DC vs Cruz debate about Stephens knee.

That's the only way?

Go way, your tactic has become acting stupid. I'm not interested in talking to you.

That's because we're finally getting into the mud of your point. I'm asking questions you don't want to answer, or can't answer.

There is no serious argument for saying strikes that don't land are illegal.

Um Jeremy said the ref told him before the fight. If there is a hand off the floor you can knee to the head.

Jeremy seen a hand up and proceeded to knee although it just grazed him it was legal either way.

Jeremy said all this in his post fight interview.

Everyone's argument is pointless

That's because we're finally getting into the mud of your point. I'm asking questions you don't want to answer, or can't answer.

Not at all. Your situations and questions have become more and more ignorant. Your acting stupid and I'm not interesting in holding your hand while you try to run away.

"If Anderson would have stopped that strike...."

Only you can decipher this? Why wouldn't the ref be able to see that also? And again, this wouldn't apply in hairline, small target strikes. I'm talking about obvious, blatant malicious acts. No, not all of them are. That doesn't mean they don't exist. Do you think throwing headbutts in guard is acceptable, until they land? That doesn't seem safe or proper to me.

Have a good night.

Watch the replay from behind emett, the knee clearly made contact with Emett's head both on the initial movement and the way down. A graze is still a strike landing although slight.

The reason why it is an issue is because its an intentional,blatant disregard for the rules.

I'm not sure if its grounds for a no-contest ruling though can't view the unified rules for some reason, i think the rules say that if an illegal strike causes a KO or TKO then it will be overturned. That would be very hard to argue in this circumstance.

He got right back up after the glancing blow.... now if he dropped down again after the knee then we have something..

giphy.gif

Illegal fighter... should be a no contest... either ways DC cried and got KTFO so it's all good.

The knee slightly scrapes Emmett head, it played no factor to the nasty elbows that Stephens landed afterwards.
Very good fight and a very good main card.

Not at all. Your situations and questions have become more and more ignorant. Your acting stupid and I'm not interesting in holding your hand while you try to run away.

That's simply not true. The repeated theme "multiple" people are asking you about, cannot be answered. Well, you did answer, but it was more of a non-answer. You pretty much pleaded for us to just go with what you were saying, and I've been courteous while you've attempted to suss out your points.

"If Anderson would have stopped that strike...."

As I said earlier, and you ignored, it's hard to tell what misses versus what is being stopped. I meant missed that strike, which could be the same as stopping it, and it was in context to how you were saying things should be judged.

This is not rocket science, stop trying to make it confusing, we're using *your* standards here.

If Anderson Silva out of fear of hitting Chael in the face, adjusted that strike so that it missed, or ceased half way through, etc. It would give the impression it was:

1.) Going for the head
2.) A malicious strike to a grounded opponent
3.) By your standards could disqualify Anderson even though it NEVER. FUCKING. LANDED.

See? This is where we are coming back to. You want to call strikes that "never" land illegal.

I cannot agree with you, it's ridiculous.

Only you can decipher this? Why wouldn't the ref be able to see that also?

Those are great questions, and precisely why I'm asking them. It would appear that it's a malicious strike, designed to be thrown to the face of a grounded opponent.

My point has been you don't really fucking know, do ya? You don't know until it lands, and if it doesn't land it's not really a counted strike, huh? And if you aren't counting the strike, how can it be illegal?

Oh, because you said it makes them "flinch"... (not kidding, that is seriously his argument).

Do you think throwing headbutts in guard is acceptable, until they land? That doesn't seem safe or proper to me.

Throwing headbutts until they land? What the fuck are you talking about? You've got to be kidding me.

If Anderson Silva out of fear of hitting Chael in the face, adjusted that strike so that it missed, or ceased half way through, etc. It would give the impression it was:

1.) Going for the head
2.) A malicious strike to a grounded opponent
3.) By your standards could disqualify Anderson even though it NEVER. FUCKING. LANDED.

See? This is where we are coming back to. You want to call strikes that "never" land illegal.

The ref is not forced to make a call. If he does not see a malicious intent to break a rule, or cannot determine it, he is not forced to make a ruling.

If the ref sees, what he determines to be an obvious attempt at illegal technique, despite it's success, I think the ref should be allowed to take actions.

How wild.

It's funny how we've got from "I think we're done" and your clever response to all the way here, again.

The ref is not forced to make a call. If he does not see a malicious intent to break a rule, or cannot determine it, he is not forced to make a ruling.

If the ref see, what he determines to be an obvious attempt at illegal technique, despite it's success, I think the ref should be allowed to take actions.

How wild.

It's funny how we've got from "I think we're done" and your clever response to all the way here, again.

How wild? I 100% agree.

You said it best. If the guy flinches? It might as well be illegal, and we should disqualify him. Why? Because a flinch creates a new situation that otherwise wouldn't have been introduced. If someone makes a peace sign at me, and pokes the air in my general direction? And I cover my eyes screaming, fall to the floor crying, etc. I mean fuck it, the fight is OVER man. I won.

In all seriousness: As if the fight game didn't already have enough hotly contended fight endings, with enough drama, and politics sprinkled in. Now we're going to introduce a "flinching" rule where if you think the other guy was "going to do something illegal but didn't, and flinched" the ref can disqualify you based on what he thought he saw, but didn't see, because nothing landed.

t's funny how we've got from "I think we're done" and your clever response to all the way here, again.

Yeah, that is funny huh? Really funny considering I've never once said I was done. I agreed with "one" of your, what, four postings about how you were done? I said ok, you've been done for awhile.

I mean in the last twenty comments? You've said goodbye, goodnight, we're done, I'm not worth it, you're done talking to me, etc. Yet here we are?

It seemed like DC came in with an axe to grind, he came in strong "you are not gonna bully me dom"

I can imagine cruz is butting heads with some guys the way he does with rogan.

As for the knee i don't think it landed on the way up, it's hard to see clearly but for me it probably didn't land. If throwing it or landing on the way back is illegal that's another point.

lol Cruz needs to know when to let things go. For what it's worth it looked like Stephens clipped him.

Has anyone here who is commenting saying Jeremy didn't do it on purpose, or that it doesn't matter, that he only grazed him, etc etc.. watch his fight vs Frankie? I was at the fight supporting the homie who smacked around a Perry hype train tonight, and in the venue, and on the replays.. it looked very clear that it landed twice, and the elbows to the back of the head were key to the finish too.. this is a ref who has poked fighters in eyes and known to have missed many calls in previous fights.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If a illegal knee doesn't land, is it still illegal?

<seedat>

Guy fire a gun at you and the bullet whizzes past your head

So thats ok

Cruz is very stubborn I guess it's part of what makes him great at coming back from injury.

Cruz shouldn't be there arguing as a teammate of Stephens. He'd defend him no matter what.

Miragliotta had no reaction to the illegal knee. If commissions would do what they're supposed to they'd question him on this and a bunch of other instances where the dude is useless. Glancing, grazing or hard contact doesn't matter. A foul is a foul.

It seems the knee clearly him backward after Stepehens threw it, my god Dom is such a scumbag but props to DC to stand up for what he believe, I can't wait to see Dom's ass getting kicked again

Never thought I'd say this but Dom is more unlikable than Mike Perry. Props to DC for not letting him get away with it.

Back