Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Full Trailer for David Fincher's New Netflix Series MINDHUNTER

Looks like Zodiac meets True Detective.

looks good. when does it debut?

Looks pretty interesting.

Fincher being involved means that it should almost certainly be good. He's had very few missteps in his career and is probably one of the top 10 directors working today.

Last edited by a moderator:
First guy is a dead ringer for Edmond Kemper

As far as I'm concerned, Fincher is as close to a sure thing as you can get.

Yep, I will be watching this. Looks good and has the potential for multiple seasons.

What I really want to know is exactly how many episodes Fincher will direct himself. Tried to find out but my google-fu failed me

The fact that he looks like Kemper makes me believe this show is somewhat based off of John Douglas, who interviewed Kemper. He has a book called Mindhunter and help put criminal profiling on the map. It's a good read, so I imagine this will be a good show.

The fact that he looks like Kemper makes me believe this show is somewhat based off of John Douglas, who interviewed Kemper. He has a book called Mindhunter and help put criminal profiling on the map. It's a good read, so I imagine this will be a good show.

Agreed. "Journey Into Darkness" was good too.

I think its also the start of the BSU, It looks like they have representations of Douglas, Teter, Mullany and Ressler in the trailer

Looks like Zodiac meets True Detective.

Is this based on the book? That 1st killer in the glasses looks like Kemper to me.

Holy fuckng shit this has potential if it is and Fincher is involved.

Thanks for posting this bud, hadn't heard about it.

Monicas

Haven't run into too many people that are familiar with Mindhunter/Douglas

Combining that with Fincher (who I find to be the best current director for crime related material) should prove to pretty special.

I read a shit ton on Ed Kemper, guy is fucking nuts...and theres some crazy stories about his interviews with the two guys this show is based on

hype for this

Monicas

Haven't run into too many people that are familiar with Mindhunter/Douglas

Combining that with Fincher (who I find to be the best current director for crime related material) should prove to pretty special.

Hells yeah brutha! I love John Douglas. The book Mindhunters came out in '95 I believe, and that's when I bought it. It's facinating what he/they can do with the information they get. It's a great book about cases he worked and cases he consulted on.

He has another book, "The Cases That Haunt Us," I believe it's called. Where he tries to solve some famous cases like the Lindberg baby and Jon Benet Ramsey. Also a good read.

Back