Showtime Dec.1st Stevenson vs. Gvozdyk, Chavez vs. Angulo - Split-Site Double

spacer.gif

adonis.jpg
STEVENSON VS. GVOZDYK: DEC. 1ST IN QUEBEC CITY

World light heavyweight champion Adonis "Superman" Stevenson (29-1-1, 24 KOs) faces his WBC mandatory challenger, Oleksandr "The Nail" Gvozdyk (15-0-0, 12 KOs) on December 1st at Videotron Center in Quebec City.

Tickets will be in presale Wednesday and Thursday and general admission go on sale this Friday at Gestev.com.

Also on the show will be Marie-Eve Dicaire (13-0-0, 0 KOs), heavyweight Oscar Rivas (24-0-0, 17 KOs), welterweight Mikael Zewski (31-1-0, 22 KOs) and fan-favorite Sébastien Bouchard (16-1-0, 6 KOs).

Glad that they picked it up for TV but most will be watching the PPV in one form or another I'd assume if they are going on at the same time

Stevenson looked great for the first 6 rounds vs Jack, and then horrible for the last 6. I give stevenson credit for being able to survive. Gvosdyk seems to have a suspect chin, and his resume for who he has beat is less than stellar. this could be a 50/50 fight.

Glad that they picked it up for TV but most will be watching the PPV in one form or another I'd assume if they are going on at the same time
Wilder vs fury is Showtime ppv they are not going to compete against each other.

The televised portion of the Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury pay-per-view undercard is still under construction.

It appears, though, that boxing fans will get an appealing lead-in to Showtime’s four-fight, pay-per-view telecast December 1. Sources have confirmed to BoxingScene.com that Showtime likely will televise the Adonis Stevenson-Oleksandr Gvozdyk light heavyweight title fight live on the network immediately preceding the start of the Wilder-Fury pay-per-view show that night.

The bout between Quebec’s Stevenson (29-1-1, 24 KOs), the WBC 175-pound champion, and Ukraine’s Gvozdyk (15-0, 12 KOs), the mandatory challenger for Stevenson’s title and the WBC’s interim light heavyweight champion, will be broadcast from Videotron Centre in Quebec City, Canada. The Wilder-Fury fight for Wilder’s WBC heavyweight title will headline a Showtime Pay-Per-View event from Staples Center in Los Angeles.

gvozdyk-stevenson.jpg

https://www.boxingscene.com/stevenson-gvozdyk-air-on-sho-right-wilder-fury-ppv--132209

Wilder vs fury is Showtime ppv they are not going to compete against each other.
I know that, i even mentioned that, but if they are on at the same time, they are competing with each other. Either you're going to watch the ppv or not. how is that not competing? If there's a choice to watch one or the other, that's competition. I don't know if they are on at the same time though which would make that a choice.

If this is going to be on normal Showtime, they better pack the undercard of the PPV. If I'm going to pay money to watching boring ass Tyson Fury, I better be entertained beforehand.

Stevenson looked great for the first 6 rounds vs Jack, and then horrible for the last 6. I give stevenson credit for being able to survive. Gvosdyk seems to have a suspect chin, and his resume for who he has beat is less than stellar. this could be a 50/50 fight.

He has suspect footwork not a suspect chin. He gets hit when he shouldn't because he's horrible at fighting at his range.

I know that, i even mentioned that, but if they are on at the same time, they are competing with each other. Either you're going to watch the ppv or not. how is that not competing? If there's a choice to watch one or the other, that's competition. I don't know if they are on at the same time though which would make that a choice.
It’s going to be PRE to the PPV portion.

I was high on Gvozdyk for a while, but he hasn't looked so hot recently. I think I'll take Stevenson here. He'll probably look like shit for the first 6 rounds then get a KO out of nowhere.

Only fight pre ppv to be shown on showtime

Fabio Maldonado, what the fuck is this?? His 26-0 is complete bullshit and Rivas will slaughter him in 3 rounds. Horrendous mismatch, Maldonado was a decent MMA-fighter turned punching bag. The height of his success was years ago and the decline has been apparent. I wouldn't consider him fit to be a sparring partner to Rivas, let alone fighting him in the ring. I liked Maldonado has a mixed martial artist but this trend of guys putting gloves on and thinking that they can actually box on this level is embarrassing. It's like watching a Ben Stiller-movie. Please make it stop.

I think Stevenson should handle Gvozdyk but since I'm a bonafide hater, I'll go with a mid-round stoppage for Gvozdyk, unlikely as it is. I have never bet on or picked Stevenson for a single win for as long as I remember and I won't change my tone now. Give me great odds on Gvozdyk and I'd put down some cash. #hateroftheyear

Fabio Maldonado, what the fuck is this?? His 26-0 is complete bullshit and Rivas will slaughter him in 3 rounds. Horrendous mismatch, Maldonado was a decent MMA-fighter turned punching bag. The height of his success was years ago and the decline has been apparent. I wouldn't consider him fit to be a sparring partner to Rivas, let alone fighting him in the ring. I liked Maldonado has a mixed martial artist but this trend of guys putting gloves on and thinking that they can actually box on this level is embarrassing. It's like watching a Ben Stiller-movie. Please make it stop.

I think Stevenson should handle Gvozdyk but since I'm a bonafide hater, I'll go with a mid-round stoppage for Gvozdyk, unlikely as it is. I have never bet on or picked Stevenson for a single win for as long as I remember and I won't change my tone now. Give me great odds on Gvozdyk and I'd put down some cash. #hateroftheyear

Lol! I agree everything you just said about Maldonado

Back