David Lemiuex reveals he had shoulder injury for his fight with BJS

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Queen B, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Queen B Silver Belt

Queen B
    Says he wouldve won with a healthy shoulder and he couldnt double jab to close to Saunders because of his shoulder

2. The Can Opener Brown Belt

The Can Opener
    He could have had two extra arms in that fight and he still would have lost every round.

His footwork is straight buttholes.

The only reason I thought he had a shot was because I assumed BJS would stand and fight at some point like he did with Eubanks and Andy Lee but I was wrong. He boxed off the back foot the entire time so David was lost at sea.

3. Mr2urbo Brown Belt

Mr2urbo
    Sure he did.

4. MMALOPEZ Silver Belt

MMALOPEZ
    Crybaby

5. podsox Red Belt

podsox
    Cool.... you enter the ring you are healthy. What's the point of the fight if your have a built in excuse? Hell you are stealing money from the paying customer if true

6. Sunfish Martinez Belt

Sunfish
    No fighter has ever entered a fight with a prior injury in order to make sure they get paid. Ever.

4daLuLZ, Alanf7, Torrid and 3 others like this.
  7. CatchnShoot Black Belt

CatchnShoot
    I don’t doubt the injury, but it’s hard to imagine it’d have made much of a difference. BJS was simply the superior boxer.

4daLuLZ and BluntTrauma21 like this.
  8. Fortis White Belt

Fortis
    Excuses... He got outclassed by Saunders.

9. Nth-degree White Belt

Nth-degree
    Get healthy and climb the ladder again, hbo likes you so just beat rosado again and see what happens. Maybe try and get a fight with Murata.

10. BluntTrauma21 Young Martha

BluntTrauma21
    I believe him b/c @quincy k said something about him mentioning a left hand/shoulder injury in his prior fight to the BJS bout that made them have to set back the fight date, iirc.

Either way, the better man won. I hate BJS but he was the better boxer in there and really put on a good display. Not a coincidence that he's got a bunch of fans all of a sudden, when everybody but Quincy seemed to hate him before this. I'm still part of the "I hope BJS gets stabbed in the forehead with a sharpened toothbrush" Club, but the man proved himself a worthy fighter on foreign soil. Have to respect the skills there. No excuses.

Anyway, I know another guy who had a shoulder injury, and guess what happened. Ocean water happened. MORE SALT WATER SWIMMING DAVE WE WANNA SEE YOU BACK ASAP. OCEAN WATER HEALS SHOULDERS.

4daLuLZ likes this.
  11. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    <DontBelieve1>

4daLuLZ likes this.
  12. quincy k Brown Belt

quincy k
    lemuiex said it in the ring interview immediately after his fight with reyes, while holding his son, and bjs stated that they tried to make the fight with lemuiex after khurtsidze was arrested but david couldnt do it in june or july because of the shoulder.

i dont understand the hate for bjs and wilder. they might have mouths on them but it looks like both are willing to get in the ring with whoever they call out.

13. borntoloseNOT Purple Belt

borntoloseNOT
    Well, if BJS takes fights like that or other dangerous contests like a champion should, he'll have less hate. Danny Jacobs is calling him out right now, and as talented as he is and as interesting as that fight now looks... he seems to be pricing himself out.

Let's see if he can book a fun fight next out, or if it's back to the Willie Monroe Jrs of the world for 5 fights before another live body.

14. Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Hagler
    He doesn't like needles either.

PUO3 likes this.
  15. quincy k Brown Belt

quincy k
    bjs fought andy lee immediately after lees close fight with qullen, peter then was a slight favorite over jacobs. fought eubank jr, tried to fight his mandatory in khurtsitze who was arrested and had to settle for monroe jr., went into canada to fight lemuiex who ktfo cold legit stevens and has called out canelo in mexico.

saunders is not a dumb wbo champ. he trying to parlay that belt into a canelo payday(should alvarez beat golovkin) rather than take peanuts to fight jacobs or charlo.

not everyone is cut form the same cloth as deontay wilder, namely both lara who hasnt fought fuk all going on four years and thurman who clearly wants nothing to do with spence

16. borntoloseNOT Purple Belt

borntoloseNOT
    I definitely agree about Lara and Thurman. Watch. Garcia will look mediocre in there with Rios and Thurman will be calling for that rematch instead of Crawford and Spence. I don't think he wants either.

BJS looked damn good in this last fight, and the Eubank Jr win looks even better these days. I get wanting to get paid for the biggest fights, but now that it's known he's a real player in the game to all, I'm saying let's see a meaningful fight. If BJS keeps taking (and getting) meaningful fights, I'll keep watching.

17. quincy k Brown Belt

quincy k
    thurman doesnt go around acting like hes the best 147. nothing wrong with him trying to make the most amount of money in the safest route possible before he has to fight spence. as andre ward said a fighter is on the clock so you cant criticize what they do unless they go shooting their mouths off like lara.

wilder is just such a fuken bad ass. going to russia to fight povetkin, then paying off mandatory stiverne something like 500k so he can make a fight with ortiz. old school shit.

i think he has questionable punch resistance and if so hes like amir khan and will fight anyone, dont give a fuk, born fighter.

18. borntoloseNOT Purple Belt

borntoloseNOT
    I'm a big fan of Wilder as well. I hope he puts a statement type asswhooping on Ortiz as well while AJ takes care of Parker, then we got the mega fight getting built up.

...until Fury somehow clogs the picture.

19. ProBoxingInsidr Red Belt

ProBoxingInsidr
    this is the rematch that we MUST see in 2018

ironfist05 likes this.
  20. Queen B Silver Belt

Queen B
    I thought he went to Russia because he lost the purse bid