DC could be a 3 division champion if he knew how to diet

Lol the guy is making videos like this and you're trying to pretend like he has a good diet. Get real.

DC doesn't follow a strict diet so until he does this is a moot point. Real metabolism issues that prevent people from getting into shape only effect a small percentage of the population. There is no evidence DC is one of those people.

Since DC makes videos about Popeyes and his own nutritionist says he doesn't restrict calories during training camp, I'm just gonna take a hunch and say metabolism isn't the reason he is chubby.

For the record I'm not one of those people that can eat whatever they want. I have to limit my intake to not get fat. If I didn't diet I would look like DC. So no excuses

<DCWhoa>

HOKAY BLASEBLAH,YOU ASKED FOR IT BUDDY. YOU REALLY THINK IM GONNA SIT HERE AND LET YOU TELL EVERYONE THAT IF I DIET I CAN BE A THREE DIVISION CHAMP? IS THAT WHAT YOU THOUGHT? HOKAY THERE BUDDY. IM NOT AN AMATUER WRESTLER ANYMORE PAL,AND I DONT NEED TO KILL MYSELF ANYMORE THAN I DO TO FIGHT IN MMA. DIMINISHING RETURNS DUDE. YOU TRY TO TAKE A PUNCH WHEN YOUVE CUT DOWN TO 185 FROM 240.
<36>
I THINK TWO TITLES,IN TWO DIFFERENT WEIGHT CLASSES AT THE SAME DAMN TIME IS ENOUGH. I THINK I KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT DISCIPLINE IN 24- 0 RECORD OK THERE CHAMP?
<DC-Champ><DCWhoa><DC-Champ>

Last edited:
Lol the guy is making videos like this and you're trying to pretend like he has a good diet. Get real.

DC doesn't follow a strict diet so until he does this is a moot point. Real metabolism issues that prevent people from getting into shape only effect a small percentage of the population. There is no evidence DC is one of those people.

Since DC makes videos about Popeyes and his own nutritionist says he doesn't restrict calories during training camp, I'm just gonna take a hunch and say metabolism isn't the reason he is chubby.

For the record I'm not one of those people that can eat whatever they want. I have to limit my intake to not get fat. If I didn't diet I would look like DC. So no excuses

So because he made a chicken ad he doesn't eat properly?

<YeahOKJen>

And I never said he followed a strict diet. I said his diet is most certainly better than the average joe since he's an athlete who trains.

The fact that he's a professional athlete and he's chubby just proves that not everybody has the same genes. Some people eat a shit ton of fast food and on top of that don't train or do sports and aren't fat.

Yes a good diet is a key factor but genes are as big of a factor. I doubt DC's diet is worst than Joe Shmoe who isn't fat despite sitting im front of his computer all day playing video games and drinking Mountain Dew.

This might be hard for some of you to understand....IT"S GENETICS. I have a body like that, even when i was a teenager and very athletic/musclular at my lowest body fat i still didnt have abs and i was in great shape...in fact i could out do most of the shredded guys it's purely genetics the amount of B/f you carry also muscle insertions.

So because he made a chicken ad he doesn't eat properly?

<YeahOKJen>

And I never said he followed a strict diet. I said his diet is most certainly better than the average joe since he's an athlete who trains.

The fact that he's a professional athlete and he's chubby just proves that not everybody has the same genes. Some people eat a shit ton of fast food and on top of that don't train or do sports and aren't fat.

Yes a good diet is a key factor but genes are as big of a factor. I doubt DC's diet is worst than Joe Shmoe who isn't fat despite sitting im front of his computer all day playing video games and drinking Mountain Dew.

Lmao google Michael Phelps diet to see exactly how great an athlete's diet is.

Likely the only time DC eats clean is when he's in training camp for a LHW fight and his nutritionist is preparing food for him. And even then, he isnt cutting calories according to his nutritionist.

Calories matter. You can lose weight eating at McDonalds if you get your calories right.

I don't see how you can claim a guy who has never cut calories can't lose weight. There is zero evidence he can't. He just hasn't tried.

I wish people would stop saying this.He goes through hell to make 205.Hes approaching 40 on top of it.This isn't even feasible--- don't go by height.His frame is too thick and dense.
We'd have first fighter perish via organ failure due to weight cut.
Actually, we wouldnt cause the thought has never and will never cross his mind.

He would completely have to give up Popeyes which he would never do

Lmao google Michael Phelps diet to see exactly how great an athlete's diet is.

Likely the only time DC eats clean is when he's in training camp for a LHW fight and his nutritionist is preparing food for him. And even then, he isnt cutting calories according to his nutritionist.

Calories matter. You can lose weight eating at McDonalds if you get your calories right.

I don't see how you can claim a guy who has never cut calories can't lose weight. There is zero evidence he can't. He just hasn't tried.
And there is zero evidence he hasn't tried.

If genes play no part in it, again, how do you explain some people are skinny despite eating constantly and terribly?

Some people's metabolism burn calories much faster than others. That's just the way it is.

It's not like DC is the worst eater or the first fighter to not count his calories. There are a shit ton of guys who don't really worry about their diet and aren't fat.

I mean how fuckin out of control can DC's diet realistically get compared to every other fighter? He's an athlete and still goes to the gym and trains when he's out of camp. So it's not like he's living on freakin Popeye.

Of course following a strict diet at all times would help him maintain his weight and not look like he's on deaths door when weighing in at 205. But him fighting at MW is a stretch.

No such thing as a fast or slow metabolism unless you have a health problem. If you're a certain height and weight and do a certain level of physical activity, you will burn a certain amount of calories. There's no magic to it and no ones body is magical unless their bodies are doing something fucked up like not having thyroid hormones. If DC ate Dominic's calories, DC would be 135 lbs. If Dominic ate DC's calories, he'd be 250 lbs. There's no magical law of physics breaking disappearance of or creation of mass and energy there.

DC just has certain athletic attributes: durability, strength (per lb), and speed. His athletic performances rely on those attributes rather than having a size advantage. Other guys athletic performances are better when they have a size advantage. However, cutting weight to have a size advantage takes away from your durability, strength, and speed. Your muscles lose glycogen, your brain loses hydration, etc etc etc. DC without those things and having a size advantage is second best. DC with those but being the smallest guy in his division is the best in the world.

DC could easily be slim and fight as the biggest guy in his division. He wouldn't die. It would actually be good for his health; his blood pressure would drop, he would age slower as his cells metabolize less energy, etc. His life expectancy would go up. He would just lose a lot of what makes him a great athlete though.

It's really not as simple as you are claiming. Here's an interesting but dated article on the subject. https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2009/07/thining-thin/22436/

The TLDR is that our bodies tend to fight to stay within a fairly tight range, and your metabolism will absolutely slow to keep you from losing more weight.

Back