Darren Till's profile pic on Sherdog

If the UFC really cares as much about fighters as they claim to, they will start testing hydration levels regularly and not allow fighters to dip below certain thresholds. Weight cutting is likely FAR more dangerous than PEDs, although the public view is quite a bit different.

JOJP_anthony_johnson.jpg

Crazy dude weighs near to 100+ lbs more currently, and hulked out version still somewhat relatively lean

Never forget. One of the worst, if not THE worst cuts we've seen in the UFC. Say what you will about Conor, but he has exceptional will.

This is the conor i used to love the hungry young lion with exceptional will, before money and fame.

Yeah it's insane. He looks like a different person. I remember that interview very vividly because of how drained he looked. I though for sure he would not make it or collapse or something.

Here's another, remember when Faber tussled with concentration camp Conor backstage? Check the interview afterwards as well:

That was for the Mendes fight I believe. Conor had some of the most BRUTAL weight cuts at 145lbs. He might even look worse here.

fucking hell i don't remember him looking that bad at the time, you gotta respect a man with such insane will power to make weight like that, but you also gotta admit, nobody else in the division was doing the same he had a massive weight advantage.

fucking hell i don't remember him looking that bad at the time, you gotta respect a man with such insane will power to make weight like that, but you also gotta admit, nobody else in the division was doing the same he had a massive weight advantage.
Yeah I don't like weightcutting to gain an unfair advantage as a general rule, but there's something to be admired about how Conor did it. Never missed weight, never didn't show up, never complained, never lost confidence and his cuts were some of the most brutal in the sport. Like him or not, he is special,

Back