DEADPOOL 2 Thread v.3 ($125 Million US Weekend; Dragonlord's Review)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, May 18, 2018.

?

If you have seen DEADPOOL 2, how would you rate it?

1. 10 - Excellent

7.5%
  2. 9 - Great

23.8%
  3. 8 - Good

31.9%
  4. 7 - Pretty Good

21.3%
  5. 6 - Decent

9.4%
  6. 5 - Average/Meh/Mediocre

3.1%
  7. 4 - Poor

0.6%
  8. 3 - Bad

1.3%
  9. 2 - Terrible

0.6%
  10. 1 - Abysmal

0.6%
  1. MayhemMonkey

MayhemMonkey ... Im kind of a big deal!

theres an over abundance of humour in the comics also..... in fact in all media as far as Deadpool is concerned.

personally I dont think they go far enough with the humour

2. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Gemtor Belt

It was a Daredevil type cameo where he’s in a picture. Plus he technically did a cameo for the teaser trailer to announce the sequel.

With all the crap going on I’ d be surprised if his cameos don’t cut back some.

Nameless Ghoul likes this.
  3. brokenjaw

brokenjaw Green Belt

Was that him as the driver of the prisoner transport truck? That cameo/reference was a biiit to subtle. I might have been the only person in the entire theater who understood the reference.

HomerThompson likes this.
  4. D3THRONED

D3THRONED Brown Belt

I have no idea why you’re even attempting to argue. I gave it a 7/10 because the humor was a bit over the top and a bunch of the jokes fell flat and will age poorly. No need to get your panties in a bunch because someone disagrees with your opinion. You seem like you’re always butthurt about something, it’ll be okay. I think they should have included his suicide scene where he attempts to kill himself over and over.

5. MayhemMonkey

Im not trying to argue dude, I just dont get your (minor) complaint.... so I was just commenting about it.

do you always get so defensive when someone quotes you?

6. AndersonsFoot

AndersonsFoot Brown Belt

Lol that AV

HomerThompson and MayhemMonkey like this.
  7. SiKnSiN

SiKnSiN Brown Belt

Fox needs to stop teasing House of M. Loving the fan service, but I just don't see it happening.

8. Skarr

Skarr Purple Belt

meh for me the best part was Josh Brolin as Cable, thought he nailed it pretty good

the main detraction for me is Deadpool constantly reminding us that we're watching a movie IE((the DC comics joke, the signing of his real name, the references to xmen comics and many more))he just wouldnt let up with that....now I understand its suppose to be an off the wall movie....but leave it at one or two jokes ffs, a movie is suppose to draw you in ...not constantly remind you that youre watching something on a window

for me it definately was not better than the first one and I thought the first had many flaws, Brolin kept me going with this one...if not for his character I would have shut it off halfway thru

also.....the bastardization of the xmen keeps rolling along((fuckers)) Im sure they will make up for it though, with the dark phoenix movie coming out....WHO wouldnt think sansa stark is perfect for that role????? lol ....idk if she is set to play Phoenix or not but I was not down with her being Jean Grey

JosephDredd likes this.
  9. Mariah Larry

Mariah Larry Sweet Fantasy Buddy

I love the homage to SUPERMAN.

Not since the very beginning of the modern comic book cinema era has a baby penis been so prominently featured. And, dare I say? "Beloved?"

[​IMG]

Yes? No? No? Okay.

Green Poncho and VitorReem like this.
  10. VitorReem

VitorReem Geralt of Rivia

After seeing it again I’m going with 8.5-9. I think I was too tired the first time I saw it I was like half alive. It was a ton of fun. I actually liked it better than the first one. Only real problem I had was that fucking kid sucks ass. Absolutely horrible. And cable should’ve been about 500x more powerful. But it was awesome.

11. D3THRONED

D3THRONED Brown Belt

The baby legs scene had me dying. I dont think I've laughed that hard in a movie in ages.

12. D3THRONED

D3THRONED Brown Belt

Not at all, I think I mistaked you for someone else. I enjoyed the movie a good bit I just thought some humor was a bit too forced, it's hard to tell someones tone through texting/messaging so my bad. Just figured you were trying to be a smartass. So apologizes if I came off as a dick in replying.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    MayhemMonkey likes this.
  13. JosephDredd

JosephDredd Gold Belt

What a piece of shit. What a waste of my money and my time. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the first Deadpool, but it turns out that TJ Miller was really keeping Ryan Reynolds on the rails.

What's amazing to me is how much better than the movie the trailers for Deadpool 2 were. They switched lines of dialogue around for maximum effect and did the set-ups / punchlines better than the movie.

Deadpool 2 is like the Ghostbusters remake: too much improv and throwing shit at the wall, too little attention to the demands of a good movie.

Hogey likes this.
  14. Anialater

Anialater Green Belt

Shirt cock'n

Jesus X likes this.
  15. AndersonsFoot

AndersonsFoot Brown Belt

[​IMG]

16. MayhemMonkey

all good man, no harm done

D3THRONED likes this.
  17. 22k

22k ベルセルク

Shatterstar

<36>

18. SiKnSiN

SiKnSiN Brown Belt

And the soundtrack was great, but it's the way they used it which really made it amazing. Easily the best use of a soundtrack in recent memory. Almost every song fit perfectly to the scene, with some having added nuances and clever uses. Well done.

19. TrueBias

TrueBias Yellow Card Yellow Card

Saw it and liked it a lot, but the whole time i was waiting for domino and yuriko to do something cuz you guys kept saying they were good.

Ok, yes, id fuck them, but...they might as well not had been there.

D3THRONED likes this.
  20. CombatCyborg

CombatCyborg Black Belt

Because everyone is tired of him force his way into every goddamn movie? I mean the first couple times it was like "oh cool, Stan Lee" but now I'm wondering if he's extorting the production team or something. I didn't think about him one single time during this movie and am grateful for it.