David Haye Appreciation thread

alonso

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
4j80g0.jpg
2dlk961.jpg

I feel like he doesnt get the respect he deserves among the boxing community. Lest we all forget ^^^

Edit, dont know why the pics wont show in the thread. if someone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Hopalong Haye. Only fighter in history with glass feet.

Wasn't he the guy who hurt his ear lobe or hair or his toe or some phony thing?. . . .What's to appreciate?

4j80g0.jpg
2dlk961.jpg

I feel like he doesnt get the respect he deserves among the boxing community. Lest we all forget ^^^

Edit, dont know why the pics wont show in the thread. if someone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated

His achievements are overlooked imo because he’s a prick, and the toe incident. A broken toe would definately have affected his movement, which was essential if he was going to win. But he’s a fighter, and he cried about it after.

That being said he’s been one of my favourite fighters of the last 15 years. He was the man at CW, a massively undersized hw champ and the only perceived threat to wlad for years. Very few fighters I enjoy watching more than haye

Actually think Haye is a huge wasted talent. At his best hed probably beat every current HW.

Injuries and all that shit took away a lot of valuable time.

Actually think Haye is a huge wasted talent. At his best hed probably beat every current HW.

When was his best though?
His fight with Valuev he seemed as timid as a church mouse.

When was his best though?
His fight with Valuev he seemed as timid as a church mouse.
Probably Ruiz. Chisora even.

Really was disappointing that he didnt let his hands go on Wlad. Infuriating performance. Started off well and then did fuck all.

Probably Ruiz. Chisora even.

Really was disappointing that he didnt let his hands go on Wlad. Infuriating performance. Started off well and then did fuck all.
sigh much as people like to make jokes about the toe injury 'excuse' i personally dont think he fabricated it. It really puts that performance into perspective for me.

I don't think so. Wlad made him look awful in there, he could not accomplish anything and looked pretty scared, to be honest. I don't think Haye would beat any of the top 3 right now.

I don't think so. Wlad made him look awful in there, he could not accomplish anything and looked pretty scared, to be honest. I don't think Haye would beat any of the top 3 right now.
Agreed. Having seen the ortiz fight i think wilder would be too much for haye to handle. wilder actually has an iron chin. joshua is also a terrible match up for him.

Wasnt including Wlad in the current ones. Wlads too good at neutralizing people and theres a big size difference, but Haye’s always got that power shot that can do some serious damage.

Agreed. Having seen the ortiz fight i think wilder would be too much for haye to handle. wilder actually has an iron chin. joshua is also a terrible match up for him.
Other than his power, which took everything he had to put Wlad down, what is a terrible match up for him?

Was never much of a fan of Haye. I never liked him personally, something rare for me with boxers, honestly disliking them, but he was one of them for a longtime for me. I thought ppl put his legacy more where they thought it should be, rather than where it actually was. His shit performance against Wlad, ugh. Constantly dropping out of fights, annoying and disappointing. I feel like he's retired and unretired more than once, at least it feels that way.

That being said, as time has went on I've warmed to him a bit. That great fight/performance against Del Boy. The lead up to that fight where he punched CHisora in the ace while holding a beer bottle "he glossed me!" haha good times.

Him paying for Nick Blackwell's medical bills or whatever it was. Good shit.

Also I give him a lot of credit for staying in the Bellew fight and trying his best despite that horrific achilles inury. And not to mention I also have glass feet so I can relate to his ankle/foot/toe woes.

All in all great talent, but didn't live up to the hype. I have mixed feelings on the guy but he left his (fractured) print on the sport and I gotta respect the man for what he did bring to boxing.

meh, was never wowed by him. I place him a couple rungs higher than John Ruiz.

every time he was on the big stage he delivered a $hit performance and constantly whined and made excuses.

Back