DC wants to fight Jones a Third Time and feels that he can win

Wouldn't mind a 3rd but if March 2019 is the deadline....Boner probably isn't fighting until 2021.

Yeah I'm sure DC read this post and was like "you know you're right blayt7hh, I should give it another go." Dumbass. How do you figure I am insecure about a fact that barely affects my life? I freely admit Jon is better. That doesn't mean Daniel can't win.

And yes DC clearly did damage in the second fight. Maybe you need to rewatch it

Jones always dictates the range in every fight except his fight with Alex. He fought dc in the clinch because he knows he’s better there. Dc has never dropped or staggered Jones. Dc doesn’t have the power to ko Jones and Jones knows it. Hence the clinch. Given dc’s age and the mental edge he gives up to Jones I just couldn’t pick him. He’s the Clear cut #2. Still deserves respect for it though.

DC has some big moments in the second fight too. He was putting a hurting on Jones in the clinch
seriously?
I remember thinking he might drop jones in the last 30s of the 2nd/3rd of the first fight. R#

Its still possible for dc to win. First fight was a wash. 0 damage done to each other.

2nd fight even though jones won he wasn’t dominating at any point other than the moment he finished him .

Rampage got murdered by wanderlei twice and came back to beat him. There’s probably other instances where this happened.
dc was clinging to survive and jones could of subbed dc in the 4th

Call me crazy but I had DC winning up until that head kick

I feel nothing but the utmost respect for DC's competitive spirit.

Besides, call me crazy, but I too believe he can win. I'm not certain he would, but I honestly feel he could. First fight was closer than the scorecards would suggest, and it was arguably 1-1 until the knockout in the rematch.

It's crazy to act like a fighter as good as DC cannot win. Would Jones be the favourite? Yes. Would he win? Probably. But one can never count Daniel Cormier out. NEVER.

He is that good.
yep. all true, pretty much. that rematch where he got KOd was the best i've ever seen Cormier perform on the feet. that was a crazy pace. really a great fight. it was just eerie how he seemed to have no effect on Jones with the strikes he was landing. Jones's toughness is underrated in the sense that he's eaten a lot of big shots but looks so unphased and unmoved that it just appears like maybe the shot wasn't that hard. Gus was the only guy who's gotten to him, but i really think that was just a poor performance from Jones and he would probably crush Gus less competitively in a rematch. you never know what's going on with these guys behind the scenes or where their heads at or how their time is being spent. Jones could come back a shadow of himself or be an even more deranged killer. likewise, with the way age seems to hit people. Cormier could show up and suddenly be too old for this.

He's still dizzy from his last loss to Jones, cut the guy some slack.

I think he has a chance at heavyweight, with no weight cut. He'd likely lose though.

DC already beat Jon Steroids Jones twice. Jon Jones' entire record is nullified as he's a cheat. Plus he automatically lost to DC when he resorted to roids out of cowardice. He would put clean Jon Pussy Jones in the ER within R1.
Maybe, but we will sadly never know 100 percent how those fights would have turned out if Jones had been clean

I never want to see this fight again.

If he's going to fight Jones again, do it at HW without the weight cut.

Jon Jones without PEDs probably looks like Vitor under WADA type testing.

Disagree? Let's see JJ show up clean to a fight.

Do the 3rd fight at HW, that will change things up a bit. It probably won't even happen though if Cormier says he is retiring in March 2019, and Jones probably will be suspended for a long time

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/4/...ill-feel-i-can-win-light-heavyweight-mma-news

Asked about fighting Brock:

"Brock would still have to go back into the testing pool... So while he’s going through that six-month testing, maybe I can squeeze in a light heavyweight fight. And then get back to him.

Hey, I could fight in March (2019). If there’s a fight on March 2nd, 2019, I can fight. As long as it ain’t past March 20th, 2019. I can fight.

daniel-cormier-taunts-opponent-jon-jones-not-pictured-in-their-ufc-picture-id824380606

I want to fight Jon Jones. I do. I still feel I can win. I know that I’ve lost twice, and the last fight, I got kicked in the head. But I feel like we were having a good fight. And I feel like every fight’s been good. And I feel like if we fought a third time it would be even better.

I want to fight Jon Jones. That will never change.”

jonesjumpsuit.jpg
The problem is that jones' pride would never let him show up and take a chance on an ass-whooping so he would never show up clean. Don't know how to "bump" threads but I said this before their rematch: jones will show up but not without the juice. No matter how much scrutiny that he knew would be on him in their second fight, the guy is an ego-maniac with no confidence in himself and would never risk losing by showing up clean. Cormier is just going to have to deal with that fact. In the first fight, Cormier had jones moving backwards until the eye poke, how ironical, and in the second fight, Cormier was just plowing through jones and I didn't know then how jones was able to keep his composure after getting rocked repeatedly but we ALL know now how he was able to "synthetically" do that. Cormier, a clean jones is a pipe dream. Let it go

Back