Dear fellow British friends supporting Brexit, can you answer me that question

Is Glennrod still around? I haven't seen him post forever. He was one of the guys on the right that I came to like, even though we disagreed on many things.

Brits, at least when I was there, didn't seem to eat much (any?) fruits or veggies anyways. The stuff for sale in the stores was shitty looking stuff you wouldn't see on the shelves in most American stores (well maybe the poverty area ones in inner cities).

But then again it probably healthier and closer to organic. I love the taste of GMO's and pesticides as long as by produce is bruise-less and crunchy.

As for job seekers, there are group of people that just dont want to work. Regardless how much you pay them. You can say offer them £10 or £15 to pick fruits, but how many of them are going to thats another matter.

Well that's the problem with providing life long welfare for people unwilling to work. If you took the welfare away for denying work then they'd have to accept and become self sufficient. For far too long we've provided a comfortable lifestyle for some in our society who have never contributed and will never contribute.

Of course Corbynites want everything paid and provided for by the state and they'll tax people like me to get it. It's time people in this country took responsibility for themselves. I came from one of the poorest and deprived areas in Coventry and it made me more determined to work hard so I could have a good life, we live in the developed world, in a country that will provide you a full education free of charge. There are no excuses for failure if you're a native Brit.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ndustry-eu-staff-exodus-brexit-damage-economy

How you want to continue enjoying £1 for 6 pack of tomatoes, £0.50 for a kg of potatoes, £2 for a pack of strawberries while at the same time demanding fruit & veg businesses to pay you decent wage for picking their fruits?

When I am reading these comments 'pay decent wage then so you have Brits picking fruits not bloody foreigners', I am struggling to see the answers, maybe you will enlighten me?

not a brit but isnt this the same thing that people in the american south used to argue for slavery

"do you expect WHITE NATIVES to do these jobs for these prices?? do you want to pay triple for cotton?!?!"

i hope youre at least honest that you want an ethnic underclass trying to survive on scraps

I haven't lived in the UK for over 10 years bro

Was talking to another British expat who went back on holiday the other week and he was telling me how much cheaper it was than Canada. I was pretty stunned because it being unbelievably expensive was the whole reason I left the place. Although back then I was a dirt poor student who'd straight jack a dude off if he waved a tenner in my face
Whereabouts did you live? I knoe London is stupid expensive. Buddy of mine is renting a tiny studio apartment for uni down there, at a cost of more than three times the rent on a 3-bed house in the North.

Whereabouts did you live? I knoe London is stupid expensive. Buddy of mine is renting a tiny studio apartment for uni down there, at a cost of more than three times the rent on a 3-bed house in the North.

I lived in a Welsh town called Llanelli (Birthplace of pronstar Sophie Dee), and went to Uni in Swansea. Definitely would've been much cheaper than London but still, hard times bro

How is London so expensive? People there make like no money and it's expensive as fuk all

How will the English empire survive?

Commit national suicide for a $1 tomato coupon.

Because London.
I'm really curious. I was looking up wages for my sector and they're ~ 50% lower in London. Somehow the rent is twice as high, and I live in a huge, nice city.

In American cities like San Francisco and Manhattan that are expensive, people are making loads of money.

Another aspect of western "economics" which mysterious does not apply to Japan, the world's most stable/consistent economy. They need to hear about this national suicide for a $1 tomato coupon strategy.

Explosive "GROWTH" (Growth for whom? Don't ask).

I'm really curious. I was looking up wages for my sector and they're ~ 50% lower in London. Somehow the rent is twice as high, and I live in a huge, nice city.

In American cities like San Francisco and Manhattan that are expensive, people are making loads of money.
London is like designer clothing brands. The price tag is only so high, because of the name. Seriously, though, maybe something to do with high rent prices driving up cost, idk.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ndustry-eu-staff-exodus-brexit-damage-economy

How you want to continue enjoying £1 for 6 pack of tomatoes, £0.50 for a kg of potatoes, £2 for a pack of strawberries while at the same time demanding fruit & veg businesses to pay you decent wage for picking their fruits?

When I am reading these comments 'pay decent wage then so you have Brits picking fruits not bloody foreigners', I am struggling to see the answers, maybe you will enlighten me?

Because some of the Brits are stupid enough to get their views from the side of a bus and the reality is starting to set in, that they can't have their cake and eat it too.

God this shit in Europe now? The same idiotic argument people have used to be pro illegal immigration for the past 30 years in the states? Yes, lets let immigrants do shitty jobs and make wages that they can't possibly support themselves with so they'll also need public assistance and at the same time make it so that more desirable citizens don't have to do jobs like that. And the best part, we'll pretend we're great humanitarians at the same time!

Obviously a better solution than paying an extra quarter for a box of strawberries.

Because there is a price to pay for a cohesive and culturally strong society

I'd rather pay a little extra in taxes and have a stronger, safer country.

God this shit in Europe now? The same idiotic argument people have used to be pro illegal immigration for the past 30 years in the states? Yes, lets let immigrants do shitty jobs and make wages that they can't possibly support themselves with so they'll also need public assistance and at the same time make it so that more desirable citizens don't have to do jobs like that. And the best part, we'll pretend we're great humanitarians at the same time!

Obviously a better solution than paying an extra quarter for a box of strawberries.

This.

These shitty jobs are what our young people used to have to learn how to work and earn some pocket money. Not for foreigners to raise their families on.

A family of immigrants picking strawberries will need government assistance in the form of taxes to survive and pay their rent etc.

We end up paying in the long run.

Back