DC has been wobbled/dropped in 4 of his last 6 fights.

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
and he is undefeated (officially, 5-1 unofficially) in those fights. your point?

Out of all those except Jones he recovered very well after though. And the Jones kick has an asterisk next to it.

It has to do with forward style and facing alot of tough opposition in last 6 fights.

What exactly did you expect TS ? Not all fighters born with the Hunto gene...

fighters getting hit,whodathunkit?

2 of those fights are against the best steroid cheat, so you can say 2/4 which is fine cause hes fighting the best competition

The head kick didn't stun him, it smashed his nose so he reacted. His feet didn't even wobble in the slightest

A lot of people are talking about DC's chin going into UFC 226. The consensus is, it'll take more than just punches to stop him vs Stipe. I somewhat agree, but we're talking about Stipe Miocic...arguably the most precise and powerful striker DC has faced thus far. And it's not like DC can't get rocked/dropped:

Against Anthony Johnson (UFC 187) dropped by a missile of a right hand:

Against Gus (UFC 192) dropped and nearly out from a big knee:

Against Rumble again (UFC 210) head kick stunned him:

Against Jon Jones (UFC 214) KO'd

This is more of an observation than anything, so make what you want of it.

Big question here is, what are the odds of Stipe knocking Cormier out with punches? He's always said the only reason Jones was able to finish was because of the perfect timing and the trip that eventually led him to fall.

1 These opponents are tougher than stipes last opponents

2 DC was not wobbled or dropped vs rumble in their second fight at any point.
3 you chose last 6 fights to maximise the window of him getting wobbled. I will now do something similar to Stipe.

Stipe was wobbled or dropped on 2 out of his last 3 fights.

Ngannou had his head bouncing around the octagon.
Overeem almost finished him.

It won't be completely shocking if he gets starched by Stipe, but still always confronting when a great fighter does get hurt

DC being underrated here. I hope he shuts the haters up

Stipe will dust DC.

I don't think it will be much of a fight.
I think DC will win this fight. I have never seen DC look anything less than spectacular at HW. Also, Stipe is good but I think a product of the time he rose to might. I do not believe he is the best HW of all time or any of the hype that has been heaped upon him. He's an all around great fighter that has faced diminished competition, but not on DC's level.

I think DC beats him everywhere at HW. The only question mark in my book is if and when time will catch up with DC. It could happen at any time at this age and the damage he has taken recently.

Is Stipe the favorite in this?

People forget that HW DC was the one that cracked TRT Bigfoot’s massive chin.

at least it was against the absolute best at LHW, the guys who are levels above the rest of the division. and every one of those was a huge, flush shot.

my biggest concern here is DC's age, the size disadvantage (which he always has) and how gaining this weight back will affect him.

i fucking love DC and really hope he wins.

I just looked, and it's been a little under five years since Cormier has fought at Heavyweight. I honestly thought it was longer than that. If I had to bet on this fight, I'd put my money on Miocic, but we've seen Cormier manhandle men much bigger than himself before. It's going to be a very interesting fight.

Stipe hits WAY harder than what people give him credit for. I remember when Maldonado ate his way up to HW for that last second replacement fight and he was billed as a durable punching bag but Stipe got him out of there in under a minute.

Back