Death Stranding - what is this going to be?

Ok so does anybody else get the impression that Kojima literally doesn't know what this game is about?
Like the writers on Lost, he's been making shit up as he goes along his entire career. Then trying to pretend it's something profound, when it isn't even cohesive.

Like the writers on Lost, he's been making shit up as he goes along his entire career. Then trying to pretend it's something profound, when it isn't even cohesive.
That's what I've been saying. His games wind up being good but story wise they're the video game equivalent of throwing your lunch at the wall and calling it art because it represents the battle of good and evil or some shit.

That's what I've been saying. His games wind up being good but story wise they're the video game equivalent of throwing your lunch at the wall and calling it art because it represents the battle of good and evil or some shit.
He's made a career off of anime tropes that were already tired in the late 90s. The MGS games have great gameplay but the story vanished up its own ass some time around MGS2.

He's convinced a lot of people that convoluted for the sake of it means the story is deep or profound. That's why his name attached to anything that isn't MGS isn't a plus for me. He's never proven he can do anything else well.

I just wanna know what Kojima was smoking when he came up with this game, because I want some of that shit

An overhyped, overrated, decent game from which Kojima fans will jizz over.

I rarely follow any industry buzz these days, so I miss most of these trailers and hear about games at or close to release.
You need watch a YouTube play through.

You need watch a YouTube play through.
Yeah I might have to do that. Is the game out then or just some gameplay footage available.

Yeah I might have to do that. Is the game out then or just some gameplay footage available.

It was a playable teaser available for download back in like 2014. It was called P.T. (playable teaser) but it was actually a Kojima version (in collaboration with Guillermo Del Toro) of a Silent Hill game. And it was scary. The game was cancelled when Kojima left Konami. But there's a lot of speculation that Death Stranding is gonna be what Kojima envisioned for his Silent Hill game. And there are a lot of similarities. Both starred Norman Reedus, Guillermo Del Toro is involved with both, and there are a bunch of pictures on the wall in P.T. and they look a lot like scenes from Death Stranding.

On the left is P.T., on the right is Death Stranding

vdtmw7ce6p311.jpg

Last edited:
It was a playable teaser available for download back in like 2014. It was called P.T. (playable teaser) but it was actually a Kojima version (in collaboration with Guillermo Del Toro) of a Silent Hill game. And it was scary. The game was cancelled when Kojima left Konami. But there's a lot of speculation that Death Stranding is gonna be what Kojima envisioned for his Silent Hill game. And there are a lot of similarities. Both starred Norman Reedus, Guillermo Del Toro is involved with both, and there are a bunch of pictures on the wall in P.T. and they look a lot like scenes from Death Stranding.

On the left is P.T., on the right is Death Stranding

vdtmw7ce6p311.jpg
Very interesting. I will admit to being somewhat interested in Death Stranding because it's clearly going to be weird. And I love weird things. If it's a really freaky horror game set in a future dystopia with Kojima and Del Toro involved..... yeah I'm probably going to have to get that. Just hope the story isn't firmly inserted up it's own ass. I haven't found a horror game with the mix of horror and action that I like since Dead Space, easily one of my favorite games EVER. But then they mucked that up and Resident Evil is dead to me after 6 and 7.

Although they are FINALLY moving forward on the RE2 remaster, which I'm REALLY hyped for. RE2 is definitely in my top ten all time.

I think it's going to be a survival/strategy game. It seems that the main character is a hired delivery man, in a world that's filled with invisible demons?

Feels like one of those games that's cool in theory, but ends up just being boring.

i like the idea of transporting stuff and going on long voyages in an immersive environment, but the story looks like dumb shit trying really hard to be some avant gard david lynch crap

I thought this game looked cool as hell at E3 but all the gaming podcasts I listen to have been doing nothing but shitting all over it. I don't get it. I think it looks really interesting and unique. I guess because Norman Reedus isn't running around shooting people or flying in his mech suit it's not worth the time. Yes, it looks weird. But it also looks incredibly ambitious and powerful. I imagine this has something to do with the survival of Mankind in a dystopian state that will require a lot of strategy as opposed to just killing people. Also, it's fucking Kojima and MGSV was terrific and could have possibly been a masterpiece if he had been allowed to finish it. I'm all in. Fuck the haters.

I'm intrigued by this and I'm all for pushing the envelope on art in games. That being said, MGS is such a mixed bag for me. It has cool setpieces and all but is such a jumbled mess imo. People who think Kojima is some storytelling mastermind are also way off in my humble opinion. He indulges in equal parts Sergio Leone and anime circle jerking.

Death Stranding has the potential to be an interesting game for sure. It also has a high chance of being pompous, self important drivel.

Either way, it'll be wild haha

Since it's Kojima I'm in. This is the other game that's making me buy a PS4. I loved the MGS series even with all the cut scenes. The story is one of the GOATs in video gaming and I expect a dope story with this game too. Just look at MGS now that Kojima left.

Last edited:
if the game is more horror than weirdness I am in...

it's not a pre-order and the review must be at least good enough to warrant a buy.

Back