DC might as well just fight Brawk and retire

Dana_is_your_GOD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seems like the simplest option. No Shogun money fight at this point. So just fight the vanilla gorilla for a paycheck and retire.

How's Shogun a money fight anyway? Shogun's a FS1 fighter and the Conor era of fans don't know him.

Yep. Gus is a dangerous fight due to the weight cut. He should just hang up the LHW belt and fight Brock, then maybe beat Stipe again or hang it up.

The plan was always fight Brock then retire. The problem is DC is looking to fight at 205 one more time before that. There's no viable options except Latif at this moment.

DC makes Shogun money in 2 FS1 TV appearances.

I think since he only has time for 2 fights before he retires he wants to have 2 fights

And Brock will have to be the second because USADA

Shogun was a money fight lol? Now that Gus is out, they should just book DC vs Yoel at LHW, I’d pay for that.

LoL
DC fighting Brock, is like reaching the final boss in a video game.

Shogun was a money fight lol? Now that Gus is out, they should just book DC vs Yoel at LHW, I’d pay for that.
Not a money fight like a Brock fight but an “easy money”. It would have been a gimme fight for DC so yeah, Easy money.

Um No....

He should fight Gus because it was the most difficult match up of his career, one of the greatest title fights of all time, and definitely the best in UFC LHW history.

He should want to settle that one if he's truly on his way out....As much as I like DC, I'm losing respect for him obviously ducking Gus...

If he wants to go Brockamania after that? I won't complain even though it's really lame...

Um No....

He should fight Gus because it was the most difficult match up of his career, one of the greatest title fights of all time, and definitely the best in UFC LHW history.

He should want to settle that one if he's truly on his way out....As much as I like DC, I'm losing respect for him obviously ducking Gus...
There isn't anything to settle. They are 1 an 0 and he won that fight. I know it,you know it,we all know it. Why should he have to prove it again? Should he go back and rematch other guys he had a hard time with too? yes its a fight people would love to watch because the first one is so good,but Gus really hasn't done all that much since their last bout (not that there is much to do at LHW anyway)
DC beat Gus,and he twice beat the guy that beat Gus in AJ. Beating Stipe at HW puts DC in another universe than Gus. What has Gus done in all that time? DC isn't here to do charity work. He's earned the fat payday. Blame Jones for roiding himself out of the division so Gus has no rivals to fight.

Seems like the simplest option. No Shogun money fight at this point. So just fight the vanilla gorilla for a paycheck and retire.

He probably will.

He'll vacate the LHW title and then defend the HW one vs Brock and call it a career.

Why would he fight Gustafson, someone that he already beat and someone that is considerably more "in prime" at the moment.

I understand Gustafsons angle. He knows DC is declining cause of age, and he'll only get worse.

I think his considerable reach advantage was enough for him to win the their first fight. But he didn't. He had his chance and he messed it up.

dc is gonna spin brock like a top like all the rest. am a huge brock fan

Back