DC's HW wins vs Stipe's wins

thelovacluka

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
How do you compare them?

I would say that DC's toughest opponents were Bigfoot (at the time much better than today) and Barnett, who is a seasoned and skilled grappler. Mir is good, but slow and also won tittles beating non top fighters back in the day and out of prime in second run..

Stipe beat werdum, JDS, overeem and now ngannou, who, although he was a hype train, was and is a dangerous pponent, and was a puzzle to solve..

Could we see DC struggling because of Stipe's heavyweight combination of size/reach, atheticism, and of course, boxing, or will we see DC being able to dominate and dictate where the fight goes and putting up a pace as he usually does in LHW?

Just for HW comp all put in the same bracket Stipe beat most of the top 5 while DC beat 5-10. I don't think it matters though, as Stipe hasn't fought a single top wrestler, while DC hasn't fought any HW like Stipe.

These two match up really well regardless of HW wins. I believe DC could probably beat anyone Stipe has beaten at HW anyway.

This is really the only HW fight left. It's been a while since DC hung with the big boys. Also DC's HW wins don't compare to Stipe's at all

HW DC was smoking everyone. Had it not been for Cain, I don't think that would of changed if he continued. He doesn't have the same knock out power as Stipe, but everyone that Stipe beat at hw, DC wouldve beat. Either way, this fight would've eventually happened.

In hindsight the Barnett win isn't as impressive since Big Country was able to take him down as well.

<bball1>

Dumbass question. D.C. is a beast, don't get me wrong. But his resume at heavyweight isn't even that of a contender. It's good, he looked good, but he didn't beat top 5 competition
but everyone that Stipe beat at hw, DC wouldve beat.
<Dylan>

No evidence for that

DC mostly fought grapplers (Monson, Mir, Barnett, Big Country) and Bigfoot. He has not faced a HW who is dangerous on feet.

Gus was the closest fighter to that but he does not have the power of HW strikers. And the fight was really close.

These two match up really well regardless of HW wins. I believe DC could probably beat anyone Stipe has beaten at HW anyway.
That is a good one, as I always wondered how DC would do against new breed heavyweight killers like JDS, Reem and Werdum. Werdum is a nightmare for wrestlers, is huge and is one of the best tests for being truly elite (only champs have beaten him in the moderrn era, previous to Volkov).

Bigfoot, Barnett and Mir at the time he beat them were very good wins but Stipe's wins are clearly better.

<bball1>

Dumbass question. D.C. is a beast, don't get me wrong. But his resume at heavyweight isn't even that of a contender. It's good, he looked good, but he didn't beat top 5 competition

<Dylan>

No evidence for that
Lol, there's no evidence because because the fights never happened. It's just my opinion and you're free to disagree with it. In addition to what DC brings physically to the cage, I think his ability to implement a game plan and stick with it has been a big reason why he's continues to be successful. I think Werdum would give him the most problems out of all Stipes past opponent's, definitely not Struve.

Edit: i just couldn't resist the Struve dig.

DC doesn't have a top 5 HW win (per Sherdog rankings).

So there's that.

Just for HW comp all put in the same bracket Stipe beat most of the top 5 while DC beat 5-10. I don't think it matters though, as Stipe hasn't fought a single top wrestler, while DC hasn't fought any HW like Stipe.
This. Stipe and DC's past fights won't tell us much about how they'll do against each other.

DC will be struggling but don't count him out just yet. I'll be rooting for Miocic and hopefully he'll win, but DC will be a tough test

Lol, there's no evidence because because the fights never happened. It's just my opinion and you're free to disagree with it. In addition to what DC brings physically to the cage, I think his ability to implement a game plan and stick with it has been a big reason why he's continues to be successful. I think Werdum would give him the most problems out of all Stipes past opponent's, definitely not Struve.

Edit: i just couldn't resist the Struve dig.
D.C. would have trouble with all of Stipe's last 4... yes, even Francis in the first two rounds. His length and speed would be an issue for DC who doesn't have the boxing skill Stipe has.

Lol rewatch that Struve fight, that was his peak as a fighter. He looked pretty good and stipe still let him off the hook a few times when he had Struve in a bad spot.

[QUOTE=" He has not faced a HW who is dangerous on feet.

??

Big Country has alot of KO's and most guys as the time would not stand in the pocket and exchange with him.

D.C. would have trouble with all of Stipe's last 4... yes, even Francis in the first two rounds. His length and speed would be an issue for DC who doesn't have the boxing skill Stipe has.

Lol rewatch that Struve fight, that was his peak as a fighter. He looked pretty good and stipe still let him off the hook a few times when he had Struve in a bad spot.
DC boxing is just fine and he blends it with his wrestling better than most. As far as the Struve fight it was a long time ago and has no bearing on this upcoming fight, but it shows that DC came into the game dominating lesser fighters and never let them off the hook. Part of that is because of his fight IQ and his ability to implement his will like I mentioned before. Stipe didn't lose to JDS the first time because JDS is more talented, I just don't think he had the right gameplan. Stipe was giving Francis way to much space. DC or Cain would've been on him like glue whether they got the takedown or not.

Back