Defense Contributions of Nato Countries vs the Social Welfare Spending of Nato Countries

And you forgetting all the other expenses

We can spend a lot of that money better ways.

What other expense am I forgetting?

The NATO alliance costs us very little that we weren't going to spend on the military anyway and in return we get mountains of intelligence and military access around the globe.

Is that why natural gas pipelines, electronic financial trading routes, sea lanes (prior to the US navy), etc. get cut off all the time in political disputes instead of making money on them?

They used to get cut off back in the day when globalization was less of a thing. Nowadays? its harder to do so.

What other expense am I forgetting?

The NATO alliance costs us very little that we weren't going to spend on the military anyway and in return we get mountains of intelligence and military access around the globe.

The expense of overseas bases and exercises.

We can cut back on all of that.

The expense of overseas bases and exercises.

We can cut back on all of that.

But why?

Why do you want to surrender the empire our ancestors died for?

To save a few shekels to then reinvest in the military again?

No it's smart to stay out of shit especially when it's a damned if you do or don't. The smart answer is don't

It's a good thing Dwight Eisenhower conquered the world for us so you could grow up to be such a do nothing bitch.

It's a good thing Dwight Eisenhower conquered the world for us so you could grow up to be such a do nothing bitch.

And your one of the damned if we do people so I don't take much you say seriously.

I agree, TS, we should spend less on military and more on social programs.

Back