DC vs Stipe is the most excited I have been for a fight in a couple years.

The problem is Jon Jones did happen twice so it takes away that true superfight feeling. Don't get me wrong this fight is great but would be way more fun if Jones was moving up to HW.

What’s depressing to me as someone that supported Jones for years is that Dana even said they were in conversations about that fight before everything happened again with another failed drug test. The conversations were ongoing. I know Jones called out Brock, but I think a fight with the heavyweight champion quite frankly was inevitable. It sucks.

I'm super hyped for this fight too, I think its one of the biggest fights in UFC heavyweight history and has the potential to be one of the best fights in UFC heayweight history. I know a lot of people like to shit on DC but that's mostly the Jon Jones dick riders that some how enjoy supporting and cheering for an athlete that cheats. I expect this fight to be a back and forth battle for 5 rounds as both fighters have proven to be on an elite level. I realize that I've been let down in the past by big fights, but considering the power and skill these 2 possess I'm still willing to put my hopes up.

I do agree BJ vs GSP had a much bigger feeling but to be fair Penn only defended the LW belt once when he fought GSP. A huge portion of Penn GSP 2 hype was built up from the first fight and the fact the Penn was 'in shape' during this period.

Right..something was built in already. I think DC vs JBJ 2 was a bigger fight than this.

Back