Darren Till: "Wonderboy thinks I'm in over my head? I don't care!" [Full BT Sport Interview]

Shercatter

A real cool cat!
@Blue
Reaction score

I really like Darren Till and I do believe he has a lot of potential, however I also think Wonderboy may be too much too soon. But he keeps repeating that he doesn't care that Wonderboy doesn't rate him as if he does care. Genuinely seems like Stephen Thompson has pissed Till off a bit, amusing. Methinks this Liverpudlian doth protest too much!

giphy.gif

Wonderboy has rattled the Till, but will he take the money?

Last edited:
This guy seems gotten to.

Did Till expect Thompson to be throwing out compliments towards him?

He seems slightly irked by Thompson saying he wasn’t impressed by his skill set.

Really looking forward to this fight. This is a huge test for Till and I wanna see what this guy is made of.

Did Till expect Thompson to be throwing out compliments towards him?

He seems slightly irked by Thompson saying he wasn’t impressed by his skill set.

Really looking forward to this fight. This is a huge test for Till and I wanna see what this guy is made of.

wasn't on the bandwagon before the Cerrone fight, still not 100% sold on him, but, if he gets a finish in this fight, he probably should just be fast tracked to a title shot.

I find the guy interesting and if I could understand what he was saying it would be awesome

Wonderboy is 35 and he is fucked.

He is being sacrificed.

homie gon get smoked by wonderboy
HA! Not even fucking clooooooose! 10 seconds flat, 10 out of 10 times doth Till send WB to the shadow realm.

It's gonna be bad, the kind of shit that makes you consider not watching mma for a few months. Till KO rd 1.

HA! Not even fucking clooooooose! 10 seconds flat, 10 out of 10 times doth Till send WB to the shadow realm.

It's gonna be bad, the kind of shit that makes you consider not watching mma for a few months. Till KO rd 1.

Account bet?

Thompson is so hard to hit that he's not even fun to watch.

I really like Darren Till
he does look to have holes that the far more technical WB could exploit.

can DT lay his heavy left (or nasty elbows) on Wonderboy's chin?

Wonderboy is overrated as f*k he's still not a real deal mma fighter he's a karate school teacher kick boxer trying to be a mma fighter. He's no wonder to me Matt Brown bullied him, Tyron bullied him and Till can bully him. WB is fancy point fighter punch him hard in his face and his whole karate act cinches up.

WB does good against slow footed fighters and guys who allow him space, don't give him those two views he becomes confused because he really don't know how to fight, karate/kick box yes! Fight in the pocket, against the cage, off his back not so much. Till for the brutal kill...

Last edited:
Wonderboy is overrated as f*k he's still not a real deal mma fighter he's a karate school teacher kick boxer trying to be a mma fighter. He's no wonder to me Matt Brown bullied him, Tyron bullied him and Till can bully him. WB is fancy point fighter punch him hard in his face and his whole karate act cinches up.

WB does good against slow footed fighters and guys who allow him space, don't give him those two views he becomes confused because he really don't know how to fight, karate/kick box yes! Fight in the pocket, against the cage, off his back not so much. Till for the brutal kill...

What an idiotic post. His record is perfect in the last 5 years except against Woodley.\

Win 14–2–1 Jorge Masvidal Decision (unanimous) UFC 217 November 4, 2017 3 5:00 New York City, New York, United States
Loss 13–2–1 Tyron Woodley Decision (majority) UFC 209 March 4, 2017 5 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States For the UFC Welterweight Championship.
Draw 13–1–1 Tyron Woodley Draw (majority) UFC 205 November 12, 2016 5 5:00 New York City, New York, United States For the UFC Welterweight Championship. Fight of the Night.
Win 13–1 Rory MacDonald Decision (unanimous) UFC Fight Night: MacDonald vs. Thompson June 18, 2016 5 5:00 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Win 12–1 Johny Hendricks TKO (punches) UFC Fight Night: Hendricks vs. Thompson February 6, 2016 1 3:31 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Performance of the Night.
Win 11–1 Jake Ellenberger KO (spinning hook kick) The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians Finale July 12, 2015 1 4:29 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Performance of the Night.
Win 10–1 Patrick Côté Decision (unanimous) UFC 178 September 27, 2014 3 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Win 9–1 Robert Whittaker

Yeah overrated as fuck!!

What an idiotic post. His record is perfect in the last 5 years except against Woodley.\

Win 14–2–1 Jorge Masvidal Decision (unanimous) UFC 217 November 4, 2017 3 5:00 New York City, New York, United States
Loss 13–2–1 Tyron Woodley Decision (majority) UFC 209 March 4, 2017 5 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States For the UFC Welterweight Championship.
Draw 13–1–1 Tyron Woodley Draw (majority) UFC 205 November 12, 2016 5 5:00 New York City, New York, United States For the UFC Welterweight Championship. Fight of the Night.
Win 13–1 Rory MacDonald Decision (unanimous) UFC Fight Night: MacDonald vs. Thompson June 18, 2016 5 5:00 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Win 12–1 Johny Hendricks TKO (punches) UFC Fight Night: Hendricks vs. Thompson February 6, 2016 1 3:31 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Performance of the Night.
Win 11–1 Jake Ellenberger KO (spinning hook kick) The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians Finale July 12, 2015 1 4:29 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Performance of the Night.
Win 10–1 Patrick Côté Decision (unanimous) UFC 178 September 27, 2014 3 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Win 9–1 Robert Whittaker

Yeah overrated as fuck!!

Look at you working for me, he's overrated
RQXwd_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
you need more figures girlfriend

Win 9–1 Robert Whittaker

Yeah overrated as fuck!!

giphy.gif

I understand the hype around Till and he certainly is an exciting prospect, but how is Wonderboy overrated? Maybe he should aim for a higher finishing rate with his style. However his overall record is highly impressive and he has fought some top tier Welterweights. There is a good argument that he would be wearing the belt if Woodly weren't around. I don't see why you can't be fans of both or why Wonderboy has to be a can because you like Darren...

Back