Darren Till's profile pic on Sherdog

How to be the ufc champion : eye poke massive weight cut and gods plan. And a sprinkle of drugs and a dash of criminality

Better than this fucking skeleton...

481083762-paddy-holohan-of-ireland-steps-on-the-scale-gettyimages.jpg
046337CB-466D-40EB-A327-29EFC60A8170.jpeg

Frankie’s about the only guy to be a champion in the modern era without having to cut at all. Exception being HW’s obviously

I like profile pics where guys look like they’re about to cry:

images

20090717071126_kleberkoike.JPG

Professional coward.

A man who knew he couldn't get through the LW roster to get a shot so starved himself to get down to 145 - what kind of fighter is that

Well he starched one of the best LW's and is about to take on a supposed horrible match-up that all you detractors said he would never ever do at LW.

Professional coward.

A man who knew he couldn't get through the LW roster to get a shot so starved himself to get down to 145 - what kind of fighter is that
Hahah professional coward. We've got a true warrior here.

No he absolutely did not.

Go look at Conor in the Nate Diaz weigh in when he weighed 168lb and then compare it to his bodyshape in the Aldo fight.

And then once you've realised your error, you can stop trying to act like a smart ass
You're giving him too much credit. Dummies don't act like anything, they are it.

Professional coward.

Ehmmm.....you realize that the majority of Conor's fights were always contested at FW, right? It's not like he just dropped to festherweight when the UFC called. Plus, at that time, Aldo was considered to be a harder fight than Bendo and the LW elite, and beating Aldo at 145 was considered the hardest thing to do in all MMA.

I get you, but if you don't know you can't guess. If I say it's apples and oranges you can't say it isn't because you don't have the exact numbers. If Conor was still cutting to FW these days, he would start his cut from roughly the same place as the guys who were mentioned.
Congratulations on contradicting yourself in a single post ;).

Congratulations on contradicting yourself in a single post ;).

In what way? Is it not a logical assumption that a big FW would be cutting from a similar place to another big FW?

In what way? Is it not a logical assumption that a big FW would be cutting from a similar place to another big FW?
You're guessing, and not only that, but you're guessing with an obvious misunderstanding of just how wide the gap can be in weight cuts from fighter to fighter. Both Ortega and Aldo have 11.58% weight cuts at Featherweight, which doesn't even break the top ten weight cuts of today; meanwhile, McGregor's pre-IV ban weight cut at Featherweight is the second highest weight cut in UFC history (15.7%).

You criticized me for not knowing McGregor's weight cut for UFC 194 (his only post-IV ban Featherweight fight), then you guessed that McGregor cut the same amount of weight as Ortega and Aldo, despite also not knowing McGregor's weight cut for UFC 194. You contradicted yourself by saying:
if you don't know you can't guess.
At least with my "guess" it was based off the fact that McGregor was 172 lbs for UFC 189 and 168 lbs for UFC 186 & UFC 202, you on the other hand have no evidence whatsoever <Lmaoo>.

Back