News De La Hoya: Chuck and Tito will make the most money of their careers

Their 2nd fight hit 1M buys. So the 3rd fight would need just as many to get roughly the same gross revenue before splits between the cable company and Golden Boy. That's before fighter payouts.

100K buys means everybody involved loses money big-time.

Yes. And they will lose big. Their last fight was when both were top dogs in the biggest org in the world. I don't think most hard cores even care about this fight.

Did he give actual numbers in the link or is this just him saying "it's going to be huge"?

Who's paying them though? People aren't actually gonna buy this shit are they?
I'm sure plenty of people will watch it. In particular, people who don't watch a lot of MMA, but are very familiar with De La Hoya and Golden Boy. He can sell anything with his name attached. And I would also assume the undercard is getting paid peanuts for the extra exposure. If he has a great streaming service price, it's probably mostly profit. I'm sure he's got a cable deal to re-show it as a re-run too.

Coming from DLH, take this with a bag of salt.

I'm not convinced this PPV gets 200K buys at $50 per.
He lies about everything and wears womens panties. I wouldn't trust anything he says.

De la hoya please return to crossdressing, you're a terrible promoter

Lol, he's a terrible promoter compared to who? GBP just signed a humongous contract with DAZN (thanks Canelo). What exactly are your standards wrt good promoting?

GBP will likely lose money for their first MMA event, but that would only mean a tax writeoff for the company.

Lol, he's a terrible promoter compared to who? GBP just signed a humongous contract with DAZN (thanks Canelo). What exactly are your standards wrt good promoting?

GBP will likely lose money for their first MMA event, but that would only mean a tax writeoff for the company.
lol these haters dont understand it man.

I'm sure plenty of people will watch it. In particular, people who don't watch a lot of MMA, but are very familiar with De La Hoya and Golden Boy. He can sell anything with his name attached. And I would also assume the undercard is getting paid peanuts for the extra exposure. If he has a great streaming service price, it's probably mostly profit. I'm sure he's got a cable deal to re-show it as a re-run too.
I bet the undercard fighters will make as much as there UFC counterparts

NicaPica

I think I speak for everyone when I say Shut the hell up you white belt can

Kind of sad. Would have thought these 2 Dana insiders would have made more. These 2 along with Randy, Rich and Matt Hughes pretty much launched the Zuffa era. MMA probably wouldn't have survived w/o them.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/11...ost-money-theyve-ever-made-liddell-vs-ortiz-3

Tito claims not being paid a base or guarantee for the fight, but only for what the ppv sells. This card isn’t going to sell well. I’m guessing around 100k, probably less.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mmajun...on-himself-chuck-liddell-fight-golden-boy/amp

All sounds like fake promotion to me, Chuck (550,000 disclosed income vs Silva) and tito (525,000 disclosed income vs bader) had some good paydays in their careers. This fights clearly not selling and isn't going to even at like $4.99
Where's the money coming from?

Oscar is just another promoter...All these promoters lie… Why does anybody with any brain sense believe these guys? Come on people figure this shit out

What’s the guaranteed money?
What do they forecast the PPV buy rate to be?
If they don’t meet that threshold, are they still making more money than they’ve ever made?

The money wasn’t the same in those days when Tito and Chuck fought.

Guaranteed the money is so bad it’s one of very few fight cards they do.

Coming from DLH, take this with a bag of salt.

I'm not convinced this PPV gets 200K buys at $50 per.
I have a hard time seeing how anyone not related to them would pay 50.00 to see this. This was ridiculous 5 years ago. I wonder if don Frye can still fight?

I’m happy for Chuck and Tito, however I feel bad for DeLa Hoya. Where is he going to come up with money like that? Wait... Nevermind.
oscar_de_la_hoya_drag_2.jpg

Back