DEADPOOL 2 Thread v.3 (Super Duper Cut Teaser and Deleted Scene; Dragonlord's Review)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, May 18, 2018.

?

If you have seen DEADPOOL 2, how would you rate it?

1. 10 - Excellent

7.2%
  2. 9 - Great

24.6%
  3. 8 - Good

31.1%
  4. 7 - Pretty Good

22.2%
  5. 6 - Decent

9.0%
  6. 5 - Average/Meh/Mediocre

3.0%
  7. 4 - Poor

0.6%
  8. 3 - Bad

1.2%
  9. 2 - Terrible

0.6%
  10. 1 - Abysmal

0.6%
  1. Dragonlordxxxxx

Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Update: May 18, 2018

Dragonlord’s Review of DEADPOOL 2
    (No Spoilers)

Bottom Line: The funniest remake of Looper.

[​IMG]

Marvel’s raunchy, wisecracking, fourth wall breaking mutant is back in the highly-anticipated sequel that pits him against an unstoppable cyborg from the future – Cable – in order to save the life of a young mutant who may or may not grow up to be an evil dick.

The R-rating for Deadpool 2 is well-deserved – the body count is higher, the kills are creatively more gruesome and the profanities are all over the place that would make Captain America faint. The James Bond-type intro title sequence with Celine Dion’s hauntingly catchy “Ashes” was unexpectedly amazing.

John Wick and Atomic Blonde helmer David Leitch takes over directing duties for Deadpool 2 and he infuses his own style of crowd-pleasing action. With a production budget that is double from the first film, Leitch has more toys to work with, setting up major action pieces including a riveting and relentless prison transport scene that is the highlight of the film.

Ryan Reynolds once again embodies the Merc with a Mouth. He was born to play the titular role, so nothing new to report here. So let’s move on the other cast and characters.

Putting aside his agenda of killing half of the universe in Avengers: Infinity War, Josh Brolin is simply awesome as the time-travelling Cable. His deadpan and gritty demeanor is a great counterfoil to Deadpool. He has several bad-ass fight scenes that accentuate how cool the unrelenting character is. They’re also not afraid to make fun of Cable, comparing him to Winter Soldier and commenting on his height. (I’m glad Fox reads Sherdog.)

But the most unexpected delight comes from Zazie Beetz as Domino. The character is so chill and composed that makes her instantly likable, making her one of the best things about the film.

Deadpool 2 is so loaded that they even have time to form X-Force, which is one of the best parts of the film and its most hilarious. Another awesome moment is when they re-introduce one of the coolest villain in comic book history and finally gives the character justice. Watch out for several funny mutant and famous actor cameos. The mid-credits scene was a hoot.

The main plot though about saving a kid from growing up to be a bad guy isn’t the most appealing, especially since the kid isn’t that likable in the first place. The ending felt a bit schmaltzy and was too conveniently resolved. Some of the jokes don’t hit the mark and some dragged on too long (the ending).

Overall, Deadpool 2 is a worthy sequel to the 2016 hit film. Your enjoyment might vary if you are in a packed theater or not. For maximum guffaws, watch this with a lot of people around. Be warned, there is nothing after the mid-credits scene.

Preliminary Rating: 7.5/10 or 8/10

Link to previous thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/deadpool-2-thread-v-2.3766955/

2. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: May 20, 2018

DEADPOOL 2 Topples AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR with $125 Million U.S. Debut

[​IMG]

Superheroes continued to dominate the box office as Ryan Reynolds and 20th Century Fox's Deadpool 2 debuted to $125 million domestically.

After falling off more than expected on Saturday, the sequel couldn't match the debut of the first Deadpool, which opened to $132.4 million in February 2016, the best showing in history for an R-rated title. Nevertheless, Deadpool 2 still scored the third-best domestic opening of the year to date behind fellow superhero tentpoles Avengers: Infinity War and Black Panther, as well as the No. 2 launch ever for an R-rated film.

Deadpool 2 — hitting theaters as the Fox film empire prepares for the Disney/21st Century Fox merger — easily toppled superhero mashup Infinity War from the top spot. Infinity War was no slouch, however, grossing $28.7 million in its third weekend to finish Sunday with a North American total of $585 million. Overseas, the Disney and Marvel Studios' blockbuster earned another $84.4 million, fueled by a $53.7 million from China, for a foreign title of $1.218 billion and global hual of $1.813 billion.

Thanks in large part to the strength of the two superhero titles, domestic revenue was up a staggering 64 percent over the same weekend last year, when new openers included Alien: Covenant.

