DC Sparring partners?

Mongoosemk12

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Who has he been sparring with lately? Obviously Cain has been out for a long time. Even if they are sparring together still, it can't be at the same high level of quality training. I'm rooting for DC here, but I gotta wonder if this might affect things in some way or another.

As far as I know, he had Cain for this camp. He also said he's been sparring with Rockhold.

Who has he been sparring with lately? Obviously Cain has been out for a long time. Even if they are sparring together still, it can't be at the same high level of quality training. I'm rooting for DC here, but I gotta wonder if this might affect things in some way or another.
Frank Munoz Luke a lot of guys check dc Instagram

He has used Rockhold as his main sparring partner to mimic Jones the previous times they fought/were due to fight.

Not sure if he has trained with Cain as Cain has a bad back since the Browne fight.

Frank Munoz Luke a lot of guys check dc Instagram
I don't have Instagram, I'm a 33 year old man. XD Thanks though, I'll check Munoz out. I haven't heard of him. Mostly I am curious who he has been grappling/wrestling with.

He has used Rockhold as his main sparring partner to mimic Jones the previous times they fought/were due to fight.
Rockhold seems like an interesting choice to mimic Jones. I don't have anyone better in mind per se, but I just don't see a ton of similarities between Rockhold and Jones.

Rockhold seems like an interesting choice to mimic Jones. I don't have anyone better in mind per se, but I just don't see a ton of similarities between Rockhold and Jones.
Rockhold is a southpaw (which Jones frequently uses as a stance) and he has a nice kicking game. His kicks are his strength in stand-up, as are Jons. Not as diverse as Jon for sure, but he can mimic certain things Jones does.

Rockhold is a southpaw (which Jones frequently uses as a stance) and he has a nice kicking game. His kicks are his strength in stand-up, as are Jons. Not as diverse as Jon for sure, but he can mimic certain things Jones does.
I suppose he has similar BJJ skills as well, but the top pressure and take down threat has to be totally different. I'm surprised he hasn't brought anyone else in from outside AKA to help him train though.

I don't have Instagram, I'm a 33 year old man. XD Thanks though, I'll check Munoz out. I haven't heard of him. Mostly I am curious who he has been grappling/wrestling with.
People 34 uses it Instagram is probably the best social media app u missing out people make a living off of it especially fighters

Oh u don't need Instagram just google his name his Instagram page wil show

I've seen alot of tall lanky kickboxers on his social media. Including Chi lewis Parry.

don't matter cuz you can't emulate Jon. only person perhaps Gus.

The first thing that came to mind is the fact that Jones has been out of action for A WHILE. So even if DC doesn't have a completely stellar set of sparring partners in this camp, he has still seen serious action at least twice in the time that Jones has been out. I would be just as concerned (if not more so) about Jones's ring rust as I would about DC's lack of sparring partners.

I suppose he has similar BJJ skills as well, but the top pressure and take down threat has to be totally different. I'm surprised he hasn't brought anyone else in from outside AKA to help him train though.

Yeah, I feel as though it's just the height difference in this scenario. BJJ skills are almost totally superfluous in both fighter's game plans. DC is a world class wrestler of course, but in the last fight Jones showed superior application of wrestling in an MMA context. Either way, I think this fight is likely to be decided on the feet. With effectively neutralized threat of takedown on both sides.

I've seen alot of tall lanky kickboxers on his social media. Including Chi lewis Parry.

Yeah, I mean DC is a top fighter and this is one of the most highly anticipated fights in the 205 division/perhaps the UFC in general, he will have pulled in sufficient streams of competenent/appropriate training opponents don't you worry. If DC loses he must bear the responsibility solely, not palm it off to lack of appropriate training partners.

I agree 100 with the ring rust factor. I think no matter what Jones says it will absolutely play a factor in some way. Either starting tentative, or the opposite and him gassing earlier than he should. Of course if he actually can finish DC neither of those things will matter. DC had some nice striking in the last fight against Rumble, and Jones isn't exactly a fan of being hit. With Jones being awarded his blue belt this week, that seems like a statement that he may look to submit DC. Another unorthodox submission like he had against Machida could be an interesting variable in this fight as well.

DC should have had Tim Sylvia come clinch him and lay his weight on him against the cage instead of skinny ol Rockhold.

Found a pic with the lot of them on it.

narIiRSK1QtMnGNiGvg1_017%20caramelized%20chicken%20legs.jpg

Back