy......

And I would expect WB to beat Cerrone too... Still don't counter my point that WB don't fair that well against fast moving power; he gonna GKTFO...

Ooooooh damn!! I’m going with new blood. Darren Till by decision.

Back