Playing in a total of 4,349 theaters in North America — the widest release in Fox history — Deadpool 2 was frontloaded. It earned a massive $18.6 million in Thursday-evening previews, followed by a $53 million Friday, the top opening day for an R-rated movie. Like Deadpool, the sequel earned an A CinemaScore from audiences.

Overseas, Deadpool 2 launched in most major markets timed to its U.S. launch, although it still doesn't have a China release date. Foreign numbers weren't immediately available.

Deadpool 2, directed by David Leitch, follows the irreverent Deadpool (Reynolds) as he forms an X-Force posse in hopes of stopping the evil Cable (Josh Brolin). Morena Baccarin, Julian Dennison, Zazie Beetz, T.J. Miller, Brianna Hildebrand and Jack Kesy co-star. Reynolds produced the sequel and co-wrote the script with his Deadpool collaborators Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...-2-topples-infinity-war-125m-us-debut-1113470

scorpipede and Myrddin Wild like this.
  3. Dragonlordxxxxx

4. AgentSmecker

AgentSmecker Brown Belt

Just a speck of sand in an endless desert of agony
    Saw it today and actually enjoyed it more than IW. Was a very pleasant surprise to see
    Juggs
    make an appearance and Brolin was total fucking badass as Cable. Loved the actress playing Domino and she was hot as fuck but given the choice I'd go for a 3 way with NTW and Yukio.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2018
  5. The Clinch

The Clinch Red Right Hand. Platinum Member

Sweet, came to read the nonspoilers and then had something spoiled by the next post after Dragon.

Thanks Agent Shmucker.

[​IMG]

6. lordsai

lordsai Purple Belt

I really enjoyed it

7. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

Definately going to be checking this one out.

8. SheetsMMAfan

SheetsMMAfan —-ThePENISS.com—-

Leaving soon to go see this. Pretty excited!

9. LilMountain

LilMountain Section 20 Operative

I loved "Take on me" playing right as the scene mimiced the music video

EvilDDS, Dragonlordxxxxx and ssBaldy like this.
  10. MayhemMonkey

MayhemMonkey ... Im kind of a big deal!

[​IMG]

11. AznTrojan

AznTrojan Silver Belt

saw it this afternoon.. definitely a fun flick.. i enjoyed it more than infiinity war..

EvilDDS and Dragonlordxxxxx like this.
  12. MMA since 1993

MMA since 1993 ____________

Good review, looking forward to seeing it tomorrow morning

Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  13. ufcfan4

ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

Great review. Agree with the scoring. Very much on par with the original- funny and entertaining.

Mid credits scene is arguably the funniest part of the film and that’s saying something because there is a gag a minute and most of them land.

This really is the signature role of Reynolds’ career.

Central plot with the kid struck me as very Looper-esque. Nothing ground breaking or anything but the plot was sort of just the jumping off point for dynamic action sequences and constant jokes and pop culture references.

Brolin was great and so was Zazie. They really did a cool job of showcasing the awesomeness of Domino’s powers.

14. ufcfan4

Got it. I guess it’s kind of funny in an Avenue q-ish/Who Framed Roger Rabbit- but far more vulgar type way.

That’s my biggest complaint actually- feel likes it’s trying to be fresh but to me it looks like Roger Rabbit type deal but with a hard r rating. Could be funny. Could be try hard. We will see. I like McCarthy though even though she’s made some shit here and there.

Also I feel like the poor Muppets are kind of getting tainted by this via association lol.

SiKnSiN likes this.
  15. ufcfan4

Yeah I watched R rated stuff as a youth without issue. The craziest shit though is that I am not fazed by onscreen violence in the slightest but show me the video of Anderson Silva kicking Weidman or Psycho Sid jumping off the turnbuckle and I’m ready to retch.

Track Jipper likes this.
  16. MMouse

MMouse Yellow Card Yellow Card

Nice, I was at 7-7.5/10.

My favs were xmen actually being there

Brad pitt

And the ending, his possible mockery/foreshadow of avengers 4 fixing the time line

17. irish_thug

irish_thug Steel Belt

is it Juggy?

18. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom Platinum Member

quality > quantity

19. SiKnSiN

SiKnSiN Brown Belt

Was reading up on all the easter eggs/references, and damn did I miss a lot of shit. Looking forward to seeing it again tomorrow.

20. liljoe

liljoe Brown Belt

I really hope this merger comes through.

Hulk vs
    Juggs
    Will be the shit.

Green Poncho and Dragonlordxxxxx like this.