News De La Hoya: Chuck and Tito will make the most money of their careers

Liquid Smoke

Great artists steal™
@Gold
Reaction score
Kind of sad. Would have thought these 2 Dana insiders would have made more. These 2 along with Randy, Rich and Matt Hughes pretty much launched the Zuffa era. MMA probably wouldn't have survived w/o them.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/11...ost-money-theyve-ever-made-liddell-vs-ortiz-3

“The message I want to send here is Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz, this trilogy with this fight taking place, they’re gonna make the most money they’ve ever made in their entire careers,” De La Hoya said. “It’s incredible. I’m actually mind blown by that, because i would have thought with Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell — with two names like that — they would have made a lot more money in their careers.”

And De la Hoya/Golden Goy will lose the most of his career

Coming from DLH, take this with a bag of salt.

I'm not convinced this PPV gets 200K buys at $50 per.

Chuck will be making one of the biggest gambles in his career, I hope the money is big lol.

Who's paying them though? People aren't actually gonna buy this shit are they?

De la hoya please return to crossdressing, you're a terrible promoter

How are they gonna make more money though? This ppv is most likely gonna be a bust (it is) what's De La Hoya paying them dudes? Not hating just come on really?

They are losing money with this. They should have at least borrowed some bellator or Rizin folks for an undercard.

As a big fan of them both and watched them from the ufc teens to now in a new promotion, I hope they do .It'd look good on Dana.
But something about Oscar and his statement makes me very skeptical. Time will tell

Last edited:
Chuck with money in his eyes....

<HisEye>

It will be lucky to hit 100k

Their 2nd fight hit 1M buys. So the 3rd fight would need just as many to get roughly the same gross revenue before splits between the cable company and Golden Boy. That's before fighter payouts.

100K buys means everybody involved loses money big-time.

Back