DC has been wobbled/dropped in 4 of his last 6 fights.

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

A lot of people are talking about DC's chin going into UFC 226. The consensus is, it'll take more than just punches to stop him vs Stipe. I somewhat agree, but we're talking about Stipe Miocic...arguably the most precise and powerful striker DC has faced thus far. And it's not like DC can't get rocked/dropped:

Against Anthony Johnson (UFC 187) dropped by a missile of a right hand:

Against Gus (UFC 192) dropped and nearly out from a big knee:

Against Rumble again (UFC 210) head kick stunned him:

Against Jon Jones (UFC 214) KO'd

This is more of an observation than anything, so make what you want of it.

Big question here is, what are the odds of Stipe knocking Cormier out with punches? He's always said the only reason Jones was able to finish was because of the perfect timing and the trip that eventually led him to fall.

That’s what happens when you fight a murderers row of opponents like that. With that being said Stipe has more than enough power to put DC away, but a bigger, stronger and a little fatter DC will be up to the challenge lol. I thinks it’s the volume of strikes that Stipe is going to be able to put out that is DC’s biggest problem.

Those were some huge shots he took, he showed a great chin just by not being KO'd stiff by Rumble's touch of death.

AKA fighters have always had problems with striking defense. Look at Khabib and Luke exiting in straight lines with their chin out. Look at Cain and DC leading with their chin out. Stipe not only has power, but is an excellent counter puncher.

Sometimes all it takes is the RIGHT punch. He doesn't have a durability rating like a videogame. If Stipe catches him with a short right hand behind the ear it's over.

Stiopic has been dropped by JDS and Reem and also KOed by Struve

Stipe hits harder than any of those guys, too.

Much harder.

The question is, what kind of gain does DC get from the move to HW? We know he will be in a better place, but how much better, and does that advantage keep pace with the increase in power he's facing at HW competition?

He got rocked by Vulkan before getting his wrestling off too. It'll be a long night for DC.

that's a hell of an early post. welcome to sherdog TS. unlike most you will be a value added.

you're right, he gladly eats shots to get where he needs to get, and sometimes he eats hard shots. that's the cost of being a shorter fella i suppose.

Struve (EDIT) Stipe should try to fight long in this fight, which will make for a longer night for DC. hell, the smaller TUF cage would change this fight more than anything :)

it's an uphill battle for DC for sure. but is Struve easier to take down than JJ (albeit harder than A Johnson or Volkan)? my guess is yes.

and can he win rounds 4 and 5 without the weight cut?

so many variables in this bout.

Last edited:
Stipe hits harder than any of those guys, too.

Much harder.

The question is, what kind of gain does DC get from the move to HW? We know he will be in a better place, but how much better, and does that advantage keep pace with the increase in power he's facing at HW competition?
Stipe doesnt hit harder than Rumble let alone "much harder" lol

Stipe doesnt hit harder than Rumble let alone "much harder" lol
Inb4 some clueless dolt brings up the Arlovski fight without accounting for the fact that it was only a short time removed from Rumble fighting at 170/185, so he wasn't used to carrying 230+lbs and gassed because of that. He still shattered Andrei's chin in the 1st round and had him eating through a straw for 3 months, which none of Andrei's other opponents managed to do.

2016 Rumble hits harder than Stipe, and would sleep any version of Arlovski.

That’s what happens when you fight a murderers row of opponents like that. With that being said Stipe has more than enough power to put DC away, but a bigger, stronger and a little fatter DC will be up to the challenge lol. I thinks it’s the volume of strikes that Stipe is going to be able to put out that is DC’s biggest problem.
I disagree a little I mean DC is getting old now, but he's a grinder and I feel like DC can definitely outpace Stipe. I don't think it's Stipe's volume that's worrying DC, I imagine he's going for that TD ASAP because of Stipe's power and elusiveness.

Those were some huge shots he took, he showed a great chin just by not being KO'd stiff by Rumble's touch of death.

It didn't land clean, DC has said he fell because he was off balanced, and added that (until the Jones rematch) the only time he had ever been hurt in a fight was when Gus kneed him.

Stipe will dust DC.

I don't think it will be much of a fight.

I remember when people were saying Stipe has pillow fists and a glass jaw

AKA fighters have always had problems with striking defense. Look at Khabib and Luke exiting in straight lines with their chin out. Look at Cain and DC leading with their chin out. Stipe not only has power, but is an excellent counter puncher.

To be fair it's most mma fighters in general.

Stipe will dust DC.

I don't think it will be much of a fight.

If there's one certainty it's that DC will at least make it a fight. That's just the nature of his game/ability. I do however think Stipe will finish him at some point

Back