Darren Till's profile pic on Sherdog

20140725071208_IMG_8394.JPG

<{clintugh}>

Apparently McGregor cut from 172 lbs against Mendes (Pre-IV Ban).
Both Aldo and Ortega cut from 164 lbs (Post-IV Ban).
With all of Holloway's recent health problems and his attempt to cut weight on short notice, finding his cage weight online is too much to sift through.

So no, McGregor was far heavier than today's Featherweights.

Apples and oranges, sir.

Never forget. One of the worst, if not THE worst cuts we've seen in the UFC. Say what you will about Conor, but he has exceptional will.

One does not simply fight midgets as a manlet...without a suicide level weight cut.

The person I was replying to is the one who made the comparison in the first place, and yet you liked his post <Lmaoo>.

P9bbIvX.jpg

I think you're a little confused. The apples and oranges relate to you using pre and post IV ban numbers...It's a little disingenuous. Although reading your reply you may just be an idiot.

I liked the other guys comment because he's right, Conor isn't and wasn't the only big fw.

I hate having to defend Conor so often because he's a genuine doughnut outside the cage but you "Conor Haters" dont half talk some shit.

I think you're a little confused. The apples and oranges relate to you using pre and post IV ban numbers...It's a little disingenuous. Although reading your reply you may just be an idiot.

I liked the other guys comment because he's right, Conor isn't and wasn't the only big fw.

I hate having to defend Conor so often because he's a genuine doughnut outside the cage but you "Conor Haters" dont half talk some shit.
He literally said that McGregor was no bigger than today's Featherweights, and today's Featherweights are post-IV ban. The irony of you calling me the confused one in this discussion...

He literally said that McGregor was no bigger than today's Featherweights, and today's Featherweights are post-IV ban. The irony of you calling me the confused one in this discussion...

No I still think you're confused. I see the point you are trying to make now but it still doesn't make your comment any less disingenuous. Conor fought Aldo after the IV ban was implemented (im pretty sure), why not use that figure? That would still have been comparing FW Conor to "today's featherweights"

If he took the title (or even fought) after the IV ban then his pre ban stats have literally zero bearing on the conversation unless Conor was the only one allowed to use an IV. Do you get me?

No I still think you're confused. I see the point you are trying to make now but it still doesn't make your comment any less disingenuous. Conor fought Aldo after the IV ban was implemented (im pretty sure), why not use that figure? That would still have been comparing FW Conor to "today's featherweights"

If he took the title (or even fought) after the IV ban then his pre ban stats have literally zero bearing on the conversation unless Conor was the only one allowed to use an IV. Do you get me?
You speak as if everyone's cage weight for every specific fight is public record. We know that he cut from 172 lbs against Mendes (Pre-IV ban) and that he weighed 168 lbs for both Diaz fights (Post-IV ban), and both numbers are bigger than today's Featherweights. What's hilarious is that one of the excuses McGregor gave for why he lost at UFC 196 is because of his weight, yet he weighed the exact same in the rematch <45>.

And McGregor is on the record that the IV ban didn't affect him:

"I have rehydrated without the IV many times, so it will just be a little different in the preparation, in the lead up," McGregor said. "It won't affect me. Like I said, a professional inside and outside." - McGregor, Jul 2015.

You speak as if everyone's cage weight for every specific fight is public record. We know that he cut from 172 lbs against Mendes (Pre-IV ban) and that he weighed 168 lbs for both Diaz fights (Post-IV ban), and both numbers are bigger than today's Featherweights. What's hilarious is that one of the excuses McGregor gave for why he lost at UFC 196 is because of his weight, yet he weighed the exact same in the rematch <45>.

And McGregor is on the record that the IV ban didn't affect him:

"I have rehydrated without the IV many times, so it will just be a little different in the preparation, in the lead up," McGregor said. "It won't affect me. Like I said, a professional inside and outside." - McGregor, Jul 2015.

I get you, but if you don't know you can't guess. If I say it's apples and oranges you can't say it isn't because you don't have the exact numbers. If Conor was still cutting to FW these days, he would start his cut from roughly the same place as the guys who were mentioned.

The rest of the things you're talking about here all come under the umbrella of Conor runs his mouth too much and talks a whole heap of shit, iz normal.

Professional coward.

A man who knew he couldn't get through the LW roster to get a shot so starved himself to get down to 145 - what kind of fighter is that

Shut the fuck up, 90% of ALL pro fighters fight in a division at least one weight class below what they should be at. Go ahead, name a couple of your favorite fighters. Khabib? He should be fighting at 170 and you know it, bitch

Sherdog still fuelled by weight cutting and made up statements of fact

I love this place

Back