Deceptive power.

Well it depends.. Chavez claimed Floyd punched comparably to Canelo. If you think Canelo is a hard puncher for his division, then Floyd is too.

I think that was Mosley.

Well it depends.. Chavez claimed Floyd punched comparably to Canelo. If you think Canelo is a hard puncher for his division, then Floyd is too.
Mosley said Pac and Floyd had pretty similar power. Floyds power wasn't often on display because he wasn't really a finisher but something kept guys from coming in on him after a few rounds.

Canelo has pretty wicked power in his counters, I don't think Floyd had quite that much snap in his shots.

Mosley said Pac and Floyd had pretty similar power. Floyds power wasn't often on display because he wasn't really a finisher but something kept guys from coming in on him after a few rounds.

It was mosley or some other guy said that it was equal to Canelo too. I gave the wrong names. But the info is correct.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/513GTBdDBPL._SX355_.jpg

513GTBdDBPL._SX355_.jpg

Not as much snap, but more of the crackle and pop.

A pop with the fighter not seeing it.
He wobbled Oscar when Oscar was moving in, off a single right hand against the ropes.

For me Wilder's straight right, whenever it gets through they wobble. Or the right just shines because every other punch is average.

I guess it goes without saying that young Floyd punched much harder than old due to the injury. Boxing gloves can only help so much..

For me Wilder's straight right, whenever it gets through they wobble. Or the right just shines because every other punch is average.

For all the shit he gets, Wilder does have a good, technical straight right/cross

My vote goes to Vasyl Lomachenko. If you watch a highlight reel you'll notice all the pitty patty punching combinations he does but you'll also notice that he has a few one punch stoppages as well, particularly to the body. His liver shot stoppage of Linares was a perfect example of his one punch stopping power.

People act like Tyson Fury is feather-fisted but he absolutely flatlined Steve Cunningham, and he's still the only person to stop him. Cunningham has been facing top-level fighters for almost 15 years.

Last edited:
Back