DC - "It takes a lot of drugs to think like Jon Jones."

DC is a classy guy for the most part. I agree that Jones doesn't think like most people. He seems to be missing something. I've thought this since the Machida fight. I can't think of too many other fighters that would let a limp opponent fall freely like that. He knew he was out. No regard for further, unnecessary injury. Not saying he has to be Mr. Nice guy but had he held Machida up rather than letting him face plant I'd have a different take on him. That was straight up callous.

I can't think of too many world famous multi millionaires that would hit a pregnant lady in broad day light, run away from the scene of the accident, and then ran back to grab his bowl/cash while not checking on the woman. Also, I can't think of many people that would fail a PED test for masking agents, botching the biggest UFC event in history, and then piss hot again in his very next fight, when his whole legacy was on the line.

To me, it is textbook narcissistic sociopathic behavior; he thinks he can always win, out smart everything and everyone, and simply does not care how his actions hurt and even ruin other people. Obviously, his knee jerk tweets sometimes give us an insight to this and lend credence to his weirdness.

Last edited:
DC is a classy guy for the most part. I agree that Jones doesn't think like most people. He seems to be missing something. I've thought this since the Machida fight. I can't think of too many other fighters that would let a limp opponent fall freely like that. He knew he was out. No regard for further, unnecessary injury. Not saying he has to be Mr. Nice guy but had he held Machida up rather than letting him face plant I'd have a different take on him. That was straight up callous.
Whats he supposed to do sing him a lullaby and tuck him in? Gently caress him down to the ground? meh

Jones took the high road, and it led him straight into a pregnant woman.

35lhmyd.gif

The fact that DC never truly attacks Jones for PEDs but does attack him for recreational drug use ...

"I just don't feel like that is the first guy I have fought on steroids. I beat all the rest of them, so I should be able to beat him."

What else do you want him to say? That seems pretty clear attack on him for using PEDs to me.

I can't see a 3rd fight between them happening, DC keeps saying he's done at 40 and I can't see Jones being back by then. I seriously doubt that DC ever fights at 205 again either, he'll have a lot of weight to lose after the Stipe fight and not a lot of time to do it in.

He's a weird guy too.

Takes the high road for a short time, then just jumps in the gutter.

He’s not just a fighter though. He’s part of the media. So that makes it strange for me personally. But some of the other UFC fighters that work on the broadcasts etc, seem to like the odd trip into the gutter. Cruz Bisping and Woodley come to mind rather quickly.

He’s not just a fighter though. He’s part of the media. So that makes it strange for me personally. But some of the other UFC fighters that work on the broadcasts etc, seem to like the odd trip into the gutter. Cruz Bisping and Woodley come to mind rather quickly.

Its weird.

It if the two, he's the clean, upstanding fighter. But I still have a hard time rooting for him

This was the time I lost respect for Jones.

(Machida choke/drop)This was the time I lost respect for Jones.

I don't know mate it was pretty impressive

choking an opponent until the submission is complete is the job of the fighter, he doesn't owe his own submission an EMT-approved dismount

I think Jones did that in the heat of the moment. I don't think anyone would really think "oh, is he okay? Should I guide him down slowly?" when literally in a fight. Or at least very few people would. It could also be just that he wanted the finish to look badass. I hated seeing Machida lose, esp in that manner, but the way he got choked out and went limp to the ground made that win so much more than it actually was. It would be like a Mark Hunt walk-off KO vs. TKO kinda thing in terms of comparison IMO.

I think Jones did that in the heat of the moment. I don't think anyone would really think "oh, is he okay? Should I guide him down slowly?" when literally in a fight. Or at least very few people would. It could also be just that he wanted the finish to look badass. I hated seeing Machida lose, esp in that manner, but the way he got choked out and went limp to the ground made that win so much more than it actually was. It would be like a Mark Hunt walk-off KO vs. TKO kinda thing in terms of comparison IMO.

There's no way Jones didn't know he was out. Hunt on the other hand walks off and doesn't follow up with anything unnecessary.

The fact that DC never truly attacks Jones for PEDs but does attack him for recreational drug use ...

... you have to wonder. I am getting suspicious that DC himself might have used some "help" and just doesn't want his words to backfire on him if he gets caught.

His comments here, especially in the last minute or so, are not very positive about Jones' PED use and would come back to haunt Cormier if he himself were exposed as a cheater:

Jorgensen-submission.gif

danmillerbrutalguillotine.gif

Dennis-Bermudez-STN-G-WIN-vs-Tommy-Hayden-R1-_zpse6pqnjog.gif

"If he falls, he falls." - 95% of fighters

Ummm....

Come get me =/= come fight me

Since Jones is a crackhead (your hero lol) I'd say we're 60/40 on him fleeing a crime scene as apposed to calling out the champ DC while obviously suspended. He is a crackhead so that's why I leave the 40 there. Crackhead fantasy delusions lol
Its called a pipe dream

it's in my post. hold him up. that was a dick move. there was no need for it.

Or even yell at the ref - "He's out." So BJM could grab ahold of him.

But we are talking Jones here, a guy devoid of a conscience. lol

Or even yell at the ref - "He's out." So BJM could grab ahold of him.

But we are talking Jones here, a guy devoid of a conscience. lol
See the post above. Tons of guys do it. Are they all psychos?

well, probably so, but I don't think watching choir boys fight would be as exciting

Back