David Haye Appreciation thread

hayereu_2151726b.jpg

He was an amazing cruiser and a bloody good HW, he never hit the heights he should have at HW, the Wlad fight was disappointing in that he never really let go but would that have worked against Wlad anyway? Haye is a small HW and had to fight as such, he couldn't jab away to a victory like Fury and use his size. Wlad was a very different prospect to Valuev in that regard.

There does seem to be a stigma attached to CW though, we champion the smaller guys for being 4 weight world champs for flitting up and down 5 or 6 lbs but a CW that moves up and doesnt dominate everyone catches a load of shit from people for some reason. Not everyone can be Evander.

Top 10 all-time 4P4, easy.

He was an amazing cruiser and a bloody good HW, he never hit the heights he should have at HW, the Wlad fight was disappointing in that he never really let go but would that have worked against Wlad anyway? Haye is a small HW and had to fight as such, he couldn't jab away to a victory like Fury and use his size. Wlad was a very different prospect to Valuev in that regard.

There does seem to be a stigma attached to CW though, we champion the smaller guys for being 4 weight world champs for flitting up and down 5 or 6 lbs but a CW that moves up and doesnt dominate everyone catches a load of shit from people for some reason. Not everyone can be Evander.

That’s a really good point. People saying he choked in the big fights are completely ignoring his win in Paris against morneck for a start. He also appears to be judged as a hw when I’m reality he only ever fought a handful of times and always gave away the physical advantages. against wlad and valuev these were enormous

Haye is a definition of a guy who wrote checks with his mouth that his fists couldn't cash. He never came anywhere close to reaching the level he constantly said he was already at. He ran his mouth for weeks on end before his biggest fights where he would fail miserably and come up with some of the funniest excuses in the history of boxing. Taking your shoe off for the post fight interview to show the world your toe... seriously. He was a massive talent but that's about it. Which is exactly what happens when you fail your biggest test and act like a complete prick afterwards.

Last edited:
"He glassed me!"

I saw that shit live and the rest of my week was dull and gray after that.

Seems he's an asshole though. Then again, so was Chisora. Anyways, GOAT press conference interference, that's how I'll remember David Haye. Thanks for the memories, Dave.

Last edited:
He was an absolute monster at Cruiserweight and smashed everyone. At HW he was pretty damn good too. He liked to play it safe though. I think he could have been the person to stop Valuev if he'd have taken more risks in that fight. Then the Wlad debacle. Wlad has his number and his style was all wrong for a small HW like Haye and of course the toe injury didn't help. I thought it might have been a bit of an excuse but given how injury prone Haye is I believe it was a factor in the fight. He showed how much heart he had when he fought on against Bellew with his ruptured Achilles. Without the injuries I think he could have achieved a lot more.

Is this the same David Haye that got stopped by Tony Bellend?

Other than his power, which took everything he had to put Wlad down, what is a terrible match up for him?

joshua is no valuev or audley harrison and I feel like the sheer weight discrepancy would be haye's undoing. i think Joshua's pressure game eventually wears him out

^^the parker fight will be a good indicator though

joshua is no valuev or audley harrison and I feel like the sheer weight discrepancy would be haye's undoing. i think Joshua's pressure game eventually wears him out
Id have liked to see it. Hayes right hand is no joke.

i was a big fan of haye, appreciated him as a CW and when he was on friday fight night boxing, loved it when he destroyed enzo, a lot of people were underestimating him and thought enzo had a shot

but when he moved to HW and his antics there, made me kinda stop supporting him.
like his style
would have loved to
seen him fight in some of the fights he pulled out from

Is this the same David Haye that got stopped by Tony Bellend?
Bellend barely managed to stop him even though Haye had a totally ruptured achilles and was hopping around on one leg. Bellend should be ashamed.

Bellend barely managed to stop him even though Haye had a totally ruptured achilles and was hopping around on one leg. Bellend should be ashamed.

Watch it again kidda.

Watch it again kidda.
You're trying to tell me that Haye being overwhelmed with punches he couldn't hobble away from had nothing to do with him being one legged? Are you serious? It seems like you need to watch the fight again.... Haye wasn't hurt from punches he just couldn't defend properly being one legged.

You're trying to tell me that Haye being overwhelmed with punches he couldn't hobble away from had nothing to do with him being one legged? Are you serious? It seems like you need to watch the fight again.... Haye wasn't hurt from punches he just couldn't defend properly being one legged.

He got stopped by TONY BELLEND.

Watch the fight KIDDA.

Back