Datsusara MMA Battlepack 1 (BP-1)

Super.Froggy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Time to write about that interesting backpack :icon_chee and also Thank Chris for all the gear he brought to 10th planet HQ at Legends MMA

Let start with the specifications:

The bag looks small at first but then you start filling it and suddenly you end up with two gis, cups, ankle supports, tape, mouthguards, wallet, bottle, sweat pants, towel, phone, ipod and other crap I forgot to mention !
DSC00107.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

What I love about that bag is even though you're packing some serious amount of gear the way the shoulder straps are designed makes carrying it around a breeze ! it feels nice and kinda gives you a better posture haha
The waist straps got some nice padding protecting your ribs
uvs090210-005.jpg

Thanks for the review.

I can't believe you can fit two gis in there. Pants too?

Thanks for the review.

I can't believe you can fit two gis in there. Pants too?

Yeah when I say 2 gis it's jacket and pants lol
Not sure if you can see it but yeah pants and Jackets !

I've also tried different combo
a laptop + a gi (pants and jacket)
And I'm sure there's enough room for like 1 or 2 t shirts :icon_chee on top of all the crap I carry around

Oh and with the two gis I've been also able to squeeze my video camera in its bag
I'm def impressed with the amount of stuff you can put in
Cool thing too is the zippers !
They are super smooth
DSC00104.jpg

and sturdy. It also slides no matter how weirdly bend it is

The bag is also covered with climber hooks actually time to count !
10 climber hooks all over the shoulder straps, side and bottom of the bag !

Thanks for the review bro, well done. It was tons of fun coming by 10th Planet and seeing everyone there.

For the record in my pack I can stuff..

1 pair of MMA gloves
1 pair of 16oz gloves
1 gi
1 cup with compression shorts
1 ipod
1 fight shorts
2 rash guards
1 mouth guard
plus tape wraps etc.

so yes it can really fit all that, and if you pack lighter you can use the compression straps to keep it slim.

so yes it can really fit all that, and if you pack lighter you can use the compression straps to keep it slim.

Yes I forgot to mention it ! on the side of the bag you got compression straps so your bag can look all slim and slick ;)

I'm still in L.A so I'm missing all my MMA/ muay thai gear by the looks of it I can put my MMA gloves in the front pockets and probably (most def) use the compression straps to get my shin guards on each side of the bag :icon_chee

And It's not like everyday you carry around two gis ! so you would have enough space to stick your 10 or 16 Oz gloves in :)

Excellent review and thanks for loads of pics man.

Excellent review and thanks for loads of pics man.

Thanks man :)
It's a cool product and I really like the idea of using hemp. I'm so sick and tired of those nylon crap ! (my previous bag was falling to pieces)
So I'll rather fork a bit more and get some quality gear than going cheap and having to buy a new one every 6 months :icon_chee

Hey froggy, sweet backpack. Would you mind doing a quik review on the Koral camo gi. Im trying to decide which one to buy, and that would help me.

Now that is a nice backpack. I have the gear bag from them and looks like I will have to add this to my collection.

BTW the bag has been used for a year and change and still going strong.

Now that is a nice backpack. I have the gear bag from them and looks like I will have to add this to my collection.

BTW the bag has been used for a year and change and still going strong.

It doesn't surprise me. The quality is tip top. from Zippers to the hemp blend :icon_chee
I think I'm gonna go with a Pro Gear Bag 2 (PGB-2) soonish lol :icon_chee

I have the 1st generation bag and am curious what has been changed on the updated version. Near as I can tell it is just the nylon bag and red graphics.

thats a good question I guess the only one that can tell is Chris ....
Chris ? lol

I have the 1st generation bag and am curious what has been changed on the updated version. Near as I can tell it is just the nylon bag and red graphics.

as far as that it would be...

the extra nylon bag
the shoulder strap now has ****l components for durability
improved stitching with less fraying inside the pockets
and the red logo (btw...it can be made like the old black one with a little help from a black sharpe pen :)

that's about it

Bobby if you ever need a new one let me know and we'll give you a deal since you were one of the first to support us :)

I see a nutty buddy!!!!!

Sweet bag too.

I was just thinking how I was gonna get the money for this and literally minutes later my Mom called. My Grandfather died just after Christmas and my Grandmother just got insurance money and for Valentines day all the grandchildren got $500.

I took this as a sign that I was supposed to get this item.

as far as that it would be...

the extra nylon bag
the shoulder strap now has ****l components for durability
improved stitching with less fraying inside the pockets
and the red logo (btw...it can be made like the old black one with a little help from a black sharpe pen :)

that's about it

Bobby if you ever need a new one let me know and we'll give you a deal since you were one of the first to support us :)

Thanks a lot! Just so you know the way that thing is built I doubt I will ever need another one.

While purchasing the backpack I noticed my review from this website was on there, I thought that was pretty cool.

the improvements on the new gear bag (not the backpack) are significant. If I had $$$ I'd get one for myself (I bought one of the new ones for my father, he loves it)

liking the BP's Codell.

~Foz

Back