Dealing with people who spam their jab

Is he countering after or with your jab? Regardless, you need to feint, either to draw out his counters or to fool him into thinking you're not throwing.

Yea, the duck distracts them and it sets up teh jab nicely.

Then after you win, you can eat the duck after. You know... post-workout protein and all that

I think you're ducking my question.
Pls answer the it properly.

Jarell Miller beat Gerald Washington and part of that came down to Miller nullifying the jab heavy style of Washington. Not the only way to do it. You can also jab with a jabber, they hate it.

Jab is all about range and speed... Get in close and nasty. Make him miss... A lot. Then feint, slip or parry and close the gap.

If you don't have good range control or ability to close gap... Counter punch. Follow the jabs back. Check hook slip, etc. Don't be afraid to eat a jab to serve a nice liver punch.

Get past the reach and the jab. Once you get to the inside unload a short crisp punch combos then get out and out of range. Make it count once your inside. parry, come in low and explode get out.

It's not really "spamming" if he keeps hitting you with it!
If he's being predictable you should have a huge advantage. However if your not reacting to what he's doing, and keep on with the same thing, he's going to keep on hitting you.
Boxing is like a conversation, one person puts something out there, then the other person counters or comes back with something else. If you've already decided on what your going to say before hand, who shouts the loudest wins. Listen to what he's telling you and counter that. "He's Jabbing a lot. What counters do I know to the jab. Ok, slip shovel hook to the body. Now he's adding a cross to the end, what counter do I know to a 1-2, etc"

Back