Data Shows Racial Bias in Miami-Dade, Florida Marijuana Arrests

Black youth emulate those rappers. They are their role models. They try to look and act just like them. There's no way that doesn't have a huge effect on getting arrested for minor crimes. It's just so obvious. Who's getting arrested -- the guy smoking a bong in his room or the guy smoking a blunt in his car blasting loud rap music? Who's going to mouth off to authority figures more -- the guy with a 67% chance of being raised without a father (or mother) or the other guy? How can you not see that?
Exactly how do you know that? Blacks youth emulate rappers? Do or anybody honestly believe that blacks listening to rap music has an effect on drug arrest rates, especially when you consider that whites are more likely to buy rap music but are still less likely to be targeted for arrest for drug offenses? Rap music has only been around since the late 1970's and gangsta rap has only been around since the 80's and blacks have been unfairly targeted by the war on drugs decades before.

Exactly how do you know that? Blacks youth emulate rappers? Do or anybody honestly believe that blacks listening to rap music has an effect on drug arrest rates, especially when you consider that whites are more likely to buy rap music but are still less likely to be targeted for arrest for drug offenses? Rap music has only been around since the late 1970's and gangsta rap has only been around since the 80's and blacks have been unfairly targeted by the war on drugs decades before.
There's a culture that produced rap music and that culture has been around for a long time. White kids that listen to rap music generally don't act like rappers. Go to a black high school and it will be full of kids that dress like and act like their favorite rappers. The truth is in the middle. It's a combination of, since I'm not ideological I agree with you on this first part, disproportionate policing and African American behavior.

Music is made by drug users. So, look at the music to see what the drug users are like.

White drug users sang about world peace. Black drug users sing about gangs, murder, and rape.

I also think the family unit has something to do with this. Someone that was never forced by their father to respect authority is not going to act respectfully to an authority figure like a police officer. If you're a dick to an officer, you're getting in trouble. 67% of African Americans are raised in single parent households.

Anyways, they're different drug cultures and to deny that it can have anything to do with arrest rates makes you seem ideological and not rational.

Last edited:
There's a culture that produced rap music and that culture has been around for a long time. White kids that listen to rap music generally don't act like rappers. Go to a black high school and it will be full of kids that dress like and act like their favorite rappers. The truth is in the middle. It's a combination of disproportionate policing and African American behavior. That you can't admit a culture of people that produced rap music has anything to do with this makes you seem devoted to an ideology and not rational.
Sorry but American drug culture existed way before rap music and the gangsta rap you are talking about. Besides the whole image of the hippies were just a bunch of peaceful weed heads???? What complete twisting of history told you that Bullsh*t?

Last edited:
What are the stats for things other than pain meds though? Pain meds have obvious external explanations because of their potential for abuse and potential legal issues for doctors.
See, this is the B.S. It don't have that potential for white people? I think we all can see how that turned out(the only plus of thinking black people don't feel pain).

I don't. Getting worked up over Halloween costumes is stupid.
So you're ok with people dressing up as murdered Black children?

So you're ok with people dressing up as murdered Black children?

No man, I'm gonna curl up in a ball and suck my thumb over it. Because you know, it's just so important that we crack down on irreverent humor. That'll surely make black people more popular with the rest of us. <end sarcasm> :D

If it's a lie, then prove it's a lie. There's a mountain of evidence that shows that blacks are disproportionately targeted and prosecuted for drug crimes relative to their rate of drug possession. Also, define significantly more. You can start by showing a valid source.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-war-drugs-war-black-americans

Unlike you I actually know wtf I am talking about. Even in your link, blacks are 18% more likely to self report the use of drugs.

Random samplings of hair and blood for blacks and whites however produce far greater differences. In some cases, for the use of some drugs such as cocaine and crack the difference is literally 10x.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1093/jurban/jti065

A study that showed that blacks were 20x as likely to lie about cocaine and crack use as whites.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495080/

Your self reporting bullshit study has been disproven dozens of times. Social justice warriors being the dishonest pieces of shit that they are keep dragging it out like its some kind of holy grail since they have nothing else.

The discrimination against blacks in the War on drugs is at every level, from arrests and extends to convictions and sentencing.

See, this is the B.S. It don't have that potential for white people? I think we all can see how that turned out(the only plus of thinking black people don't feel pain).
A doctor makes straight As in high school, gets a 1600 on the SAT, makes a 4.0 in college, and aces the MCAT. Goes through 4 years of med school, and 2-4 years of residency.. and you seriously believe that he or she thinks that black people don't feel pain? Do you really believe that or does that just confirm your ideology?

The more logical reason is that black patients more often show red flags for drug abuse or more often seem like they would sell them, and pain meds are heavily regulated and improperly prescribing them can cost a doctor his or her medical license.

Last edited:
It seems that no matter what, no matter where and no matter with whom, blacks just always seem to have some problem or another.
If someone gets kicked out of every single place they go, maybe, just maybe, the problem is with him and not society at large, to coin an analogy.
Just a thought.

