Defense Contributions of Nato Countries vs the Social Welfare Spending of Nato Countries

Why not? you have nukes, you have like 10 carrier battlegroups, cut military spending in half and the US would still be as safe.
The US military is what protects the western world from geopolitical blackmail. Without it being as large as it is, every time a European politician or newspaper said something critical about some other country or had a policy -- domestic, not even foreign policy -- a foreign power didn't like, they'd get some natural resource cut off until that European politician or newspaper bent to foreign pressure and Europe redesigned its domestic policy to fit that foreign power's agenda. Europeans don't know it but Europe owes its political sovereignty and freedom to the United States military.

I doubt that we would actually up our social welfare spending even if the other nations were spending 3% on military spending. Which is why I think bringing up Europe's social welfare spending is a red herring. It implies that our military spending allows them to hone these social welfare programs. It also implies that the 2 things are trade offs - either you have 2% of military spending or you have robust social welfare programs.

To my way of thinking, making that implied connection is just more divisive reasoning. It leads some Americans to believe that Europe is essentially taking advantage of us. And that makes them our enemies, not our allies.
Our social welfare spending is off the charts. Our government spends the second most per citizen on healthcare. We spend the second most on K-12 education per student. We just spend our healthcare money on bullshit and American students are lazy.

If we are creating a mess, its on us to clean it up. So no..... its not on the muslim countries to take people as we are the ones fucking up the region..... what dont you understand about that? WE have the moral duty to help them

also the "take some muslims into your house" argument is fucking dumb.... especially seeing as Scotland has plenty of room for immigrants/refugees. We would welcome them if they manage to get here. Unlike assholes like you

WE??? did i blow up the middle east ? so no i have no moral duty to help rapists and pedophile worshipers.

No it just destroys your argument so you call it dumb, its the most legitimate point anyone can make on this situation.

You want these fucker you house them, you grand stand about helping that scum but you have no inclination for you being the one living next to them. Some one will be forced to live next to them to deal with them. Since you want them it should be you and people like you. Its you who gets the enrichment and who suffer's the consequences, not the people who didn't want them anywhere near them in the first place.

But you are a pathetic coward hypocrite, so yahh.

WE??? did i blow up the middle east ? so no i have no moral duty to help rapists and pedophile worshipers.

No it just destroys your argument so you call it dumb, its the most legitimate point anyone can make on this situation.

You want these fucker you house them, you grand stand about helping that scum but you have no inclination for you being the one living next to them. Some one will be forced to live next to them to deal with them. Since you want them it should be you and people like you. Its you who gets the enrichment and who suffer's the consequences, not the people who didn't want them anywhere near them in the first place.

But you are a pathetic coward hypocrite, so yahh.
na mate, its dumb.... just like the rest of your bullshit. Cant wait until you get banned so we dont have to listen to your pish

na mate, its dumb.... just like the rest of your bullshit. Cant wait until you get banned so we dont have to listen to your pish

lol coward, you want them you suffer them. Even a simpleton like you should get that.

lol coward, you want them you suffer them. Even a simpleton like you should get that.
wtf are you talking about? its not about wanting anyone..... its about helping those in need.

you are scum. stop quoting me ya fucking weirdo

wtf are you talking about? its not about wanting anyone..... its about helping those in need.

you are scum. stop quoting me ya fucking weirdo

lmao

IF you want to help them, feel fucking free to help them.

GO help them if you care, stop pretending you do and actually go help those fuckers.

But we all know you are full of shit.

lmao

IF you want to help them, feel fucking free to help them.

GO help them if you care, stop pretending you do and actually go help those fuckers.

But we all know you are full of shit.
shut the fuck up ya slavering loser.... stop quoting me, I have no interest in conversing with a neanderthal

The US military is what protects the western world from geopolitical blackmail. Without it being as large as it is, every time a European politician or newspaper said something critical about some other country or had a policy -- domestic, not even foreign policy -- a foreign power didn't like, they'd get some natural resource cut off until that European politician or newspaper bent to foreign pressure and Europe redesigned its domestic policy to fit that foreign power's agenda. Europeans don't know it but Europe owes its political sovereignty and freedom to the United States military.

Im pretty sure that people dont give resources based on goodwill, they give resources because they like being paid.

shut the fuck up ya slavering loser.... stop quoting me, I have no interest in conversing with a neanderthal

Neither do you have any interest actually helping people.

You just talk a big game, as long as you never have to live next to those 3rd world religious neanderthals.

coward.

Neither do you have any interest actually helping people.

You just talk a big game, as long as you never have to live next to those 3rd world religious neanderthals.

coward.
fuck.... off..... ya..... cunt

Im pretty sure that people dont give resources based on goodwill, they give resources because they like being paid.

Is that why natural gas pipelines, electronic financial trading routes, sea lanes (prior to the US navy), etc. get cut off all the time in political disputes instead of making money on them?

You're wrong and so is Trump, FYI.

You're confusing the US Government's military budget with NATO's budget. Those are two different budgets.

US pays for 22% of NATO's annual civilian and military budgets. Germany pays 14%, France and UK pay 10% each and the rest pay between 0.15(Luxembourg) to 7% (Canada).

I hope this helps.

How ever you calculate it we still pay to damn much and should cut back.

How ever you calculate it we still pay to damn much and should cut back.

The total budget for NATO for all countries involved is like $3B US dollars or something, lol.

Trump increased domestic military spending by several times more than that and increased the overall deficit by over $200B.

The total budget for NATO is like $3B US dollars or something, lol.

Trump increased domestic military spending and increased the overall deficit by over $200B.

Still don't see a good reason not to cut back on our NATO spending.

Still don't see a good reason not to cut back on our NATO spending.

So you'd rather tell all our allies since WW2 to fuck off to save us $1B or less annually just so the Republicans can still increase our domestic military spending by hundreds of billions anyway?

Makes.

No.

Sense.

So you'd rather tell all our allies since WW2 to fuck off to save us $1B or less annually just so the Republicans can still increase our domestic military spending by hundreds of billions anyway?

Makes.

No.

Sense.

And you forgetting all the other expenses

We can spend a lot of that money better ways.

Back