DEADPOOL 2 Thread v.3 ($125 Million US Weekend; Dragonlord's Review)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, May 18, 2018.

?

If you have seen DEADPOOL 2, how would you rate it?

1. 10 - Excellent

7.6%
  2. 9 - Great

22.9%
  3. 8 - Good

31.8%
  4. 7 - Pretty Good

21.7%
  5. 6 - Decent

9.6%
  6. 5 - Average/Meh/Mediocre

3.2%
  7. 4 - Poor

0.6%
  8. 3 - Bad

1.3%
  9. 2 - Terrible

0.6%
  10. 1 - Abysmal

0.6%
  1. Pseudo Sane

Pseudo Sane Brown Belt

It made me laugh. A lot. Was it dumb? So dumb. Was it violent? So violent. Was it meta? So meta. Many of the jokes will age poorly. But at the end of the day, much laughter. That is literally all I ask from these movies.

This is a film that knows what it is and actually has the courage to be itself; self-aware humour wrapped around a core of pain. I would argue that the serious stuff isn't out of place, because Deadpool has always been about humour as a defense mechanism.

As far as content:
    killing X-Force was a stroke of genius. As was babylegs Deadpool. I was dying laughing.

It's not high cinema, but it is sooooooooooo fun. I give it 8/10.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. Superbad

Superbad Blue Belt Platinum Member

Saw this today. Was not disappointed. Fucking hilarious! The one thing lacking from the original was naked Vanessa. I also didn't like the kid, Russel I think was his name, they were saving. Domino was a surprise though. From the pics before the movie i didn't think I was going to like her, but she was great! More of her and Yukio please!

D3THRONED and Pseudo Sane like this.
  3. Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

I thought this was phenomenal. Brolin killed the role. Domino didn't bother me at all and the screen manifestation of her luck was hilarious and made perfect sense. The cameos were great. Reynolds proves this is basically all he can do and I love it. I really had no complaints. The jokes didn't fall flat to me like some did in the first. I thoroughly enjoyed this.

4. nefti

nefti Red Belt

Reynolds, his children, his grandchildren, and his great grandchildren arw gonna live off the Deadpool franchise.

5. nefti

nefti Red Belt

A blade/Deadpool crossover would be hilarious

D Train and LilMountain like this.
  6. Substance Abuse

She's beautiful. Zazie could get it as well.

7. Substance Abuse

Last post about it, but I thought this film was significantly better than the first film. The first deadpool had incredibly dated jokes, an utterly forgettable villain and pretty lame CGI.

LilMountain and Halge like this.
  8. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Black Belt

Watching tomorrow.

I'm a fan of Mr. Sunday movies and watch his youtube channel quite a bit. He was not a fan of the first Deadpool, but liked the sequel.

Anywho, he had an interesting take on the humor of the franchise.

Since the majority of jokes are told while the protagonist is wearing a mask, they can dub in any quip the director wants to after filming is completed.

So, they can add in contemporary jokes just before the release date to make the jokes land.

Heck, if the movie came out two weeks later, they could have added a Royal Wedding one-liner just before the movie was released.

9. AgentSmecker

AgentSmecker Brown Belt

Just a speck of sand in an endless desert of agony
    Hmmm perhaps. There are a whole band of merry dbags on here who have long term grievance with me stemming from heated debates in threads where I made clear my stance on animal rights and they take any opportunity they can to get their knives out. Just cos I'm paranoid doesn't mean there arent people trying to kill me. Apologies if you aren't one of them.

LilMountain likes this.
  10. AgentSmecker

AgentSmecker Brown Belt

Just a speck of sand in an endless desert of agony
    Well in terms of the sheer epic scale and all the hard work put in over the years building up the characters and whole arc leading to this monumental showdown with Thanos then IW has a huge payoff and probably the better movie but for some reason I just enjoyed DP2 more. Guess I just had more fun with it.

Substance Abuse likes this.
  11. brokenjaw

brokenjaw Green Belt

Oh shit, nearly forgot!

Two things: 1. If you've seen either of the two John Wick movies, you will very quickly recognize the directors signature filming style and fight choreography. Down to the "grizzled, beat down anti hero has a dramatic plot forwarding scene in the rain at night" scene.

