MINDHUNTER Series Discussion

Theres a big thread on this show here somewhere. Takes about 3 episodes to really get going.

Show is great.

Fuck is wrong with you

mindhunter-s1-ep5-01.gif

Show is great.

Fuck is wrong with you

mindhunter-s1-ep5-01.gif

I don't have the time or patience to sit through stuff anymore.

The main guy is a knock off Fassbender with ZERO screen presence and the interaction between him and the girl (not the fucking, I liked that) was cringeworthy. Great? just lol Pedro

I don't have the time or patience to sit through stuff anymore.

Well that's a damn shame.

The main guy is a knock off Fassbender with ZERO screen presence

I don't get a Fassbender wannabe vibe from him at all.

And he's supposed to be overly straight-laced and kind of flat, stuck in his own head. That's kind of the point of the character.

Well that's a damn shame

I don't get a Fassbender wannabe vibe from him at all.

And he's supposed to be overly straight-laced and kind of flat, stuck in his own head. That's kind of the point of the character.

I'm old, have kids, one of them a baby so we have a slot to watch something and it better be good. I'll have my evenings back soon!

I'll bite the bullet and watch another episode but if I don't like it I'll blame the guy with the orange name.

I'm old, have kids, one of them a baby so we have a slot to watch something and it better be good. I'll have my evenings back soon!

I'll bite the bullet and watch another episode but if I don't like it I'll blame the guy with the orange name.

Did you ever see the film Zodiac? If you liked that, then you will like Mindhunter as it's basically an extended version of that.

6 episodes in... great show. I'm loving this more than Stranger Things, which is a surprise. New favorite netflix show.

Holt McCallany has been an absolute revelation here. So glad Fincher kept this guy in the rolodex all these years. Recognized him instantly as one of the goons in Fight Club. His performance in Mindhunter has been fantastic.

FightClub_279Pyxurz.jpg

725_mindhunter_108_unit_08151r5.jpeg

Speaking of him I just watched "Shot caller" Its ok btw but Holt McCallany is in it and plays a great villain. I think he should play more roles as a villain. Has a great voice for it too. I wonder if hes gotten voice acting roles under his belt

Finally started watching this and I’m loving it. I was a big fan of “Lights Out” so happy to see Holt with a good role.

just finished it about 15 min ago.

i really enjoyed it. DAMN, i thought homie was gonna get kemper'd.

that weasel fbi guy... what a little bitch.

The last 10 minutes of the last episode soooo tense

Cant wait for the next season, really great show

6 episodes in. Loving the show but it's not blowing my mind or anything. I get that the main character may seem a little boring but that makes it more realistic imo. Some of these FBI guys aren't charming larger-than-life characters, they're just regular dudes doing their jobs.

I hope they're not going to do a story arc where Holt's adopted son ends up being a phsycopath, that would feels a little ham fisted and too coincendental considering their line of work.

Update: November 30, 2017

David Fincher's MINDHUNTERS Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix

6 episodes in. Loving the show but it's not blowing my mind or anything. I get that the main character may seem a little boring but that makes it more realistic imo. Some of these FBI guys aren't charming larger-than-life characters, they're just regular dudes doing their jobs.

I hope they're not going to do a story arc where Holt's adopted son ends up being a phsycopath, that would feels a little ham fisted and too coincendental considering their line of work.

Agreed, it would be a huge mistake. The fact that Holt has trouble connecting with him is a good way to flesh out his character... but if the became a psychopath then Holt's struggles as a father would be negated since his kid is just evil and unloveable anyway.

I'm bumping this because I just binged watched it all today. It's was pretty good. I love law shows that dig into the why, more than the how. Also, basically every criminal was real, even the child raper from Georgia. I will say the show did lack suspense. The two main characters felt safe nearly the entire season, other than a few minutes here and there. I have a feeling it's all setting the stage, though, for a bigger payoff later. I'll definitely watch season 2.

I started watching it and shut it off 3/4 of the way through episode 1. I was bored and couldn't find anything to watch so decided to give it another go and was hooked after episode 2.

I don't understand how the main character ended up with his girlfriend. He's a generic, boring dude with no presence and they have no chemistry. He doesn't make any moves and she basically throws herself at him. Shit doesn't work like that.

Back