DAZN lands US broadcast rights to Canelo Alvarez fights

That's big news!

I'm serious. DAZN is making moves.

That’s great news! I hope we get it in Canada too. DAZN has been fantastic as far as I’m concerned.

Great news for DAZN. Hopefully the other Middleweights will follow him there and we'll see a few more epics in this red hot MW era.

This is pretty damn notable, actually.

Dam it says that ALL of GBP fighters are going over. Showtime vs DAZN will be the new war now that HBO is out. Anyone thinks that is suspicious? HBO leave as soon as DAZN starts up. Like maybe they in cahoots behind the door.

Dam it says that ALL of GBP fighters are going over. Showtime vs DAZN will be the new war now that HBO is out. Anyone thinks that is suspicious? HBO leave as soon as DAZN starts up. Like maybe they in cahoots behind the door.
No.
HBO has been moving away from boxing slowly over the last few years.

Where are all the Eddie Hearn and DAZN haters now?

We’ve put you on suicide watch guys.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Fuck Showtime and that little ugly weasel Espinoza!

Yeah, could be something going on there.

HBO. HAs nothing to do with DAZN

It’s more like Showtime/Fox PBC vs Dazn Matchroom/GoldenBoy

Because espn with Arum even with good ratings, the quality of fights is not the best imo

Now hopefully more UK fans will give credit to Canelo for helping out DAZN. It’s not “DAZN is making moves,” it’s “GBP and DAZN making moves for great fights!”

Don’t exaggerate with “all going over.” DAZN is just a platform. It’s not doing promotion for the fighters. Lol. There has never been an HBO or Showtime fighter roster..

Besides GBP has ESPN 2 as well.

GBP is bigger than most people think. And rumour has it that HBO Latino is restructuring for its boxing outlet. This caused a lot of controversy before because it had seemed to have caused biased to Latino boxers only which wasn’t 100% correct. The difference is that it won’t have the classic HBO commentary board and a smaller budget such as no Fight Game

People behind the scenes don’t know that Lampley and classic crew didn’t like HBO Latino for fear that it could be like ESPN Deportes. Now that the original crew is gone, new strategies will be implemented without interference.

Disney/ESPN vs. CBS/Showtime vs. DAZN will be interdasting.

Where are all the Eddie Hearn and DAZN haters now?

We’ve put you on suicide watch guys.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Fuck Showtime and that little ugly weasel Espinoza!

Yeah I was a hater, but I signed up once HBO announced they were going under. I wish I could drop HBO altogether but it comes with the basic package here so I'm stuck with a shitty movie channel I'll never watch after December. If Showtime stops I'll consider ESPN+ if they sign up more than Top Rank guys.

In other boxing news the Crawford fight on ESPN generated better ratings then the last few UFC on Fox cards.

DAZN has usurped ESPN+ spot. Nobody's going to sub to ESPN+ app just for boxing alone anymore.

I would like one of them to air cards from Japan, Russia and France though. I think DAZN signed some deals to air more British boxing but those are some of the easiest fights to stream or replay online already. It's the fights from those aforementioned regions that need attention.

I'm sure they could make some sort of deal with a promotion partnership that covers major cards from Russia, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. And there's only like 2 major promoters (Ohashi and Teiken) and TV networks (Fuji and TBS) in Japan that hold world title fights. Would much rather watch those than local British boxing that we could easily watch online on a SkySports or BTsports stream anyways.

Back