2. That montage at the begining of the movie where Wade is just randomly taking out various mobsters got me thinking. How fucking sweet would it be to have a "serious" or at least semi-serious Deadpool movie where he's just slicing and shooting his way through a mob ring? Something like John Wick/Daredevil season 2 Punisher but with mutant super powers.

12. Emporio Alnino

Emporio Alnino only the results!

he who bears light exists in the deepest shadow
    loved the action in this one those john wick mfs know how to do it right and make it hit hard... i'm grateful that CBMs have stepped it up so much in that regard.

13. TKing

TKing Brown Belt

Why no Stan Lee cameo?

14. D Train

D Train Silver Belt

No way young kids should see this. There’s no excuse for that. Sometimes you gotta protect your kids from things they aren’t ready for. Hyper violence, murder, suicide, drug use, sexual situations, adult oriented humor, extensive cursing. I cannot imagine trying to explain the strap on joke to my 8 year old.
    The film was really enjoyable and better than the first one. But, I liked the first one better. That one was so original and ground breaking that a sequel, no matter how well done, won’t recapture the same shock or feelings.
    Cable was a straight savage. My favorite part of the film. Domino was cool. And hot. In fact, those two characters made DP seem less competent. They both had much cooler moments and intense fight scenes while DP is crashing into bill boards and riding mopeds. He ends up looking like the goofy sidekick who isn’t as awesome as he thinks he is.
    Juggernaut was cool and unexpected. But the electrical line up the butt was just eye rollingly bad. As was the protracted death scene.
    I laughed a lot. I liked the music a lot. The action was enjoyable. Reynolds really does nail the character. Morena Baccarin is a smoke show. It’s a fun film and you should see it if you haven’t already.

15. D3THRONED

D3THRONED Brown Belt

Enjoyed it, gave it a 7/10. I wish the film would rely slightly less on humor and add more seriousness to it. Considering the R rating. Laughed a lot though and had a good time.

HomerThompson likes this.
  16. MayhemMonkey

MayhemMonkey ... Im kind of a big deal!

eh.... its a deadpool movie, humour is kinda his thing

Substance Abuse likes this.
  17. The Doberman

The Doberman Orange Belt

This was the biggest surprise for me, I just couldn't wrap my head around her powers being "cinamatic" before the movie, then Wade literally says that while they're showing how they pull it off was almost like they were saying "fuck you THIS is how" right to my brain lol loved it. Liked her character and her powers WAY more than I expected to.

Also, as soon as he said "hit it dolly" and 9-5 started playing i just straight up started giggling and laughing my ass off, lol, god this movie used music so well, on the level of guardians and ragnarok but just in a COMPLETELY different way. Really enjoyed the movie, had a smile on my face almost the whole show and walking out.

Side note about movie going in general...I'll never understand the need to go to a movie and talk loudly through the whole fucking thing...makes me remember why i hate people in general.

18. D3THRONED

D3THRONED Brown Belt

No need to tell me, I've read the comics and watched the cartoons. There's still an over abundance to it, which is why I said slightly.

19. Mariah Larry

Mariah Larry Sweet Fantasy Buddy

This and several other things tremendously resonated with me. Even though Longshot was one of my favorite characters because of his luck powers, I was always dissatisfied by their depiction in comics, which already survive on the reader swallowing a lot of contrivances. Near misses and last minute saves, like car chases, are usually better capture in-motion, and that's why I loved watching Domino in action. They gave her a lax, no-sell persona that fell in line with the characterization of the NTW, who is similarly taciturn. Both of them struck some bold looks, with Domino's fetish-wear and hair coming out a bit on top, for me, even though I enjoyed NTW's heightened butchiness.
    Okay, no more speaking lines for you.

20. bosox32

bosox32 Brown Belt

Was wishing for a true Wolverine cameo. Not the edited version at the end but a true Hugh Jackman pop up.

When the current iteration of the X-men popped up i literally cringed. Their movies are so bad that being in a Deadpool film slightly lowered my opinion of it.

<{clintugh}>

FyrFytr998 likes this.