No man, I'm gonna curl up in a ball and suck my thumb over it. Because you know, it's just so important that we crack down on irreverent humor.
You talking bullshit, I'm talking about real life. There's no curling in a ball, when you see those people you make them curly up in a ball.

That'll surely make black people more popular with the rest of us. <end sarcasm> :D
WTF are you talking about?

A doctor makes straight As in high school, gets a 1600 on the SAT, makes a 4.0 in college, and aces the MCAT. Goes through 4 years of med school, and 2-4 years of residency.. and you seriously believe that he or she thinks that black people don't feel pain? Do you really believe that or does that just confirm your ideology?

The more logical reason is that black patients more often show red flags for drug abuse or more often seem like they would sell them, and pain meds are heavily regulated and improperly prescribing them can cost a doctor his or her medical license.
Are you serioulsy asking me if it confirm my ideology when the study showed the treatment bias?

You're talking shit so back it up, wheres your sources that "black patients more often show red flags for drug abuse or more often seem like they would sell them", especially when we are seeing the opioid crisis(really criminality) in white America?

There's a culture that produced rap music and that culture has been around for a long time. White kids that listen to rap music generally don't act like rappers. Go to a black high school and it will be full of kids that dress like and act like their favorite rappers. The truth is in the middle. It's a combination of, since I'm not ideological I agree with you on this first part, disproportionate policing and African American behavior.
So you're saying Black people weren't over policed before Hip Hop was created or got big? Also you're saying white kids don't dress like Hip Hop artist, what exactly is dressing up like a rapper?

Unlike you I actually know wtf I am talking about. Even in your link, blacks are 18% more likely to self report the use of drugs.

Random samplings of hair and blood for blacks and whites however produce far greater differences. In some cases, for the use of some drugs such as cocaine and crack the difference is literally 10x.

A study that showed that blacks were 20x as likely to lie about cocaine and crack use as whites.

Your self reporting bullshit study has been disproven dozens of times. Social justice warriors being the dishonest pieces of shit that they are keep dragging it out like its some kind of holy grail since they have nothing else.
You're sourcing old as studies were the sample size was under 200 people and from schizophrenics? Also did you read your own source?

However, African American underreporting may well be a function of the particular sample and not ethnicity. One study of arrestees (Lu et al., 2001) reported African Americans are more likely to admit using crack cocaine than arrestees of other races. A prior study of veterans recruited through the VA system found no race differences in reporting discrepancies (Calhoun et al., 2000). Further studies are needed to elucidate sources of discrepancy to improve reporting pattern of cocaine.
AND

One possible reason for this ethnic difference is that cocaine metabolites have been detected at a higher rate in African American hair than in other racial groups, which appears independent to specific laboratory procedures (Cone & Joseph, 1996; Welp et al., 2003). The so-called “racial bias” hypothesis (Kidwell, Lee, & DeLauder, 2000) is consistent with the observation that cocaine (but not benzoylecgonine) demonstrates differential affinity to different hair types based on melanin subtype, with dark-color hair demonstrating the greatest affinity (Borges, Roberts, Wilkins, & Rollins, 2003). However, several studies reported conflicting or mixed results on the “racial bias” hypothesis (e.g., Hoffman, 1999; Kelly, Mieczkowski, Sweeney, & Bourland, 2000; Mieczkowski & Newel, 2000).

We attempted to control for several hair conditions. Hair treatment, the use of body hair rather than head hair, and short hair sample were not significantly related to apparent underreporting of cocaine when other measures are simultaneously controlled for. The adjusted odds ratio of 5.89 for hair treatment did not reach a statistical significance (p= .053). One critical review concluded that cosmetic hair treatments tend to result in more false negatives (Kintz, Cirimele, & Ludes, 2000). Hair color or melanin information was not collected in our study, however. A consensus is needed on toxicological aspects of hair color and treatment in hair drug testing, given that hair drug testing has become widely-used for employment screening.

It seems that no matter what, no matter where and no matter with whom, blacks just always seem to have some problem or another.
If someone gets kicked out of every single place they go, maybe, just maybe, the problem is with him and not society at large, to coin an analogy.
Just a thought.
The problem is with the inherent racism of the war on drugs not with black people.

I'm not a SJW, you sack of shit! Idiots like you think wanting fairness and justice in the criminal justice system is SJW BS. You're a fucking idiot and a horrible person. Have a nice life, kid.

Just a thought.
This applies more to Jews than to blacks. Blacks have never been "kicked out" of any country. Jews have been "kicked out" of 109. ;)

Just a thought.
This applies more to Jews than to blacks. Blacks have never been "kicked out" of any country. Jews have been "kicked out" of 109. ;)
Absolutely and I bet Pessimystic didn't support areas that kicked out white colonizers, most likely bitched about that.

Right Pessimystic? :D

How do I know? Well, if I was concerned...I'd request it.

I certainly wouldn't allege "bias" before asking for the data, especially when they say "If you want the data, we'll provide it."
I had already requested this data set before you posted this. That was 3 1/2 days ago.

I still haven't received it. How long do you think this is going to take? What's your over/under that they make good on their promise to share this data upon request?

Back