DC vs Cruz debate about Stephens knee.

He got right back up after the glancing blow.... now if he dropped down again after the knee then we have something..
True but a fighter can be DQ'd for a severe foul even if it doesn't end the fight, a good argument can be made for the decision to be overturned if emett appeals.

That said the comission hates admitting they've made a mistake and will probably do fooking nothing.

Cruz just being a douche for no reason.

The knee scraped Emmets head. It made slight contact, but likely didn't do any damage or impact the outcome of the fight at all. Also it appears the Emmets hands were off the ground when it made the slight contact.

The elbows were illegal, however it is very difficult to be precise a with strikes when someone's head is moving. Just as much Emmets fault as it is Stephens.

Fight should not be overturned. Legit KO for Stephens.

Bisping is being a tard and Cruz is wrong. You can see the knee grazes his head. If you look at his ear you can see it flop about from of the impact of the knee. Then the shin also makes contact with his head.

it's illegal to land so why should anyone be able to use it to influence the fight at all?

A feint is a feint and a strike is only illegal if it lands.
So why not feint an illegal strike to get an opponent to put him off balance for a legal strike?
I don't even necessarily think it would be a worthwhile strategy, but it could happen and I just see making the motion of a potentially illegal strike illegal too ambiguous to enforce and it will only cause more problems - not to mention dinging a guy for not harming his opponent is ridiculous.

What if a fighter goes to throw a knee and pulls it back when he realizes his opponent is "down"?
No contact, he pulled back, but he was going through the motion? How can we possibly expect that to be called consistently without influencing outcomes based on some pre-crime scenario?

Knee landed. I supported Jeremy but the reality is the knee landed twice. Grazed going up and landed flush going down.

Dan turned a blind eye and deep down he knows he ddnt want to deal with sh!t so decided to let the illegal blow slide.

Regarless, it’s ok the fight wasn’t stppped because the josh was done, but the knee landed.

The point of bringing it up is because Cruz is acting like it did not land at all and fails to be objective.

A feint is a feint and a strike is only illegal if it lands.
So why not feint an illegal strike to get an opponent to put him off balance for a legal strike?
I don't even necessarily think it would be a worthwhile strategy, but it could happen and I just see making the motion of a potentially illegal strike illegal too ambiguous to enforce and it will only cause more problems - not to mention dinging a guy for not harming his opponent is ridiculous.

What if a fighter goes to throw a knee and pulls it back when he realizes his opponent is "down"?
No contact, he pulled back, but he was going through the motion? How can we possibly expect that to be called consistently without influencing outcomes based on some pre-crime scenario?

yeah it's not perfect. All these issues come back to referee shortcomings it seems.

yeah it's not perfect. All these issues come back to referee shortcomings it seems.
And the fighters understanding of the rules -- I put that responsibility on the camp. Mirg going over the rules shouldn't be the first time he's hearing about the rules.

And the fighters understanding of the rules -- I put that responsibility on the camp. Mirg going over the rules shouldn't be the first time he's hearing about the rules.

It was surprising to hear Stephens say if he only had one hand down it makes the strikes legal. He didn't know that if he's on both knees it's illegal or did I misunderstand?

Also I'm not saying that refs are always terrible rather that there will always be things they will misinterpret. Nobody is perfect.

It was surprising to hear Stephens say if he only had one hand down it makes the strikes legal. He didn't know that if he's on both knees it's illegal or did I misunderstand?

Also I'm not saying that refs are always terrible rather that there will always be things they will misinterpret. Nobody is perfect.

You heard right. Either Mirg wasn't thorough or Jeremy only heard him say "if you lift his arm up its legal".
Either way; Florida uses the updated unified rules (even though they may not be officially adopted), so this all should have been ingrained into his muscle memory long before Mirg walked into the room.

You heard right. Either Mirg wasn't thorough or Jeremy only heard him say "if you lift his arm up its legal".
Either way; Florida uses the updated unified rules (even though they may not be officially adopted), so this all should have been ingrained into his muscle memory long before Mirg walked into the room.

Wow that's nuts. Terrible communication there.

Back