DAZN gives combat sports a bit of fresh air..... Crawford is garbage

GolovkinGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been reading up on DAZN, had no idea they are elites in the streaming world. It is without a doubt that the end user wanting instant and practical entertainment is via mobile app protocol 1st, and second, all stationary based streaming technology like your smart TVs option in acquiring DAZN via a digital box ready with DAZN (Apple, Firestick, ROKU, Chromecast etc...

I've always questioned Top Ranks in house fights... basically the whole online boxing community had shut down Pacquiao vs Alvarado when Dan Rafael was rumouring it... We all know Arum gives Dan the tips and know hows...btw, people are forgetting that Pac just signed with Al Haymon ffs!! the quietest narrative in boxing now is no drama or gossip as to the obvious for WHY Pac left Arum...

So, even Pac knew going over to Showtime or Fox would be an ideal solution to not only fix his stateside tax debts and abroad, but to get GOOD FIGHTS ffs...

Showtime Sports, CBS Sports, Fox, are STILL big time boxing platforms since they are the Premier networks with the most American based Boxing champions...

so why in the fuck would Crawford, knowing that he has better chances with Al Haymon to perhaps finish at 154... With Wilder vs Fury imho will make north of 1million PPV. This benefits the whole PBC Brand and showtime. That's how retention works. Even though Wilder may not be appealing to many, it is Wilder who will cross over and bring the PBC gang along shall he beat Tyson Fury. I'm specifically talking about future Wilder undercards. If the PBC fighters in lower weights give up their egos, they should give up about 25% of their usual purses just to be on a Wilder undercard. There are still great fights to be made with Showtime without a doubt.

Crawford might have been given the opportunity to have fought on primetime Television to unify with a PBC champ and earn a minimum of 2.5 million. Maybe even more if Haymon should feel the need to make it 3 million and put a decent filler card underneath with the co-main agreeing (and not necessarily for Crawford.)

Spence vs Crawford on Primetime Television wouldve been an instant classic with each fighter getting 4 million dollar purses. It wouldve been Hagler vs Hearns Americana..

but no, Crawford is a pussy. Prefers Top Rank in house fights which is why he renewed with ESPN and Top Rank. stupid ass clown

When those Australian media came with Jeff Horn to the US and tried to interview Crawford and he told them NO, that's when I lost all respect for Crawford as a prizefighter.

I had heard complaints about him in the past, both that he wasn't promoted well and that he wasn't promoting himself well. Well now I know the truth, the problem is him.

How do you deny foreign media, especially when that fight was on PPV in Australia?!! The media was simply going to help promote that fight and boost sales, and they flew out on their own dime. That cost everyone money, and it was disrespectful to the other's involved.

When those Australian media came with Jeff Horn to the US and tried to interview Crawford and he told them NO, that's when I lost all respect for Crawford as a prizefighter.

I had heard complaints about him in the past, both that he wasn't promoted well and that he wasn't promoting himself well. Well now I know the truth, the problem is him.

How do you deny foreign media, especially when that fight was on PPV in Australia?!! The media was simply going to help promote that fight and boost sales, and they flew out on their own dime. That cost everyone money, and it was disrespectful to the other's involved.

The fact that he publicly announced he wouldn't talk to the Aussie media probably generated quite a bit more interest than any bullshit interviews he would have done with them. I don't know why anyone anywhere would give a shit about this.

I think you need to take a breath, TS. Crawford's choice to sign back on with Arum might complicate making the big fights at WW, but I can more or less guarantee they offered more for him than anyone else would have. It's clear that Arum (or DuBoef, who is far less of a cunt) will have to co-promote with him as they have next to nothing left in their WW stable at some point. Until then, Crawford will fight mediocrities for good money, but he will eventually fight whoever comes out on top from Haymon's stable.

The fact that he publicly announced he wouldn't talk to the Aussie media probably generated quite a bit more interest than any bullshit interviews he would have done with them. I don't know why anyone anywhere would give a shit about this.

Because of a different outlook on things? There's a lot of shit in life different people think about that you don't, bud.

I highly doubt NOT giving an interview created any sort of buzz in Australia. If he cursed them out and said that's why he didn't want to talk to them, then that would have caused a nationalistic buzz. What he did was nothing at all, a mere footnote at the end of a news report/interview of Horn on Australian press.

And that is merely an example of how he seems to lack any ability to promote himself, and his fans (as I read on youtube) should stop complaining about why he isn't promoted well.

Thats been the Top Rank model for years. Talk about how great a guy is, while having him fight only in house names of yesterday all the while saying everyone else prices themselves out.

Thats been the Top Rank model for years. Talk about how great a guy is, while having him fight only in house names of yesterday all the while saying everyone else prices themselves out.
If a promoter has a stable of elite fighters for a weight class in which said fighter is campaigning then this isn't a problem. That and every major promoter will push in-house fights because they don't have to worry about co-promotion and as a result the fights are much easier to make. Top Rank has two marquee fighters they've been pushing for years now, Crawford and Lomachenko. For the latter (Loma), the only fighter with a name on his record that was with Top Rank is Walters as far as anything significant in his career up to this point.

Last edited:
Back