DC has been wobbled/dropped in 4 of his last 6 fights.

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
He got rocked by Vulkan before getting his wrestling off too. It'll be a long night for DC.
I think it'll be a short night. not a long night for DC. Meaning, Stipe stops DC in the very first round.

AKA fighters have always had problems with striking defense. Look at Khabib and Luke exiting in straight lines with their chin out. Look at Cain and DC leading with their chin out. Stipe not only has power, but is an excellent counter puncher.

You nailed it. Shut this thread down.

I think it'll be a short night. not a long night for DC. Meaning, Stipe stops DC in the very first round.
I can totally see that happening. The phrase I used meaning, It's going to be a bad night for DC.

I can't imagine DC wanting to exchange with Stipe. Against Jones he needed to rush in range and stay in the pocket for the second fight. Jones doesn't have the same power that Stipe has. I could see him trying to get in the pocket like he did with Jones and Gus and getting smoked. I expect a lot of takedown attempts.

I hope Rumble comes back larger than ever at HW and decimates the entire division. He could easily do it. Knock a contender, then get title shot and connect once. New Champ.

That’s what happens when you fight a murderers row of opponents like that. With that being said Stipe has more than enough power to put DC away, but a bigger, stronger and a little fatter DC will be up to the challenge lol. I thinks it’s the volume of strikes that Stipe is going to be able to put out that is DC’s biggest problem.
^This.

It would be more shocking if he had not been wobbled/dropped in those fights and just won them easy.

If there's one certainty it's that DC will at least make it a fight. That's just the nature of his game/ability. I do however think Stipe will finish him at some point

I just can't see it being anything than early in the fight. It's not that DC isn't tough, I just think Stipe's hands will find a home early. Getting hit by Stipe isn't the same as getting hit by Gus. Stipe is deceptively strong, so I expect him to shrug off any clinch attempts and dust DC quickly.

If I am wrong, I will eat my crow, but I don't see it being competitive and it's not a knock on DC.

Stipe has very good power & could certainly finish DC. But I do think his chin will be better served not cutting weight. And its not as if Stipe hasnt been hurt himself; Francis/Struve/Reem/JDS

I just can't see it being anything than early in the fight. It's not that DC isn't tough, I just think Stipe's hands will find a home early. Getting hit by Stipe isn't the same as getting hit by Gus. Stipe is deceptively strong, so I expect him to shrug off any clinch attempts and dust DC quickly.

If I am wrong, I will eat my crow, but I don't see it being competitive and it's not a knock on DC.

You very well may be right. It's an interesting fight

DC just has to gas him out and fight smart in the 1st. Stipe's power drops dramatically. He was hitting Francis with pitter patter ground and pound after round 1 and Francis didn't have a scratch on him.

1. Rumble can knock anybody out
2. That's a clean straight knee from Gus
3. He leaned directly into that headkick from Jones.
4. DC's chin/durability will be better at HW with no weight cut

I still think Stipe wins, but knocking DC out is no easy task.

1. Rumble can knock anybody out
2. That's a clean straight knee from Gus
3. He leaned directly into that headkick from Jones.
4. DC's chin/durability will be better at HW with no weight cut

I still think Stipe wins, but knocking DC out is no easy task.

You don't think he's going to be slower because he will have more weight?

I keep wondering what the friggin' statute of limitations is on the Struve fight.

It was weird too if you watch the whole fight. I may be wrong, please correct me if I am.....but basically I had Stipe winning the fight, sort of in cruise control. Within a matter of 15-20 seconds he got poked in the eye (maybe nut shot), ate a big shot, slipped on a logo, ate a barrage of punches in quick succession and the ref scored a standing tko for Struve. Not making excuses or taking away from Struves performance, but it wasn't like he got beat up the whole fight and finally the ref had seen enough.

Back