DayZ 1.0 release and free 2 play on pc for the weekend.

FinalFight

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
DayZ standalone 1.0 has finally been released and is free to play for the weekend.

FYI: This game is not complete and is still heavily in development.

Last edited:
the games piece of shit, still doesn't have all the features as the mod and zombies are STILL NOT A THREAT.

the games piece of shit, still doesn't have all the features as the mod and zombies are STILL NOT A THREAT.

I'm now going to argue with you about the game being a pos, that's your opinion, but the zombies are a threat especially if you're playing at night and it's pitch black.

Well that took a while, watched a stream few months back and it honestly looked pretty good.

Lmao, the Day-Z people put out that same "FYI" in like 2013

Here we are, almost 2019...and it's still the FYI you need when starting this game

Gave it a another shot and I think it is in a pretty good shape. Played some ~4 hours and zero deaths to bugs, wheeew! Night has gone too dark though.

Gave it a another shot and I think it is in a pretty good shape. Played some ~4 hours and zero deaths to bugs, wheeew! Night has gone too dark though.

so did you fight 1 of the 4 zombies on the map?

so did you fight 1 of the 4 zombies on the map?

Actually got swamped by about 7 when I shotgunned someone! KAPOW! Had a little panic until I figured out zombies still cant open doors!

I actually died to zombies. Tried a pistol in a town and got swarmed.

This game is fucking great. Been playing for months and still get nervous because getting killed by zombies or other players makes you lose everything. Souls games make make you lose souls which you can just take back. DayZ takes everything and you start back at the beach with shit.

might give this game another shot sometime.

was an absolute DOGSHIT disgrace last time.

It's one of those genres that isn't for me. I just can't get that invested in the role playing side of things. I tried this out years ago, and I remember running around and coming across someone. I don't remember what he wanted, but I just ignored him and he shot me. Then he started saying something to my corpse, and I realized that I was never going to sufficiently buy into the survival of my character. I just logged out while he was talking and promptly uninstalled the game.

It's one of those genres that isn't for me. I just can't get that invested in the role playing side of things. I tried this out years ago, and I remember running around and coming across someone. I don't remember what he wanted, but I just ignored him and he shot me. Then he started saying something to my corpse, and I realized that I was never going to sufficiently buy into the survival of my character. I just logged out while he was talking and promptly uninstalled the game.

Don't role play. Just kill on sight and take their shit.

Early game is so much better now. You get passable gear reasonably quickly compared to what it used to be where you ended up with a gun, magazine for another gun and ammo for third which was nothing short of incredibly frustrating.

Early game is so much better now. You get passable gear reasonably quickly compared to what it used to be where you ended up with a gun, magazine for another gun and ammo for third which was nothing short of incredibly frustrating.

When they add in zombies horded and fix them ill consider playing

When they fix locks so you can lock your fucking base I'll consider this abortion of a game.

For just about the whole duration of this characters life it has been raining. Got a plate carrier, night vision for an AK and somewhat average gear and now this poor chap is freezing to death. Ruined my knife making a fireplace and when I got it up server is restarting.

edit. and he is gone! Clothes got dry, heat went up but health was still going down despite of good water and food, took a step forwards, touched the fireplace and died. lol

Last edited:
Had a nicely geared dude with AKM, plate carrier, mosin and NVG. Was not paying too much attention while drinking, drank too much, puked everything out and ran out of water and foods desperately trying to hydrate up just to die literally 50m from a pond. I hope someone found good use for all that gear.

I demand a stomach-o-meter plz.

Back